Hoffa does not speak for me.

ups1990

There's no doubt the Teamsters have made great strides for us UPS employees but I also feel that my union dues should not be going to Politicians whom I disagree with on many issues. Mr Hoffa, was out of line in making this comment, when he speaks of Tea Party members, he could be talking of the very members of the union themselves, who are Tea Party folks themselves.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just to remind......Obama wants to pay $2billion (we don't have) to Brazil to make new jobs for them (new jobs we don't have) for them to drill oil (which we have) and we will buy their oil (with what $$$$)..........Jobs outside the U.S.......doesn't sound like a union supporter president to me.

You said "obama wants to PAY 2 billion to brazil to make new jobs for them"

Well, youre sorta right, but mostly wrong ( your common theme) What Obama is doing is "LOANING" Petrobras (brazils largest oil company) 2 billion in LOAN GUARANTEES at a high rate of interest for their projects. This money to be PAID BACK with interest.

This "INTEREST" will help pay off our national debt.

There is no cash out of pocket and only loan guarantees. There is a Brazillian bank (Ex-Im Bank) involved who will front the money to Petrobras and the US Goverment will back the LOAN.

Its a LOAN moreluck, not a cash giveaway as you purport it to be. Its a business deal that will earn the USA MONEY, revenue to pay down our debts. You act like this is the first time in history a president gives a loan to a foriegn country.

How about the tens of billions of dollars BUSH loaned Saudi Arabia for drilling oil? Then they charged us 150 dollars a barrel right afterwards? Oh yeah, just like in MEN IN BLACK, the republicans came with the dark glasses and wiped out your memory so you cant recall that one.

A business investment to make money. Pretty cut and dried moreluck.

Under Obama and Bush, tons of leases off shore have been granted but the oil companies havent put a drill into the ground as of today. You seem to be of the opinion that "our" oil companies want to drill for more oil and reduce the price per barrel and reduce their profits?

Im not sure where you got your business degree, but that aint in the cards. They want the price of oil high, they have no intention on driving the price per barrel down to 30 bucks, morons like Michele Bachman want to guarantee us 200 dollar a gallon gas and look whats happened to her afterwards, shes losing ground. Down to 4% right after winning the IOWA straw poll. She opens her mouth, makes a ridiculous promise about oil and the forces behind the republican party ( the oil industry) make sure she sinks to 4%.

President Obama supports all Union members. The infrastrucure jobs he speaks of across the country are all union construction jobs and all private industry jobs. Many people will be employed if the republicans just jump on board or get out of the way.

If the private industry does not want to get our economy going because they are (according to foxed spews) afraid of the future, then whos left to jump start it? Obama came in with high hopes of cooperation and rebound.

Instead, all he got was opposition from the republicans and layoffs from the private sector as they hold "record" profits during his administration.

If anyone is screwing america, its the republican party and corporate america, but wait, its always been that way.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Didn't you hear? The gov't is pretty broke. We need the jobs!! Drill here and we get the jobs, we get the oil, we save sending $$$ to another country, leave the gun take the cannoli !
(The above is a combo of my words mixed with some of Mario Puzo's words) Dave apparently needs to know these things

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There's no doubt the Teamsters have made great strides for us UPS employees but I also feel that my union dues should not be going to Politicians whom I disagree with on many issues. Mr Hoffa, was out of line in making this comment, when he speaks of Tea Party members, he could be talking of the very members of the union themselves, who are Tea Party folks themselves.

Unfortunately, there are probably a handfull of people who "think" they are tea pary members, and thats unfortunate for the teamsters, but Brother Hoffas words were right on the money. We are at political war with a political party that would love to end all unions in every state. Something those "select" tea party people dont understand.

Why do you think FOXED SPEWS spends so much airtime devoted to trashing unions everyday? On both their cable news channel and their new business channel, its a union bash everyday.

The theme is identical. Trash big labor. You think they like the high wages union jobs provide? You think they like the benefits that are negotiated? You think they like the vacation time negotiated?

The answer is NO. The reason is simple. Corporate America pays them to trash us. If "WE" get these benefits then other people are going to want the same, and that isnt in the cards for corporate america.

At UPS we set the standard for wages and benefits, but others, like FEDEX and smaller carriers lag behind in wages and benefits. At UPS we have 20, 30 & 40 year employees, the other carriers do not and turnover their employees at an alarming rate.

There is a big difference between Union jobs and private sector non union jobs and its called JOB SECURITY. This is our fight. For every person who believes that we could do away with Teamster representation and still have job security, then I say you are out of your mind.

I dont really believe that tea party people know why they think they are tea party people. I believe they believe its fun to be part of a group that has some popularity. Its a good scam, has nothing to do with the constitution or the founding fathers, as the founding fathers would have nothing to do with tea party people.

Its all in how its sold to those people who want to believe they are standing up for something, even though its against themselves.

I dont get it, but whatever.

Peace.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Didn't you hear? The gov't is pretty broke. We need the jobs!! Drill here and we get the jobs, we get the oil, we save sending $$$ to another country, leave the gun take the cannoli !
(The above is a combo of my words mixed with some of Mario Puzo's words) Dave apparently needs to know these things

The treehuggers don't want us to drill here. The treehuggers don't want a pipeline from Canada. The treehuggers don't want us to frack natural gas from the Marcellus Shale. The treehuggers are putting us at a competitive disadvantage.

I'm proud of you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Am I to understand you still dont understand?

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The treehuggers don't want us to drill here. The treehuggers don't want a pipeline from Canada. The treehuggers don't want us to frack natural gas from the Marcellus Shale. The treehuggers are putting us at a competitive disadvantage.

I'm proud of you.

Umm,

upstate, are there trees in the ocean that im not aware of? Under Bush, leases were given out in the pacific, atlantic and gulf of mexico for oil drilling, and yet, not a single drill has been placed in those leases. Why is that?

If drill here drill now is your claim to fame, why no driling on leases where its already approved for driling?

Im sure you have a good explanation for it, just like moreluck.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I'm proud of you.

YOU say the treehuggers dont want to extract natural gas from the shale? Not true, STATES are regulating the drilling because of environmental impacts the fracking causes to the water wells. The water used to help extract the natural gas becomes polluted and it has to be removed by professionals and cannot mix with well water (that means underground *moreluck*) It is not a safe practice yet, and all options are being considered before its approved.

Thats called Protecting the public interests.

Peace.

UPS Lifer

Dont let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy your minimum wage job that awaits you after rick perry creates it for you. You sir, dont have the juevos to back up your words. If you did, you would turn in your union card today and walk out on principle.

Unfortunately, principle is meaningless to people who parade around calling themselves patriots.

peace.

Brother is the terminology we use in the union world. We are all brothers. You wouldnt know that, your bridgeclub isnt unionized.

peace.

Hypocrisy is one of those words that always comes to mind when I listen or read the ubers rants. You hold a special place on my hypocrisy list. Your posts are always filled with anger yet you sign every post with "peace".

Oh! BTW, I am not going to hijack this thread like you are trying to do. So you have a free pass to spew more anger and hatred at me because there will be no comeback. I am not going to waste my time!

I also find it interesting that you try to compare Romney to Obama to ruin his credibility. Sometimes there is so much anger that the mind can lose track of the rational thought process when it comes to logic; or it could be that you just like Cherry Kool-aid more than Grape Kool-aid. ??

"peace" !!!:peaceful:

steward71

The tea party's propaganda is much worse. He was at a rally. Rallying support is something union members need right now. There are those who would love to destroy the unions in America. If you work at a company that has a union workforce, think about why the union is there. Southwest Airlines has never had a union presence. Why? The employees don't NEED it.

You are wrong about this. South West Air Lines deal with 3 unions SWPA Southwest Airlines Pilots Ass. Flight Attedants have one called TWA 556 the Union of Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants and The Teamsters for the Material Specialits of Southwest Airlines. Now they may have another because Southwest Air Lines is now in the process of taking over AirTran who is Rep by the Air line Pilots Ass.

preload1

Re: Hoffa makes a A*S out of Himself for Obama

Wow how sad was it to see Hoffa today saying he was going to "take them sons of bitches out" refering to the tea party.
I do not consider myself a tea party person....but man doing and saying crap like this makes hoffa, the teamsters, and all orginized labor look like total thugs, and say anything for Obama losers.
you would think before hoffa made the remarks he may want to get a feel of how many of his "members" may be tea party members before he plans on taking them out?

