Hoffa letter to Reid and Pelosi.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because RTW is the only effective means for employees to hold their Union accountable.
​No one likes to be held accountable.

So can we use this type of logic in order to hold other organizations accountable, too?

For example, if I think I got bad service as a restaurant, am I allowed to walk out on the bill to hold them accountable? What about walking out on my $100 tab at a steak house because the baked potato was a little overdone? Or my $80 tab at a bar because the bartender handed me a Budweiser instead of a Bud Light?

Or can I stroll out of Best Buy with a plasma screen TV because I wanted to hold the sales person accountable for making me wait for him to deal with another customer?

You get the idea. If you give someone a chance to get something for nothing under the guise of "accountability", a lot of people will jump at the chance to steal and freeload.

Nice try at spinning.

No ... what you do is you have the power to not uses their services or goods in the future.

At a restaurant, I can ask to talk to the manager but the real power is in never coming back.

I can ask for a Bud Light and refuse to pay for the Budweiser.

I can leave Best Buy and go to Sam's or Amazon (which I have done).

Now your "spinning" an unparallelled analogy.
While everything you say is true in relation to an unsatisfied customer not returning for future transactions, with a right to work employee who doesn't pay dues, they continue to return and receive services that they didn't pay for day after week after year.

C

chuchu

Is a better option to vote for the republican that was the biggest RTW advocate?
Ultimately, after we take our last breath we will find out which was the greater evil: RTW or being complicit in the butchering of millions of innocence children. At that point, many will beg for a chance to redo that personal vote.

C

chuchu

So can we use this type of logic in order to hold other organizations accountable, too?

For example, if I think I got bad service as a restaurant, am I allowed to walk out on the bill to hold them accountable? What about walking out on my $100 tab at a steak house because the baked potato was a little overdone? Or my $80 tab at a bar because the bartender handed me a Budweiser instead of a Bud Light?

Or can I stroll out of Best Buy with a plasma screen TV because I wanted to hold the sales person accountable for making me wait for him to deal with another customer?

You get the idea. If you give someone a chance to get something for nothing under the guise of "accountability", a lot of people will jump at the chance to steal and freeload.
Wrong answer. I had a restaurant and people weren't liable to pay for what they didn't order or what wasn't done/cooked correctly as long as they notified the server. And tipping is and always will be by discretion, legally. Your comparison is not apples for apples.

C

chuchu

And in this corner wearing the red shorts...Hoaxster!
Unions have elections every three years, how many times did you get to vote on UPS's leaders?
When you sign the intent letter and accept the company position you are CHOOSING that venue, knowing the perimeters and rules. Everyone has a choice.....except when other regions force a healthcare plan down your throat that they, themselves, will not have. That's Democratic? That's bull.

Inthegame

When you sign the intent letter and accept the company position you are CHOOSING that venue, knowing the perimeters and rules. Everyone has a choice.....except when other regions force a healthcare plan down your throat that they, themselves, will not have. That's Democratic? That's bull.
And when you apply at a company that is under a union contract, you've made that choice. Don't want to be in a union and pay for the benefits of the CBA, apply somewhere else.

kingOFchester

Duhhhh!
What kind of dumbnutt does not understand this is the end-game plan for the Democrats.
They have been saying for 20 years that their goal is a single-payer healthcare system for all Americans.

​Just saying.

Hoaxster,

This is what I have been saying. This is all a ploy to get us into a single payer system. In order to get the ball rolling with a single payer, you need a large base. First you will have all the people buying at the marketplace, and then you have union plans.

Hoffa has stated he NOT against a single payer system. Here is my post on the subject

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/its-all-just-sham-351879/

C

chuchu

We have a hard time supporting those that don't support us...inside the union and outside as well. UNION means together. That's a thing of the past without honest leadership and members willing to look out for each other even if the issue doesn't specifically impact your situation.

There's a lot of animosity towards the IBT boys who supported and propagated the TA this time around and that is not a small fraction of the members.

snookbunny420

unions should not be aloud to support political parties, Period... Why should my dues be spent on ideology I do not support. When was this issue taken for a vote? whos call was it to support Obama, Pelosi, and Reid?

C

chuchu

unions should not be aloud to support political parties, Period... Why should my dues be spent on ideology I do not support. When was this issue taken for a vote? whos call was it to support Obama, Pelosi, and Reid?
I agree. And if push comes to shove there's a federal law that says that if you are a religious objector to the political party the union supports (due to platforms the party supports that are contrary to your religious beliefs) you can have your dues diverted to a non profit agency even if you're not in a RTW state. You can also defund DRIVE $ that is added into your dues by writing the IBT and requesting it. Its sad to even have to consider those options.

alwaysoverallowed

I don't know where this thread has been or where it's headed but I just wanted to throw my two cents in and say I stopped reading the letter when he said 40 hr work week; considering its 950est and I just got home from work.

RealPerson

And when you apply at a company that is under a union contract, you've made that choice. Don't want to be in a union and pay for the benefits of the CBA, apply somewhere else.

I always Laugh when I see people talking about what was WON by pas Union People and we should pay dues for that.

WRONG. I don't pay my Lawyer who might be doing a bad job on my case, just because he has won cases before mine.

Then we also have the fact the hall is GIVING back some of these hard earned things that the PAST Union people have WON....
But he is a Saint and accept it, during RECORD times? NO

You hardcore union guys would believe the IBT when they tell you that is roses you smell on the end of your noses.....

While I believe the Company would walk all over us without a Union, I also believe the CURRENT leadership need to WORK and not ride these Golden coat tails of Past UNION People you speak so highly of.

My Dues pay my President and my BA's Salary and their expenses. All the Retirement and Health comes from the Company if you are in the union or not.