Home for Lunch?

Sammie

Sounds like a driver I know... 3 story townhome.
P1000 packed top to bottom front to back,
had to unload like 500 pieces in order to work...
WHY a sup would let this even happen(loading this extreme
and allowing unloading at a home)
is beyond me..

And here I thought I was sharing such a unique happening with the rest of the world!! Shows what I know!!!:crying:

I love going home for lunch. It's been about 100 degrees all month. The last 3 weeks have been nice to cool off with ac. This week im doing a different route and have to suffer.

SmithBarney

Home right now... lunch at home is great...
especially when its a 2 hour lunch... (don't worry, I'll be
back in brown soon enough... the purple job is just not challenging enough)

Overpaid Union Thug

Well damn it! I haven't been on the route that runs through my area since the day I started this topic. :( I've been putting up with fast food since then. I just don't like packing a lunch because the heat ruins it and I don't like packing in coolers because I want a hot meal.

browniehound

Over,
your are going to hell just for saying that word:confused:1

"I may not wake up from my nap after a sandwhich."

Christ, that's my biggest fear! Always set that cell phone alarm!

(Oops, is "Christ" OK???? Sure would hate my post deleted. I did not mean to offend anyone)

SmithBarney

Well damn it! I haven't been on the route that runs through my area since the day I started this topic. :( I've been putting up with fast food since then. I just don't like packing a lunch because the heat ruins it and I don't like packing in coolers because I want a hot meal.

IF you want a hot meal, heres a tip, get something thats precooked...
wrap it in tin foil a few times... leave it on the shelf all day(until lunch)
I used to get precooked breaded chicken tenders or patties... wrap em up..
By lunch time they are the perfect snack.

Same goes for a soft taco shell and cheese, a mini quesadilla...

moreluck

golden ticket member
fredly00..by lunchtime it would be a petri dish for all kinds of bad germs & bacteria......especially the chicken. I wouldn't eat it.:sad:

SmithBarney

Good grief not raw chicken that would never cook.
And the precooked has so many preservatives in it...
you have nothing to worry about

Thats why I said "PRECOOKED" and if you seal it... nothing will get in..
heck wrap it in tin, then put it in a ziplock... best meals I've ever had on the
road.

Sammie

Originally Posted by big_arrow_up
I just don't like packing a lunch because the heat ruins it and I don't like packing in coolers because I want a hot meal.

Thats why I said "PRECOOKED" and if you seal it... nothing will get in..
heck wrap it in tin, then put it in a ziplock... best meals I've ever had on the
road.

More's right, you guys!!!:closedeye

Nobody wants to see you scraped off the sidewalk or the package car floor after a bad attack of food poisoning or salmonella!

When the temp is 90 or above, perishable food can safely sit out for one hour...

satellitedriver

fredly00..by lunchtime it would be a petri dish for all kinds of bad germs & bacteria......especially the chicken. I wouldn't eat it.:sad:
More, you are correct, somewhat.
The key to keep bacteria from forming is keeping the internal temp of food at a constant 180 degrees. That is the FDA standard.
No problem doing that in a UPS pkg car. Just wrap in foil and put it on the dash. Be sure to wear oven mitts when you unwrap the foil.
PAX

DS

Fenderbender
I work about 50 miles from my house,I also like hot food for lunch.
I take a rectangular tupperware container,throw in a can of soup or chili or spaghtti, and about an hour before I`m going to eat,just toss it on my dash and cover it with a ups winter coat,and crank the heater to full.All the better if its 100 degrees out.For meat pies
or sausage rolls reduce the heat and cooking time by half.For pasta or rice make sure you add about 1/3 cup of water.
Great for leftover cabbage rolls,stuffed peppers,chinese food.
My all time fav using this method is Habitant bean with ham soup,
lots of crackers,gotta be careful not to burn your lips though.
Ok I`m done.

upsgrunt

I work about 50 miles from my house,I also like hot food for lunch.
I take a rectangular tupperware container,throw in a can of soup or chili or spaghtti, and about an hour before I`m going to eat,just toss it on my dash and cover it with a ups winter coat,and crank the heater to full.All the better if its 100 degrees out.For meat pies
or sausage rolls reduce the heat and cooking time by half.For pasta or rice make sure you add about 1/3 cup of water.
Great for leftover cabbage rolls,stuffed peppers,chinese food.
My all time fav using this method is Habitant bean with ham soup,
lots of crackers,gotta be careful not to burn your lips though.
Ok I`m done.

You can also take a can of soup (unopened) and place it where it is close to the engine block, but kind of wedged in so it doesn't fall out. It only takes an hour and you can have hot soup!:thumbup1:

upsgrunt

No-there is so much stop and go (on my route) that the pressure doesn't get that high. I should add that this is a winter trick; I never tried it in the summer.