Hoffa campaign in local 177

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I know what you are saying... My point is no one had any idea they were changing ranks. If you are an elected official and wanted your members to get to know the new elected officials, you have them meet the members. Shaking hands and kissing babys.. Unless you want to sweep it under the rug.. That's what they did. They swept it under the rug. Which makes it not a true white ballot vote because the members knew nothing.

And to you brown... Even know I agreed with the 30 cent deal and voted yes to and also like and vote for the old and new guard of local 177. But the 30 cents for your pension raise is a give back.. No matter how you cut it.. It's a give back. Now, let me tell you about members with the local officials and this is told to me by alot of members, some that will run against them.. If they negotiate another contract with give backs, I promise you someone will run them out.. I don't like it but that's how it works in politics. Once again you are not in my local so you can only know so much..

I'll fill you in with the low down in local 177.. Just come to me.
You don't seem to know what's going on in local 177.....they didn't sweep anything under the rug......it's posted in every center that there was nominations and an election for eboard......when you say meet and greet do you mean like a BBQ after the meeting.....which they had......,local 177 gave an option on the 30 cent diversion the membership could have rejected it...... how is it a give back if the members specifically voted to do it

You don't seem to know what's going on in local 177.....they didn't sweep anything under the rug......it's posted in every center that there was nominations and an election for eboard......when you say meet and greet do you mean like a BBQ after the meeting.....which they had......,local 177 gave an option on the 30 cent diversion the membership could have rejected it...... how is it a give back if the members specifically voted to do it

It was posted because they thought CCSC members was going to run against them because they have a big following and CCSC is organized. Didn't seem that CCSC members don't want there jobs which is good.

If you want a new guard you campaign before a hamburger party. That's way it's in the by-laws that a member is aloud to campaign six weeks with a leave of absence.

I agree with you on the 30 cents but the locker room lawyers don't. Now the company thinks we should put money in to a pension every time. That's what the members are talking about. It gets old telling them it was a good idea.

And by the way if you are not lying about not being in local 177. Then have your boy come on here and debate me. It's getting annoying to talk to someone that only knows half the facts because he is hearing it from a third person and is not at our meetings. It's like you are talking to a member that said "this is what happened" but was not at a meeting and he heard it from some one that wasn't at that meeting either.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

4) A lot of members don't like that a shop stew of 2 years made trustee.. Not business agent... TRUSTEE!
This is something that just made me laugh.......didn't you say in another thread that you voted for the Teamsters United guys.......they have and pt steward from local 804 running for not his local executive board but for international trustee......which is funny because TS didn't think he was good enough to be on his executive board at local 804 but now an international trustee

This is something that just made me laugh.......didn't you say in another thread that you voted for the Teamsters United guys.......they have and pt steward from local 804 running for not his local executive board but for international trustee......which is funny because TS didn't think he was good enough to be on his executive board at local 804 but now an international trustee

You think I don't like my elected officers... You think I didn't and wouldn't vote for them again. If you are going to dig on my threads you should dig deeper... Just stop now... You are getting no where with this argument.

Also maybe the pt sup truned the local position down but then decided to take the IBT candidacy position. It happens alot... It's called politics and do you have a problem with a part-timer running? Do you think he isn't good enough? What he should go full-time and then run?

Last edited:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

You think I don't like my elected officers... You think I didn't and wouldn't vote for them again. If you are going to dig on my threads you should dig deeper... Just stop now... You are getting no where with this argument.

Also maybe the pt sup truned the local position down but then decided to take the IBT candidacy position. It happens alot... It's called politics and do you have a problem with a part-timer running? Do you think he isn't good enough? What he should go full-time and then run?
I have no problem with anyone running as long as you prove yourself through the ranks......for example someone should prove they could do the job of shop steward before running for local official........someone should be local official before they run for national official.......but that's just my opinion

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

It was posted because they thought CCSC members was going to run against them because they have a big following and CCSC is organized. Didn't seem that CCSC members don't want there jobs which is good.

If you want a new guard you campaign before a hamburger party. That's way it's in the by-laws that a member is aloud to campaign six weeks with a leave of absence.

I agree with you on the 30 cents but the locker room lawyers don't. Now the company thinks we should put money in to a pension every time. That's what the members are talking about. It gets old telling them it was a good idea.

And by the way if you are not lying about not being in local 177. Then have your boy come on here and debate me. It's getting annoying to talk to someone that only knows half the facts because he is hearing it from a third person and is not at our meetings. It's like you are talking to a member that said "this is what happened" but was not at a meeting and he heard it from some one that wasn't at that meeting either.
What half the facts.......I am giving you all facts and you know it.....man in brown even said I was spot on

What half the facts.......I am giving you all facts and you know it.....man in brown even said I was spot on
I don't care if the dalai lama told you the facts.. The best facts are the ones if you were there in person and can understand them and you don't have either... To me it sounds like you are sticking up for a friend which is ok I would do the same but if I was in your position in the back of my mind I would think I'm behind on these situations.... So if you are not in this local, he or she should probably be in your place on these matters.

Last edited: