Holiday Pay for Part Timers

calcio56

hello forum,

I'm part time sort. I have been working about 7 months. Does anybody know if i am eligible for holiday pay? I can't tell if it becomes effective after the probationary period or after a full year....trying to figure out if i should skip wednesday and hit the road or wait till thurs morning.

thanks for the help and the heckling.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
hello forum,

I'm part time sort. I have been working about 7 months. Does anybody know if i am eligible for holiday pay? I can't tell if it becomes effective after the probationary period or after a full year....trying to figure out if i should skip wednesday and hit the road or wait till thurs morning.

thanks for the help and the heckling.
You have to work there a year before receiving holiday pay.

To be eligible for Holiday pay you normally must work the day before and day after the Holiday. I know a lot of places don't enforce that. But since you won't be receiving Holiday pay go ahead and take the extra time off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To be eligible for Holiday pay you normally must work the day before and day after the Holiday. I know a lot of places don't enforce that. But since you won't be receiving Holiday pay go ahead and take the extra time off.
I thought it was any 2 days during the week of the holiday?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This may vary but where I work it is also the day before and after. Since Black Friday is a non-operational day and Monday is a different pay period, you would only have to work on Wednesday to get paid for Thursday and Friday.
I think it depends on your local. Last year, I took the two days following Labor Day off...worked that thursday and friday, and was still paid for the holiday.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think it depends on your local. Last year, I took the two days following Labor Day off...worked that thursday and friday, and was still paid for the holiday.
I've banged out the whole week and got paid for holidays, from my understanding the whole "day before/after" thing is UPS fantasyland to get people to show. At least locally.

calcio56

thanks everyone...and to the dhole that asked if i was really trying to take a day off before a holiday after only working seven months...the answer is yes. and i dont feel bad about it.

Nimnim

The Nim
Here in my area, Orlando/Central Florida/Southern Region, it's also before or after, but we get holiday pay for the day after Thanksgiving as well.

Edit: with 7 months you wouldn't get the holiday pay here either. Gotta work a year first.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here in my area, Orlando/Central Florida/Southern Region, it's also before or after, but we get holiday pay for the day after Thanksgiving as well.

Edit: with 7 months you wouldn't get the holiday pay here either. Gotta work a year first.

Its the same here. Friday after Thanksgiving is also considered a paid holiday so working the day after would be on Monday.