One last thing..when is Hoffa going to figure out that Obama could give a rats ass about "working people"..he just wants your union dues for his billion dollar re-election bid...and as soon as he is re-elected he will do for us the same as he has done in his first term...NOTHING..but take your money.

preload1

I agree with not IN trace. Quotes like these make all unions look seedy. How much money does Hoffa make from union dues? Without union dues he is still getting paid but are you getting paid if the company you work for goes under? And as far as Obama goes, he doesn't care about "the people" unless those people agree with him. One of the last groups Obama will come after will be the unions. That is how a Marxist works.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hypocrisy is one of those words that always comes to mind when I listen or read the ubers rants. You hold a special place on my hypocrisy list. Your posts are always filled with anger yet you sign every post with "peace".

Oh! BTW, I am not going to hijack this thread like you are trying to do. So you have a free pass to spew more anger and hatred at me because there will be no comeback. I am not going to waste my time!

I also find it interesting that you try to compare Romney to Obama to ruin his credibility. Sometimes there is so much anger that the mind can lose track of the rational thought process when it comes to logic; or it could be that you just like Cherry Kool-aid more than Grape Kool-aid. ??

"peace" !!!:peaceful:
Both are empty souls, ghouls in suits, not unlike quite a bit of UPS management, now that you mention it. ;) I disagree.

Romney is the ultimate say one thing, do another...so he is comparable to Obama.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Both are empty souls, ghouls in suits, not unlike quite a bit of UPS management, now that you mention it. ;) I disagree.

Romney is the ultimate say one thing, do another...so he is comparable to Obama.

At least hes done something productive in his life. I would choose him over Obama any day of the week.

preload1

Brownsfan,

What part of hypocrite escapes your thoughts? How can you call yourself a "proud union man" and then dislike the message brother Hoffa is making?

"We" as Union brothers are under "attack" by the Tea Party and its members in congress and senate. As you have seen in many states, Tea Party republicans are trying to take away union workers rights, benefits and reducing wages.

The methodology is simple. Undo the hard work of ALL working union members in the country. They use terms like "right to work states" as if that means something good, when in fact, used in a complete sentence, it means "the right to work for less money".

I am sure you agree that right to work states are better for americans, then states where bargaining unit members earn a good living wage.

Brother Hoffas message was simple, learn our lessons from what the republicans are trying to sell and vote for a democrat next time around. People like Michele Bachman are calling for ending the minimum wage, and other republicans like Darryl Issa would like to see the work week extended to a 50 hour straight time week in california and overtime begining at 60 hours.

I am sure you believe these kinds of changes in wages and benefits is in the middle class americans best interests, right?

There has been a movement in the right wing, and now even more so by the republicans to repeal the "fair labor standards act" and go back to low wages and ZERO benefits. They somehow use the words "personal responsibility" as if that means something good.

What is it about brother Hoffas words that offended you? Going to war? Thats exactly what the republicans have declared on the working man, war.

The working americans need to stand together and march together in this "political war" against the attack on the middle class. If you dont believe or understand that YOUR wages and benefits are under attack, then you dont understand what political ideology means.

The right wing uses the same talking points about taking the country back as Hoffa did, its old, its tired and its harmless.

Americans spoke in Nov. 08 when it elected Barack Obama and it wanted change, and we have changed. There are many good things accomplished by Obama like them or not.

We have it good under Obama, our wages are stable and our company profitable. In fact, profits are up and the company growing. GM, Ford and Chrysler are profitable and back on the rise hiring and building quality products.

I applaud Obama for having the courage to stand behind the american worker and seeing that the automotive industry stays alive in the USA.

If you are telling us you buy the B.S. that the Tea Party is selling, then I would be glad to take your union card and tear it in half.

Peace.
Very sad post. The TEA Party stands for Taxed Enough Already. If you, your kids and your grandkids would like to pay more taxes then go ahead and pay more taxes. You can pay some of mine too if you think the government even has a remote clue what is going on in America. They don't have a clue about what is happening to the people who pay their salaries. You obviously have never read the U.S. Constitution but I bet you know your contract language by heart. You have it backwards there Brownsfan. Oh by the way. You, your kids and your grandkids owe Obama $47,000 EACH because of his and the democrats regulations and policies. Please include my portion also when you send your check. Thank you and I hope you recover quickly from your lobatomy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Very sad post. The TEA Party stands for Taxed Enough Already. If you, your kids and your grandkids would like to pay more taxes then go ahead and pay more taxes. You can pay some of mine too if you think the government even has a remote clue what is going on in America. They don't have a clue about what is happening to the people who pay their salaries. You obviously have never read the U.S. Constitution but I bet you know your contract language by heart. You have it backwards there Brownsfan. Oh by the way. You, your kids and your grandkids owe Obama $47,000 EACH because of his and the democrats regulations and policies. Please include my portion also when you send your check. Thank you and I hope you recover quickly from your lobatomy.
The post you were responding to was from TOS...........

