Hoffa and Hall will be in Atlanta Feb 24

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My BA told me today Hoffa and Hall will be at 728 local on Lakewood Ave Sunday Feb 24 at 830 am. He told me points of the contract would be discussed,as well as it serving as a Solidarity Rally. I'm looking forward to this!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just got our shirts in, you guys get your steward to order some?
983D6FB2-8747-458E-AA0F-2A12550A7963-6522-0000103DDDD71303_zps3ba6c5b0.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He's gonna be in Baltimore on the 23rd at the Westin Hotel at BWI. Trying to get as many folks as possible from 639 and 355 to be there.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Make sure you get your picture taken with them.

thats on my list. I have a son that works in a different building and i'm hoping to get a shot of both if us with them. My son was telling me he remembred walking the picket with us back in 1997,he was 9 then

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
thats on my list. I have a son that works in a different building and i'm hoping to get a shot of both if us with them. My son was telling me he remembred walking the picket with us back in 1997,he was 9 then

I will take that picture for you if I can make the meeting!

foundinload

hall & Co. addressed Surepost, 9.5 language, and harrassment.

The main points that were made, however, were about the insurance, "NOT $90, NOT $9, NOT 9¢!" (the company is trying to play just the tip with us) and the fact that public sentiment is not on our side this time around like in 1997.

TimeForChange

hall & Co. addressed.......
the fact that public sentiment is not on our side this time around like in 1997.

Hall is lowering expectations already. His statement is a subliminal message: "prepare to lose".

Um, it was General President Ron Carey who orchestrated the "public sentiment" being on our side in 1997. That took planning and work, not to mention the strike itself, and everything that led up to it, taking planning and work. Hoffa is not planning for any strike. I would bet the lives of every family member of mine and my life, too, on that. Not only is he not creating detailed, well thought plans for a strike, he isn't even going to use the threat of a possible strike. He has never even considered a strike, ever, in his whole life, and he ain't about to start now.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hall is lowering expectations already. His statement is a subliminal message: "prepare to lose".

Um, it was General President Ron Carey who orchestrated the "public sentiment" being on our side in 1997. That took planning and work, not to mention the strike itself, and everything that led up to it, taking planning and work. Hoffa is not planning for any strike. I would bet the lives of every family member of mine and my life, too, on that. Not only is he not creating detailed, well thought plans for a strike, he isn't even going to use the threat of a possible strike. He has never even considered a strike, ever, in his whole life, and he ain't about to start now.
Both sides are laughing all the way to the bank. All of the rah-rah propaganda is equally as shameful as UPS's proposal.

Asskicker

I don't understand the whole public sentiment issue. The public isn't working at UPS...the public isn't voting on our contract...and even if the public disagrees with the workers they still have packages to ship, and will ship them UPS if they feel sssoooooo sorry for the company that we walked out on them RIGHT??????? Sounds like a Hoffa/Hall cop out just as I would expect. Remember....WE vote. WE have the power. Don't vote yes unless you agree with this contract. WE should come out ahead on this one. Don't support the Union if the Union doesn't come through for us on this one. Let your BA have it if they come back with some sort of Bull**** give back.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm "the public". As the public, I can't feel sorry for someone making $30 an hour when there are others with no job !! BooHoo!!

wilberforce15

I'm "the public". As the public, I can't feel sorry for someone making $30 an hour when there are others with no job !! BooHoo!!

If the union wants the public to care at all, they're going to need to shout about part-time issues from the rooftops! Nobody outside of UPS is going to sympathize with a strike based on full-timer issues for any reason at all.

Every full-timer at UPS earns more than the median household income in the United States, or will when they reach top pay. Throw in pension, benefits, and vacation, and the public simply will not care about whatever complaining is done.

People don't know that it took them5-15 years at poverty wages to get those spots.

Asskicker

And I'll say it again...........WHo the hell cares what the public thinks. This isn't American Idol. The public doesn't vote on the contract. WE DO. WE are the ones who know how hard we work at this company and how hard it is to even make it to retirement before out bodies break down and we just can't go on there. friend the public and their oppinion because UPS will lie about what's truely going on anyway just like during the 97 strike. It's about us, us, us, us, us, us, us.

wilberforce15

And I'll say it again...........WHo the hell cares what the public thinks. This isn't American Idol. The public doesn't vote on the contract. WE DO. WE are the ones who know how hard we work at this company and how hard it is to even make it to retirement before out bodies break down and we just can't go on there. friend the public and their oppinion because UPS will lie about what's truely going on anyway just like during the 97 strike. It's about us, us, us, us, us, us, us.

The public matters in both the long and short run.

If UPS is the bad guy in the public's mind, they will be more willing to deal to save their image.

If UPS is generally seen as the good guy by the public, they can retain brand image and loyalty without making a good deal with us.

If you can't see why that matters, then I can't help you. UPS got slaughtered by public opinion in 1997, and that mattered. We need to make this time the same.

http://www.saylor.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/COMM411-1.1-Ch01.pdf

http://www.labornotes.org/2011/12/winning-pr-war-contract-campaign

stink219

Guys, why don't you leave the big boy stuff to the labor lawyers. It's like listening to people who played football in high school sitting on there ass complaining about NFL coaches doing a piss poor job. Moreluck, it's 32 bucks an hour. And I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that you would rescind that comment if you worked here. We had athletes in their 20's quite within 5 days on the job.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Guys, why don't you leave the big boy stuff to the labor lawyers. It's like listening to people who played football in high school sitting on there ass complaining about NFL coaches doing a piss poor job. Moreluck, it's 32 bucks an hour. And I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that you would rescind that comment if you worked here. We had athletes in their 20's quite within 5 days on the job.
Sadly, our building had a young local star athlete get his leg caught in the Boxline and...you know where that went..:( The worst part was there was no shut-off where there should have been one. Of course, there was one installed afterwards.

All for $8.50/hr.