Hoffa / Hall are sellouts

Instigator

The message below comes from the IBT. Hoffa and Hall should have stood with UPS members instead of selling them out. The IBT states workers "deserve the dignity and respect that earning $15 an hour would bring" but negotiate a contract for $10 an hour for our brothers and sisters at UPS. And they attack our members health care. Not only did they negotiate health care concessions , they took away a newly employed members benefits where they once qualified after 30 days now have to wait 12 months. How is it that you have "dignity and respect" when your own leadership sells you out? It aggravates me to see messages like the one below when the administration is so quick to sellout its own membership.

(WASHINGTON) – The Teamsters stand with thousands of workers who rallied on Capitol Hill today and millions of hardworking Americans around the country who deserve the dignity and respect that earning $15 an hour would bring. These same workers should also have the ability to unionize so they can advocate for themselves going forward.

Instigator

The message below comes from the IBT. Hoffa and Hall should have stood with UPS members instead of selling them out. The IBT states workers "deserve the dignity and respect that earning $15 an hour would bring" but negotiate a contract for $10 an hour for our brothers and sisters at UPS. And they attack our members health care. Not only did they negotiate health care concessions , they took away a newly employed members benefits where they once qualified after 30 days now have to wait 12 months. How is it that you have "dignity and respect" when your own leadership sells you out? It aggravates me to see messages like the one below when the administration is so quick to sellout its own membership.

(WASHINGTON) – The Teamsters stand with thousands of workers who rallied on Capitol Hill today and millions of hardworking Americans around the country who deserve the dignity and respect that earning $15 an hour would bring. These same workers should also have the ability to unionize so they can advocate for themselves going forward.

Instigator

“Workers just want to be able to earn a decent wage so they can keep a roof over their head and food on their tables,” Teamster General President Jim Hoffa said. “This new measure by Sen. Sanders and Reps. Ellison and Grijalva would allow those who toil for a living to support their families. More lawmakers now need to focus their attention on everyday Americans instead of just their big business contributors.”

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So you feel they should have wasted bargaining power on something that could be enacted anyway? Can you just stop posting now?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So you feel they should have wasted bargaining power on something that could be enacted anyway? Can you just stop posting now?
Oh Good Lord???

Are you saying that the IBT and other unions have been sitting back waiting for the government to step in???

Maybe you need a break.

wide load

Oh Good Lord???

Are you saying that the IBT and other unions have been sitting back waiting for the government to step in???

Maybe you need a break.
You do know this has been going on before UPS negotiations don't you? Maybe you don't. I know it's tough being the resident pretend to know it all.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You do know this has been going on before UPS negotiations don't you? Maybe you don't. I know it's tough being the resident pretend to know it all.
So by keeping this "bargaining power" in their holster, anticipating that new minimum wage laws "could be enacted anyway", what did the IBT get in exchange for part timers?

Instigator

The IBT had an excellent opportunity to pave the way for the entire nation and the membership at UPS only to squander it away because they are cowards and sellouts. Shame on them for entering the conversation only because they need a political platform.

wide load

So by keeping this "bargaining power" in their holster, anticipating that new minimum wage laws "could be enacted anyway", what did the IBT get in exchange for part timers?
This is where your linear thinking fails you. Leverage can come in many facets. Positional bargaining is what the majority of people understand also known as bartering. Integrative bargaining is tends to escape some people. Analytical thinking of the future is what you need to focus your attention on. But you should leave that to the big boys.

Instigator

This is where your linear thinking fails you. Leverage can come in many facets. Positional bargaining is what the majority of people understand also known as bartering. Integrative bargaining is tends to escape some people. Analytical thinking of the future is what you need to focus your attention on. But you should leave that to the big boys.
And sellout bargaining and imposing contracts against the will of the membership will be the legacy of Hoffa and Hall

wide load

And sellout bargaining and imposing contracts against the will of the membership will be the legacy of Hoffa and Hall
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437701750.722822.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is where your linear thinking fails you. Leverage can come in many facets. Positional bargaining is what the majority of people understand also known as bartering.
X+Y=$
Integrative bargaining is tends to escape some people.
(X+Y=$)#
Analytical thinking of the future is what you need to focus your attention on.
(X+Y=$)(#):-)obeyhypnosmiley:)
But you should leave that to the big boys.
They had their chance,next.

Last edited:
The IBT had an excellent opportunity to pave the way for the entire nation and the membership at UPS only to squander it away because they are cowards and sellouts. Shame on them for entering the conversation only because they need a political platform.
I realize you are in a rather large local but you commander is a spurned soul who is bitter. He has left you in a cloud and toyed with you for his political aspirations. He is the one that has sold you out again and again. He went from TDU sucks motorcycle license plates to TDU henchmen in about three years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not only did they negotiate health care concessions , they took away a newly employed members benefits where they once qualified after 30 days now have to wait 12 months.

That's an uninformed generalization.

Are you speaking on behalf of every supplement and Local agreement ?

{Personal insult deleted by cheryl}

-Bug-

Last edited by a moderator:

Instigator

View attachment 47972 Do me a favor @Instigator and show your boy this picture. Ask him to explain it to you. Do it I dare you.
Obviously you don't have a clue of what you're talking about. I was on the negotiating committee and these are my thoughts. We were bargaining for our membership and were sold out by Hoffa, Hall, and your boy O'Brien. I don't need anyone to tell me anything about Fred. One thing I will tell you about him is he won't take sh&t from anyone including Hoffa, Hall, and your boy when it comes to standing with his members.