Hoffa on self driving trucks

dudebro

This is an issue that should be voted on. Not just rail roaded by big companies to eliminate employees.
Yea. Because it was those evil car and trucking companies that railroaded all those blacksmiths and stable owners out of business.

Dr.Brownz

Yea. Because it was those evil car and trucking companies that railroaded all those blacksmiths and stable owners out of business.

They did. They lobbied the governments to ban horse and carriage on major roadways among other things. Almost all major corporations lobby the government to put in regulations that favor the ones doing the lobbying.

Dr.Brownz

I would have no problem. Statistically they are Safer than cars driven by humans. I don't understand people's irrational fear of the self driving car

How many self driving miles did all Tesla log before a fatality? The ratio is safer than cars driven by a human.

Google's Self-Driving Cars Are Ridiculously Safe

I would have no problem. Statistically they are Safer than cars driven by humans. I don't understand people's irrational fear of the self driving car

How many self driving miles did all Tesla log before a fatality? The ratio is safer than cars driven by a human.

Google's Self-Driving Cars Are Ridiculously Safe

Yep that sponsored content article that google put out proves it! Don't bother listening to outside sources! Google couldn't have another motive besides making everyone lives better with self driving cars!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Ahh the old horse and buggy argument. Excpet the difference is that horses were replaced by cars. Now its humans replaced by robots.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Like you're an expert. You hold no union affiliation. Just because you are from California or live in the most unionized state doesn't make you union by default.

I agreed that a certain union leader has his head in the sand by saying, “You really want a giant 14-wheeler remotely? C’mon. It’s not going to happen. I think there’s a lot of hoopla about that. I see it on TV all the time. The media loves to talk about it. I don’t see it happening. I don’t intend to have someone else drive my car.”

When it is ALREADY HAPPENING.

Said nothing about being union anything... You guys scare me in more ways than one. :laugh: Now TTKU!

Now, carry on ignoring reality...

LeadBelly

Banned
I agreed that a certain union leader has his head in the sand by saying, “You really want a giant 14-wheeler remotely? C’mon. It’s not going to happen. I think there’s a lot of hoopla about that. I see it on TV all the time. The media loves to talk about it. I don’t see it happening. I don’t intend to have someone else drive my car.”

When it is ALREADY HAPPENING.

Said nothing about being union anything... You guys scare me in more ways than one. :laugh: Now TTKU!

Now, carry on ignoring reality...

People like you scare me as well. You never know what your intentions are.

dudebro

Ahh the old horse and buggy argument. Excpet the difference is that horses were replaced by cars. Now its humans replaced by robots.

Maybe, but I'll bet the head of the blacksmith union said at the time that a car in every driveway was "not going to happen".

Moreover, humans have been getting replaced by machines / robots since 1760. [Wikipedia]

dudebro

Yep that sponsored content article that google put out proves it! Don't bother listening to outside sources! Google couldn't have another motive besides making everyone lives better with self driving cars!
I suppose Google sponsored the links I posted too....

dudebro

They did. They lobbied the governments to ban horse and carriage on major roadways among other things. Almost all major corporations lobby the government to put in regulations that favor the ones doing the lobbying.

That fits the narrative really well, but it isn't true.

Horses / horse and buggies actually have protected status on most roadways - vehicles are supposed to yield and give space. The only place they're not allowed (as far as I'm aware) is on the Interstate.

As for lobbies, yea, that's how it is. Capitalism, the worst system in the world, except for all of the other ones.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That fits the narrative really well, but it isn't true.

Horses / horse and buggies actually have protected status on most roadways - vehicles are supposed to yield and give space. The only place they're not allowed (as far as I'm aware) is on the Interstate.

As for lobbies, yea, that's how it is. Capitalism, the worst system in the world, except for all of the other ones.

There are Amish that live about 90 miles from here. They use their horse and buggies wherever they go. They have a red inverted triangle on the back for safety.

The only roads they can't go on are the Interstates.

LeadBelly

Banned
There are Amish that live about 90 miles from here. They use their horse and buggies wherever they go. They have a red inverted triangle on the back for safety.

The only roads they can't go on are the Interstates.
Amish people treat dogs horribly. I'd never buy anything from them. They make you a pie and never wash that hands after that take a crap. I'll pass.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Google sponsores this whole site. Makes you wonder.

Please stop spreading misinformation. You are better than that.

Here's a post I made in 2007 about how browncafe came to be:

Once upon a time (1999) the only civilized UPS forum was Motley Fool's UPS sub forum. The group there was friendly and knowledgeable and everyone got along fine.

One day a jealous troll known as "ewave" stumbled into the forum. Ewave was jealous of the happy community and amused himself by disrupting it. He liked to announce that the end was near for UPS. In his quest to tear down the Big Brown Corporation he created his own yahoo web page to spread disinformation and promote the union vs. management philosophy which Ewave loved so much.

I was an active participant in the Motley Fool UPS community and spent a lot of time debating Ewave. Coincidently I had spent a couple of years learning to create web pages as a hobby. I was looking for a topic for a new project so I decided to create a web site with exactly the opposite intent of ewave's. Originally browncafe was a homepage account through our isp, then after a couple of months it got so busy that I registered this domain and rented server space.

Although I've never worked for UPS I know the culture well, I have spent my whole life in it. My dad worked for UPS his entire career. My husband worked for UPS 1977 - 2003.

This site is entirely my own creation, no UPS involvement at all. I guess it's really a tribute to my brown blooded dad who had passed away a few years before the site started. This site was up and running before my husband ever knew about it. After he saw it he didn't think it was a very good idea. He was concerned that there might be repercussions for him at work, but no one ever said a negative word about it. He left UPS in 2003.

That's the whole story. In a nutshell this site was created because in 1999 I got ticked off and wanted to show a troll on another forum that our community could create a better, more productive resource for all UPSers than his one sided UPS bashing site... thank you ewave
:wink:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
What about the other websites/forums that you have created and sold???

Where there similar stories in regards to their creation?
Fact check: I have never created and sold any forums or websites. Nice try. It's all public record. Prove me wrong.