Holiday turkeys

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you folks need turkeys, take a drive around rural Upstate New York and you will see plenty of them. There are some landowners that would be happy if you came and took away some of the Canadian Geese though.

over9five

Staff member
next thing you know they will take away safe driving awards

I heard that there getting rid of the thrift plan anyone else heard this

THAT... will never Happen and We will never go Public

I heard they were going to make us buy our own socks! Egad!! Can someone post the link for buying UPS socks?

What is this new shield logo UPS has that I'm hearing about.

You guys are just mean!

Funny....but mean!!!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
cooked 13 butter balls last sunday, just the breasts. were 89 cents a pound. fed 145 and still had left overs.

Im sorry, lemme see, guys makin 30-40 bucks an hour crying cause it cost more to give the turkey to the drivers than what the actual turkey cost.

if you want to really help someone, do it with your own money. regifting, and then bitching when someone does not keep on giving to you......well somehow it seems beneath a ups driver.

but maybe not......

d

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I always gave my turkey , and eventually turkey voucher, to a part-timer in need. I guess one more part-timer goes without this Christmas.

whiskey

cooked 13 butter balls last sunday, just the breasts. were 89 cents a pound. fed 145 and still had left overs.

Im sorry, lemme see, guys makin 30-40 bucks an hour crying cause it cost more to give the turkey to the drivers than what the actual turkey cost.

if you want to really help someone, do it with your own money. regifting, and then bitching when someone does not keep on giving to you......well somehow it seems beneath a ups driver.

but maybe not......

d
After being on the receiving end of 30 turkey's from UPS, it was never about getting. It was about giving. And UPS was giving. The joy is in giving.
The turkey became a symbol of peak. When hourlies and management put aside petty grienance's for a common cause, and that was to work as a team to provide the best service possible. And we did. We were the best.
When you enter a business dressed in brown, you represent a brand. You best be squared away in uniform with polished shoes and consummate people skills, or the brand suffers.
Merry Christmas to all.

A

anonymous6

but maybe not......

d

the money is not the point. this company does not want to show appreciation to the very people who built it up anymore.

it's gonna backfire on them bigtime.( in the long run )

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, as Obama would say, "Let me be clear about this", there are no turkeys !! Period the end. Plan or whine accordingly!!

browniehound

This proves to me that the turkey was not a negligible gift. It was a significant gesture on the part of UPS. I loved the holiday turkey and looked forward to it every year.

Now its gone. Most of us thought it an insult to recieve a turkey. Many of us said: "give us a week's pay!" Nothing else will suffice.

I just want UPS to get back to where they can give us turkeys again and its managers wage increases. This is the UPS I want to work for. If they can't give us turkeys or raises to its managers, then something is not right.

When I get my turkey back then I will know everything is ok. If I don't, then there might be a real problem with the company.

However, my belief its the economy hurting our great company and once it recovers we will be back with a passion and burying Fed-ex and Fed-ex ground because UPS knows how to adjust to economic downturns better than Fed-Ex.

Let's re-visit this in 6 months.

Brownie

upsman68

but maybe not......

d

that's not the point. This was a holiday tradition started by the founders of the company.

These traditions should stay.

ZEPHYR

Laurel Mountain
No turkey, no calendar, no award for full year of no injuries. Our union rep discussed the no injury issue and asked what they planned on giving us this year. The reply was, " If you want to pay for it out of your own pocket, go right ahead."

ZEPHYR

Laurel Mountain
Forgot to add...The saftey committee(the group who orders pizza and sits around talking football and sex) was caught yesterday receiving their Dicks Sporting Goods gift cards from UPS. I just wonder how they get rewarded for doing nothing while we went an entire year with no injuries. I dont want "presents" but a simple. "Hey nice job" would be good to hear maybe...:biting:

UPSSOCKS

Forgot to add...The saftey committee(the group who orders pizza and sits around talking football and sex) was caught yesterday receiving their Dicks Sporting Goods gift cards from UPS. I just wonder how they get rewarded for doing nothing while we went an entire year with no injuries. I dont want "presents" but a simple. "Hey nice job" would be good to hear maybe...:biting:

It's their company, not yours, they deserve those gift cards. That's just one of the luxuries that comes with being management, put your letter of intent in. You sound jealous