Holiday Pay for Part Timers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by calcio56, Nov 26, 2013.

1. calcio56

calcio56 Active Member

hello forum,

I'm part time sort. I have been working about 7 months. Does anybody know if i am eligible for holiday pay? I can't tell if it becomes effective after the probationary period or after a full year....trying to figure out if i should skip wednesday and hit the road or wait till thurs morning.

thanks for the help and the heckling.

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

You have to work there a year before receiving holiday pay.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You've only been there 7 months and already want to take off the day before a holiday?

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

To be eligible for Holiday pay you normally must work the day before and day after the Holiday. I know a lot of places don't enforce that. But since you won't be receiving Holiday pay go ahead and take the extra time off.

5. bleedinbrown58

I thought it was any 2 days during the week of the holiday?

6. UpstateNYUPSer

This may vary but where I work it is also the day before and after. Since Black Friday is a non-operational day and Monday is a different pay period, you would only have to work on Wednesday to get paid for Thursday and Friday.

7. bleedinbrown58

I think it depends on your local. Last year, I took the two days following Labor Day off...worked that thursday and friday, and was still paid for the holiday.

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Did you just not show up or was it mutually agreed upon by you and your management team? That is the wording in the Central Region Supplement.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

If they are scheduled days off you will get paid---if you bang in it is up to your mgt team whether they will pay you or not.

10. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

I've banged out the whole week and got paid for holidays, from my understanding the whole "day before/after" thing is UPS fantasyland to get people to show. At least locally.

11. bleedinbrown58

I banged in the two days following that Labor Day....

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Had you done this in my center you would have not been paid for the holiday.

13. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Here you have to work either the day before or the day after to get paid for the holiday. If you miss 2 days after you would still get paid if you had worked the day before.

14. calcio56

calcio56 Active Member

thanks everyone...and to the dhole that asked if i was really trying to take a day off before a holiday after only working seven months...the answer is yes. and i dont feel bad about it.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

Only a dhole would screw his co-workers to get to Grandma's house a bit early.

16. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Here in my area, Orlando/Central Florida/Southern Region, it's also before or after, but we get holiday pay for the day after Thanksgiving as well.

Edit: with 7 months you wouldn't get the holiday pay here either. Gotta work a year first.

17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Its the same here. Friday after Thanksgiving is also considered a paid holiday so working the day after would be on Monday.

18. jaker

jaker trolling

Oh stop it you know dang well how many drivers are going to call out on Wednesday to do the same thing , at least he won't be missed as much as a driver

19. UpstateNYUPSer

How many drivers do you know that are willing to lose 2 days of holiday pay?

20. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Here one only needs to work one day of the week to get holiday pay .