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

This is the problem with people who call themselves Tea party patriots. The term Tea Party "did" originally stand for TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY, this is true, but the membership isnt over taxed under OBAMA. We all recieved the largest tax cut for workers under OBAMA and in the last 20 years. Thats right, under OBAMA and you earned less than 250K a year, you had your taxes CUT twice. In addition, the payroll tax was cut twice under obama and its the REPUBLICANS who are asking to let this tax cut expire in a couple of months.

The 700 billion dollar stimulus program was busted up into thirds. One third of that money was in TAX CUTS for everyone in america earning less than 250K. So, unless you made more than 250K, your taxes went DOWN and not UP.

The second third went into small business credits so employers would hire, and they did in 09 and 10, but not in 11. The last third is still in the bank and unspent. Thats right, UNSPENT.

Obama is closer to your opinion on taxation than the republicans are. The current payroll tax cut that you have is about to expire, and your TEA PARTY and REPUBLICANS are fighting for an end to this tax cut which will end up TAXING you higher.

Hopefully you understand this. Your Tea Party and republicans would rather protect the top 1% wage earners and not raise their taxes, but when it comes to YOU, they are all for raising your taxes. Just like Reagan, he cut the tax rate for the top 1% wage earners 25%, and then RAISED taxes on the middle class 7 times in 8 years.

YOU and the other middle class paid for the tax cuts for the rich and you are selling your soul to a political party who wants to do the same again.

Indeed, this country is in deep debt, and there are many reasons for it, but I will bet a dollar, you dont have the first clue how we got to 15 trillion in debt without saying OBAMA spent the 15 trillion. Thats another problem with TP patriots, they are mis-informed.

If you believe you are taxed enough already? Then you would support President Obama. If you believe the TP brainwashers are correct, then vote for Sarah Palin.

Peace.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is the kind of unappreciative statement that irks all other union members. Someone who claims he came to work for the company and not the union. Lets see, if there was no union, and the pay for its full timers was around 15 bucks an hour for almost a 60 hour work week with no benefits, would you still come to UPS?

UPS "invited" the union into the company over 100 years ago. UPS looked for a relationshp with its workers where it rewarded them for their dedication, their service and their integrity.

Throughout the years, UPS and its employees worked hand in hand to build the largest delivery carrier in the world. For that effort UPS paid the highest wages in the industry. People knowing what the wages were/are/going to is what attracts them to the company.

It is dishonest to say you wanted to work for UPS and did not want to have anything to do with the teamsters when "everyone" knows UPS is a union company and pays the highest wages in the industry.

I would like you to name another company that pays equal to UPS for full time union workers along with the benefit packages in our industry or any other industry. You say you dont need union backing to earn a big check to feed your family, well, I'll call you on that one.

Name a non union company that you think you could get hired at where you would make the identical money and benefits that you earn in your union job.

Ill wait, I just wont hold my breath.

The last part of your post is just plain silly. Not all welfare cases are lazy unemployed people. This kind of statement demonstrates your lack of emphathy for the poor in this country. As a UPSer, I make a good living, and if some of my tax money goes to feed a poor child, i could care less what catagory his parents are in. As long as the child eats.

You preach about personal responsiblility, but take free benefits and scheduled raises negotiated for you. I wish the Teamsters and UPS could create a two tier pay system for its employees.

The first tier for the UNION members who want their UNION to negotiate on their behalf collectively because they believe in the concept of Unionizism and the second tier, where those "patriots" and "personal responsibllity" people to sit down and negotiate on their own with UPS as individuals.

The second tier would be clear of dues and union protections. The second tier employee would be responsible for negotiating wages, benefits, schedule, hours, work weeks, guarantees, pensions, raises, and discipline.

Believe me, once you would have to do this on your own, You would be at the union hall the next week begging to be sworn in.

I have no respect for people who bite the hand that either feeds them or protects them. The bible says to help your fellow man, but you claim your teaching your children to do the complete opposite. The bible has no clarifications for help.

You are doing your children an injustice with this practice.

Peace.

Does "everyone" include me? When I applied for UPS it was part time for some extra cash, NOT because I "KNEW" it was a union job. I did not know, nor did I care.

