Holiday Pay question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ez123, Dec 30, 2015.

1. ez123

ez123 New Member

After punching in this morning some people were given the choice to go home since we were overstaffed after holidays. I chose to go home because how much times does that happen, but now I am wondering if this effects my holiday pay since you have to work the day before and day after. I was only on the clock for a couple min. Will I still get my holiday pay?

2. ez123

ez123 New Member

Ok, just wanted to make sure. Thanks

3. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Where I worked you had to work either the day after or the day before a holiday to get the holiday pay.

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

That depends. Past practice in my building is you have to have 30 minutes of work for the day to count as a day worked.
    But in my local, you only need to work any two days in a week to get holiday pay.

5. peanutbuttermm

peanutbuttermm New Member

You don't have to work the day after or before it's a myth that some douché supervisor started

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Blow it all on booze and chicks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

As I recently found out since I was not paid for Thanksgiving since I'm off on disability, you have to work a certain number of days prior to the holiday to be eligible.

8. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I believe it is 2 days during the week of the holiday. So if OP worked the last 2 days he should qualify.

9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

No, it's a certain amount of days in the month. I just don't feel like looking it up. But now that it's arguable I might have to. DAMN YOU!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. FrigidFTSup

I thought that is what I read. I am not 100% sure though. Let me see if I can dig it up.

11. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

It's supplemental it turns out. Here in Central PA you have to have worked within 15 days of the holiday. So it could be different where you are.

And yes, I did look that up to verify it. ;)

12. FrigidFTSup

Yep, I just pulled up the supplement here and it says worked 2 days in the week. The differences across the country always amaze me.

13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Agreed. Fortunately we are on the good end of most things here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. DOK

DOK Active Member

No such rule here, must be a regional thing.

15. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

It is a supplement issue.

In the Central, it is either the day before or the day after, or unless the absence is mutually agreed to.

UPS asking an employee to take the day off, or the day before and the day after the holiday, is a mutually agreed to absence and does not negate holiday pay.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List