Holy hell...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by loadfaster, Oct 21, 2012.

1. loadfaster

loadfaster New Member

So on Monday in my neck of the dark woods, some guy impersonated a driver, broke into a lady's home, and stabbed her. She's in critical condition. Wonder if this will make people much more leery to open the door...
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Most people "peep" out the window/door but don't get their package until I drive away.
  4. loadfaster

loadfaster New Member

Thanks for the link Upstate...
  5. laffter

laffter Active Member

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  6. BCFan

BCFan Active Member

I agree Upstate thanks for the link....wow this news is a kick in the groin to all us late night dark and dreary delivers. On my rural route them peeps shot first and ? later. Good thing they all know me..BC
  7. OK Dragon..........what would you do?
  8. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

While I agree with the idea of staying out of residential driveways as much as possible, that kind of goes out the window once it gets dark and I am out in the country. At that point, I NEED the customer to be able to look out the window and see/ hear the truck so that they know damn good and well thats its really me.
  9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I often wonder what a country homeowner thinks when I come strolling down their driveway, after dark, with my flashlight lighting the way. Until their yard lights come on, they cannot see who is holding the flashlight.

There are lots of armed homeowners in my area. Hopefully they know to ask questions 1st.
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

When my customers see me at night I think they probably think I'm a big grizzly bear.
  11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

LOL! You are in brown.
  12. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

i had a revolver aimed at my face when i brought a Saver to some guy at like 11pm

surprisingly it didn't bother me until about an hour later, and then i was like, huh, ain't that some :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:
  13. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Were you grieved for doing bargaining unit work?
  14. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

15. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm sure UPS will allow everyone extra time to produce an ID at every resi stop. They are understanding like that. You could always count on the homeowner letting the dog out if you pulled into a driveway after dark.
  16. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

add me to the list of couriers/drivers that had a gun pointed at him during a night delivery...

sucks even worse when the temps/swing drivers are out there driving rental vehicles. "Oh I didn't know Budget, Enterprise, Penske, or Ryder were delivery companies..."

I'll yell "FedEx" as I approach the front door & that sorta helps :imok:

17. laffter

laffter Active Member

It's very mean to trick them into thinking they'll be getting decent service.
  18. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have never had a gun pointed at me, but I have had customers come to the door at night holding guns. I cant say as I blame them; it might take the county sheriff 45 minutes to respond to a 911 call out there.
  19. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

if you venture over to some threads on the purple section, you'll know that i provide better service than the typical Ground/ Home Delivery box-monkey:kickme:
  20. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

i had a guy come after me one time with a shotgun because he thought i came to visit his wife. took a lot of talking to straighten that out.