Hoffa changes rules in middle of the game

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Will you vote for Hoffa or Hall in the next election?
I only use this name. Don't need to post under different ones like you. It's your story tough guy.
The Old Guard blew it for me when they raised our union dues with out letting us vote on it.

So I will be voting for some one else.

Brown Spider

The 3 I mentioned have one thing in common besides TDU. Let's see who can guess?

Where are you pigs now?

Okay. Why not? I'll take a stab at it.

1) All 3 were a helluva' lot smarter than you.
2) All 3 had a deep commitment to the labor movement and dedicated their lives to that commitment.
3) None of the 3 assumed the persona of a fictional Disney character.

Big Bad Wolf

1) All 3 were a helluva' lot smarter than you.
I never hired crooks and thieves to run my campaign. WRONG ANSWER

2) All 3 had a deep commitment to the labor movement and dedicated their lives to that commitment.
Dedicated their lives? Hmmmm, Carey was awfully quite after his court dates. WRONG AGAIN!

3) None of the 3 assumed the persona of a fictional Disney character.
Huey, Dewy and Louie were Disney characters. STRIKE 3!!

Where are you pigs now?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The Old Guard blew it for me when they raised our union dues with out letting us vote on it.

It was voted on.

"The commission report calls for reform of the Teamsters dues and per capita structures to generate needed income to solve the financial challenges of the International Union and Local Unions across the country.

The commission, which was appointed by the General Executive Board, includes 90 international, joint council and local officers and rank-and-file members from every region. All were elected delegates to the 26 International Convention and will again represent Teamsters at an April 30 Special Conventioncalled to address the union’s financial situation."

http://teamster.org/content/blue-ribbon-commission-recommends-reforms

Where have you been ??

-Bug-

Brown Spider

Carey never hired crooks and thieves to run his campaign. He hire Jere Nash, a well known campaign strategist, who made decisions that crossed the line in the Carey campaign. He also brought in outside consultants, Ansara and Martin, who, as Nash testified, adopted an "ends justifies the means approach to that campaign. Nash served time for that transgression, and rightfully so! The victim of the Nash transgression was Ron Carey and the tears of Nash at the Carey trial were of little consequence in comparison to the damage that he had done.

Dedicated their lives? Hmmmm, Carey was awfully quite after his court dates. WRONG AGAIN!

I assume you mean "quiet" rather than "quite". I don't remember Ron being quiet at that time. (I don't remember him being "quite" either"). Carey was found not guilty! Cleared by a jury of his peers! What is it about that verdict that you don't understand?

Huey, Dewey and Louie were, in fact Disney characters, first appearing in the 1930's. And...umm...I think you should know this BBW...they were ducks, not the pigs that you were chasing. And...oh yes...those pigs were also Disney characters, based on an original Grimm Fairy Tale.

Where are you pigs now?

Last edited:

10 point

Where are you pigs now?
The report I read said Carey was cleared of the charges.
Do you have proof or can you show me legal closure that he wasn't?
Just asking.
FYI: Several posters on here voted for Carey but will be hard pressed to admit it.

All this posting of the same gripes isn't getting us anywhere.
The next step is to enforce what little gains we got in the new language and encourage everyone to get out and vote in the elections coming up. If we don't, we're doomed to be frustrated for a long time to come.
Even pressure on BAs that we don't like will have a greater result than just negative posting without action on the local level IMO.

realbrown1

It was voted on.

"The commission report calls for reform of the Teamsters dues and per capita structures to generate needed income to solve the financial challenges of the International Union and Local Unions across the country.

The commission, which was appointed by the General Executive Board, includes 90 international, joint council and local officers and rank-and-file members from every region. All were elected delegates to the 26 International Convention and will again represent Teamsters at an April 30 Special Conventioncalled to address the union’s financial situation."

Where have you been ??

-Bug-

If a dues increase for the entire membership is not voted on by the entire membership, it is wrong.

The delegates were mostly Old Guard cheerleaders who would do what ever Hoffa asked of them.

The membership would never have voted for this dues increase and Hoffa knew it.

Big Bad Wolf

If a dues increase for the entire membership is not voted on by the entire membership, it is wrong.

The delegates were mostly Old Guard cheerleaders who would do what ever Hoffa asked of them.

The membership would never have voted for this dues increase and Hoffa knew it.
Did you not vote for your local leaders and delegates? Case closed!

Where are you pigs now?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It was voted on.

Where have you been ??

-Bug-

Some people will never let the facts get in the way.

realbrown1

Did you not vote for your local leaders and delegates? Case closed!

Where are you pigs now?
No. That year our local only had 1 slate running for election and the were all the local's agents and hand picked stewards. Nobody knew they were even talking about raising our union dues until it was too late.

At that moment, I knew that it was best to rid our union of these types of people.

Like I said before, it should have been put out for a general membership vote.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

"He ran for re-election in 1996 and won, but in 1997 federal investigators discovered that the Carey campaign had engaged in an illegal donation kickback scheme to raise more than $700,000 for the 1996 re-election effort.[3] His re-election was overturned, Carey was disqualified from running for Teamsters president again, and he was subsequently expelled from the union for life.[4][5] Although a federal jury ultimately cleared him of all wrongdoing in the scandal, the lifetime ban remained in place until his death.[6][7]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Carey_(labor_leader)

Criminally guilty ?

The Federal jury said No.

Incompetent ?

Well....

-Bug-

Brown Spider

My mind has been made up since Hoffa and the Old Guard raised out union dues.

It's been time for a change in leadership for a long time.

Many nay have forgotten, but I find it interesting that when Hoffa first ran, he ran on THE NO DUES INCREASE SLATE! Sadly, that was not the only promise he has broken, nor was it the only lie that he has told!

"He ran for re-election in 1996 and won, but in 1997 federal investigators discovered that the Carey campaign had engaged in an illegal donation kickback scheme to raise more than $700,000 for the 1996 re-election effort.[3] His re-election was overturned, Carey was disqualified from running for Teamsters president again, and he was subsequently expelled from the union for life.[4][5] Although a federal jury ultimately cleared him of all wrongdoing in the scandal, the lifetime ban remained in place until his death.[6][7]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Carey_(labor_leader)

Criminally guilty ?

The Federal jury said No.

Incompetent ?

Well....

-Bug-
Kick ass old guard union guy who also screwed up. We all screw up. Some bigger than others.

Just asking.
FYI: Several posters on here voted for Carey but will be hard pressed to admit it.

The next step is to enforce what little gains we got in the new language and encourage everyone to get out and vote in the elections coming up. If we don't, we're doomed to be frustrated for a long time to come.
Even pressure on BAs that we don't like will have a greater result than just negative posting without action on the local level IMO.
The next step is to enforce what little gains we got in the new language
How can we do this if you are asking us to but still taking little pot shots while you ask. Isn't it hypocritical?