Before I worked here I was an Auto painter, had I decided to stay there I would have been making 6 figures, depending on the shop. I just prefer not to breathe in chemicals that will have a negative effect on my health. Here, you called....I answered.

You see it as "silly" that I don't believe in giving money to the poor? A.) That's NOT what I said. I will give to the poor through organizations that I feel will give nearly the entire amount (90% and higher) to. The United Way can piss off, since I don't want my money going to those idiots.

You decide to donate your money to the welfare cases in this country...GREAT for you. I prefer to donate to ACTUAL poor people who can't afford to eat, not those who prefer to spend their money on Land Rovers/ BMW's or Mercedes'.

To Be Honest I don't care about the union. I don't NEED them to protect my job, since I do a good job. Also, they are NOT the hand that feeds me. UPS feeds me, the union negotiates my pay and to thank them I pay union dues, they aren't negotiating for me out of the goodness of their heart.

I'm done explaining it to you. You won't ever see my viewpoint, and in the absence of me having a lobotomy, I will never see the point of liberal "people?"

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Does "everyone" include me? When I applied for UPS it was part time for some extra cash, NOT because I "KNEW" it was a union job. I did not know, nor did I care.

Before I worked here I was an Auto painter, had I decided to stay there I would have been making 6 figures, depending on the shop. I just prefer not to breathe in chemicals that will have a negative effect on my health. Here, you called....I answered.

You see it as "silly" that I don't believe in giving money to the poor? A.) That's NOT what I said. I will give to the poor through organizations that I feel will give nearly the entire amount (90% and higher) to. The United Way can piss off, since I don't want my money going to those idiots.

You decide to donate your money to the welfare cases in this country...GREAT for you. I prefer to donate to ACTUAL poor people who can't afford to eat, not those who prefer to spend their money on Land Rovers/ BMW's or Mercedes'.

To Be Honest I don't care about the union. I don't NEED them to protect my job, since I do a good job. Also, they are NOT the hand that feeds me. UPS feeds me, the union negotiates my pay and to thank them I pay union dues, they aren't negotiating for me out of the goodness of their heart.

I'm done explaining it to you. You won't ever see my viewpoint, and in the absence of me having a lobotomy, I will never see the point of liberal "people?"

Thats funny,you thank them? Then badmouth them? If you dont like the union , but wish to excersize the benefits of the wages and benefits they provide for you every contract, you should say thank you, and then keep your thoughts to yourself. There is no room in the brotherhood for a judas. Theres a great lesson for your kids.

The best part of your post is the 6 figure auto painter! LOL... Auto painters are a dime a dozen and mostly illegals nowAdays. You are correct, the painting industry has produced cancer after cancer victim over the last 50 years, but I bet as part of your alliegance to the Tea Party and the Republicans, you are supporting the elimination of the EPA, the agency that probably saved your life before you left the industry.

Chemical based paints have caused more cancers in people than any other industry other than nuclear power plants or Military jet aircraft. Todays paints are air based and the chemicals have been removed here in california. Its illegal to use these cancer causers, but I am sure you and moreluck would call that a "Regulation" that is hurting business.

You have a distorted understanding of what the "poor" class is. To you , its the exagerated version you hear at tea party rallies where all poor people are driving top dollar cars and going to vegas every week, but thats less than 3% of the total poor. Being poor is alot more desperate than that.

If the tea party had its way, and they could win the white house, the senate, the house, and take a majority of states governorships, they would move to end collective bargaining in all states and reduce your top dollar job and benefits and you would be responsible for your own demise. But I know, your response is going to be about personal responsiblility and how you will just find another 33 dollar an hour job with full benefits.

Even though its not possible, you would say it anyways because it fits your "dialog", and that "dialog" has been provided to you and you accept it. If you left UPS today, you wouldnt come close to making what you earn today if you are a package driver. Maybe half at best with no benefits or pension, but I bet you think your still backing the right horse.

You better believe Brother Hoffas words, that we are in a war for survival. "WE" employeess today have to fight for tomorrows employees. If The right wing TP Brainwashers are able to succeed, YOU and I will never see our pensions as the contributions to those funds would dry up.

Look at the Postal service.. They keep reducing employees and losing revenue, now the service cant contribute to the pension program anymore. Eventually, the USPS pension will end up at the PBGC and pay 25 cents on the dollar to every postal worker no matter how many years of service they had.

By supporting a political party that does not have your best interest at heart as a union member is contributing to your own demise. I just wished you could get it.

Peace.