Hoffa, has no clue and not even listening

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Stink,

I want more than anything to be on your side, but I can't.
Don't your arms get tired of beating the old school union drum by yourself?

Are you an IBT official in disguise???

Say no to the staus quo.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You guys are right. I'll start hating the union that took a poor boy and made him a rich man. I'll start on Monday. Better?

I'm not hating on the union, I'm just hating one particular contract proposal and the way it has been sold to us.

Why are you so desperate to have your opinion validated on this forum?

stink219

I'm not on your case for healthcare. I get it. My only complaint is thinking its easy to make everyone happen in a negotiation. Or I should say easy at all dealing with UPS. It's a bit more involved legally and politically in today's society.

kingOFchester

Not easy at all to make everyone happy. In fact, it is impossible. That said, I except that everyone has different views and to what is important. That is what is great about having a vote and exercising that right to vote. Majority rules and I also except that. I voted no or the reasons I have explained in past posts.

I'm not hating on the union, I'm just hating one particular contract proposal and the way it has been sold to us.

Why are you so desperate to have your opinion validated on this forum?
Probably for the same reason as me. We are both in the know. We have known all along unlike most. Knowing sucks and not being able to say it sucks worse. Loose lips sink ships. I explained it to you I thought on the phone. Maybe I'm wrong though. If you saw the real numbers and knew how things really were and the direction it was going to go. Well it doesn't matter anyway because nobody believes and everyone could do better. To bad there's only one guy who is in charge so it is what it is. Keep going against the grain in your local and see where it will get you. Look how far it's gotten your guys so far.

stink219

407, some don't understand. Thats why we try to sugar coat it, but some still insist on wanting to be in the know. They think they know it all already. It's funny how everyone thinks they have the answers yet do zero to improve the process. The terms of, "we want UPS healthcare", "this TA is ridden with concessions", "PTers got screwed". It baffles me how some processes information. They think the world is friend'n them over, the union is against them, politics could change their lives. Most people aren't like that. Some just want to be heard. As for validity, that comes on silence. They will know one day 407. They will know.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Probably for the same reason as me. We are both in the know. We have known all along unlike most. Knowing sucks and not being able to say it sucks worse. Loose lips sink ships. I explained it to you I thought on the phone. Maybe I'm wrong though. If you saw the real numbers and knew how things really were and the direction it was going to go. Well it doesn't matter anyway because nobody believes and everyone could do better. To bad there's only one guy who is in charge so it is what it is. Keep going against the grain in your local and see where it will get you. Look how far it's gotten your guys so far.

Now I am really confused???
Why are there a select few that are a privy the "real numbers"?
Why is it that you guys that are "in the know" feel that the members don't deserve to know the whole story?
Could this cloak of secrecy being fueling the mistrust and angst among the rank and file?

As far as my local goes, presently all of our officers except one are toeing the line with the IBT and the members hate it.
As far as I go, I will never just go along to get along.

kingOFchester

Why is it that you guys that are "in the know" feel that the members don't deserve to know the whole story?

Something else to add, How can you blame those who are not "in the know" for questioning? If we don't know, how can we make a rational decision? At the least, those who are "in the know", should understand that those of us in the dark are being asked to jump off a cliff blind folded. Is there a net under us?

Something else to add, How can you blame those who are not "in the know" for questioning? If we don't know, how can we make a rational decision? At the least, those who are "in the know", should understand that those of us in the dark are being asked to jump off a cliff blind folded. Is there a net under us?
I can't blame you at all. It's a friend*ed up situation that's for sure.

Now I am really confused???
Why are there a select few that are a privy the "real numbers"?
Could this cloak of secrecy being fueling the mistrust and angst among the rank and file?

As far as my local goes, presently all of our officers except one are toeing the line with the IBT and the members hate it.
As far as I go, I will never just go along to get along.
You know why.

kingOFchester

So can you give some idea what you and stink are talking about? Is is about revenue on the UPS front? Is it about pension funds on the Union side?
The only reason I can see all the secrecy is because there is a looming financial crisis at big Brown, and the objective is to keep the shareholders in the dark. If that is the case, keeping everything in the dark will eventually cause more harm. Turn on the lights, face the problem and deal with the consequences.

If it is a looming financial crisis at Brown, then moving our healthcare is just a temporary fix.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Put that same " knowledge in people's hands that have some skill and intelligence and who knows what could happen. That is not how politics works, unfortunately. Crony Hoffa knows this, UPS and Teamsters must keep the masses docile and unthinking.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I don't think its a problem at Brown, King. I really don't! I also honestly don't think 407 has all the answers, hell I don't think he has any answers. He is one of those in life who likes the sound of his own voice and is always trying to represent knowing more than others but can't tell what he knows. The phrase, "Attention whore" is very applicable in this one's case.

Stink is militant anti-TDU, very militant! I think most his posts are slanted that way. What I wish Stink would understand is some of us weren't around when whatever went down with the TDU occurred and frankly couldn't care less. What we do care about is that the contract effects us all yet the powers that be inside the IBT feel we have no right to know anything, have no say in anything and are too stupid to care . The supplements, that ALL the IBT REPS ADVOCATED FOR, getting voted down better have opened some eyes. But alas, no information from the IBT leads me to believe they still haven't learned.

I don't think its a problem at Brown, King. I really don't! I also honestly don't think 407 has all the answers, hell I don't think he has any answers. He is one of those in life who likes the sound of his own voice and is always trying to represent knowing more than others but can't tell what he knows. The phrase, "Attention whore" is very applicable in this one's case.

Stink is militant anti-TDU, very militant! I think most his posts are slanted that way. What I wish Stink would understand is some of us weren't around when whatever went down with the TDU occurred and frankly couldn't care less. What we do care about is that the contract effects us all yet the powers that be inside the IBT feel we have no right to know anything, have no say in anything and are too stupid to care . The supplements, that ALL the IBT REPS ADVOCATED FOR, getting voted down better have opened some eyes. But alas, no information from the IBT leads me to believe they still haven't learned.
You are entitled to your own opinion. What is that saying?? Opinions are like a certain orifice everyone has one.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You are entitled to your own opinion. What is that saying?? Opinions are like a certain orifice everyone has one.

The real problem is when ALL the orifices of certain people spew the same excrement. Care for a tic-tac 407?

oldupsman

We all agree on that. And the problem was caused by the leadership. Let's be honest. Hoffa and Hall are the root of this whole problem.
They have totally miscalculated everything involved with this contract. And they really have no clue how to proceed from here.
This thing has the potential to literally drag on for years.