Hockey seaaaaason sooooon!

moreluck

golden ticket member
St. Peter and Satan were having an argument one day about hockey. Satan proposed a game to be played on neutral ice between a select team from the heavenly host and his own hand-picked boys. "Very well," said the gatekeeper of Heaven. "But you realize, I hope, that we've got all the good players and the best coaches." "I know, and that's all right," Satan answered unperturbed, "We've got all the referees."

klein

Für Meno :)
DS, you need to watch this.
almost 25 years ago, in 1987 Russia vs Canada.

'Punch-up in Piestany'

Broadcast Date: Jan. 4, 1987
You know a hockey melee is serious when even the goalies are fighting. In the final game of the 1987 World Junior Hockey Championships, punches are thrown between a Canadian and a Soviet player. Suddenly it's a free-for-all as both teams bolt from the bench to enter the fray, launching a 20-minute tussle that continues even when desperate arena officials turn out the lights. "You just don't see this in international hockey," says an astonished CBC commentator.

klein

Moreluck on the rampage, been laughing all day. But, sorry, dear, I can't move it :) Someone hopefully will for you.

And, btw. : I don't think I would try any of her recipes today ! LOL

klein

Any predictions for tomorrow ?

Mine are :
Gold : Canada
Silver : Russia
Bronze : Sweden

oh, almost forgot :

I apoligize in advance that the 60-70% audience of Canada will likely cheer on the Swedish team, unless they traded or sold their tickets .

Last edited:

klein

And the puck has just dropped. Sweden vs USA

Will the US get their first back to back medals in Junior Hockey Worldcup ?
Will Sweden for the first time go home empty handed in over a decade ?
Will Sweden beat the US for the first time in over 10 years ?

Those are just some of the stats that will be answerd within the next 2 - 2.5 hrs.

And the puck has just dropped. Sweden vs USA

Will the US get their first back to back medals in Junior Hockey Worldcup ?
Will Sweden for the first time go home empty handed in over a decade ?
Will Sweden beat the US for the first time in over 10 years ?

Those are just some of the stats that will be answerd within the next 2 - 2.5 hrs.

Along with:
Will anyone south of the 49th parallel care?

DS

Fenderbender
Any predictions for tomorrow ?

Mine are :
Gold : Canada
Silver : Russia
Bronze : Sweden
Stick to Florida,Vegas would kill you.:happy2:
The Russians were older and more determined.
They were the better team.
Several thousand birds dropped from the sky in Canada today.
:dissapointed:

klein

I don't know about Russia being the better team. Canada dominated the first 2 periods, in which they could have scored more then just 3.
But, they totally didn't show up for the 3rd period. Fools !

Anyways, this made a headline today :

Russian juniors booted off plane

Russia's gold-medal celebration at the world junior hockey championship went into overtime, preventing the team from boarding its flight Thursday morning from Buffalo, N.Y.​

About 30 members of the Russian contingent were asked to get off a Delta Air Lines flight to Atlanta after boarding for takeoff early Thursday morning, an airport spokesman said.
"To ensure the safe operation of the flight, the crew of Flight 1266 denied boarding to 30 passengers who were travelling together and displaying unruly behaviour," Delta spokeswoman Susan Chana Elliott said. "The passengers are being rebooked on a future flight."​

klein

Well, so much for my plan to purchase the whole set of tickets, and re-sell them on e-bay for a small fortune.

Dear Klein,​

Thank you for your interest in the 2012 IIHF World Junior Championship in Alberta. Over 186,000 fans registered for the Priority Draw and the support for the 2012 World Juniors in Alberta was overwhelming.
Unfortunately, your name was not selected for the opportunity to purchase World Junior ticket packages. However, in the event any further ticket packages are released, you may be contacted.

P

pickup

DS, you need to watch this.
almost 25 years ago, in 1987 Russia vs Canada.

'Punch-up in Piestany'

Broadcast Date: Jan. 4, 1987
You know a hockey melee is serious when even the goalies are fighting. In the final game of the 1987 World Junior Hockey Championships, punches are thrown between a Canadian and a Soviet player. Suddenly it's a free-for-all as both teams bolt from the bench to enter the fray, launching a 20-minute tussle that continues even when desperate arena officials turn out the lights. "You just don't see this in international hockey," says an astonished CBC commentator.

The only time the Canadians ever confronted the Russians, in world history. About time!

P

pickup

I don't know about Russia being the better team. Canada dominated the first 2 periods, in which they could have scored more then just 3.
But, they totally didn't show up for the 3rd period. Fools !

]

yeah, it's kind of like working hard for 2/3 of one's working life then blowing off the remaining portion by not working.

Just an observation. Fools!

klein

I was in Edmonton Elementary School back then.
And they had TV's set up in every class-room, and the cinema room.

Whenever a game was on during school hrs, we watched it.