Home Security

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am checking into getting a surveillance system for home. The alley behind our house is the local 'hood hwy and I'm tired of things being stolen. Does anyone use one and what brand? How do you like it?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I knew I would get at least one response like this. Thanks Drew for not dissappointing me. LOL We have a variety of choices........Ruger 9mm (mine) Colt 45 APC (his) to name just the favorite 2, but they don't work well when we aren't home which is frequently. So, I need to invest in another form of security that works when I am home or not. :happy-very:

drewed

Shankman
Ehh Im still more of a fan of the shotty
But i think the best suggestion would be ask people around your neighborhood if they use it and how they like it...ive never dealt with security companies outside of commercial use but id have to say national companies that do it would very from location to location..

moreluck

golden ticket member
I still think a dog is the best security system. Our local police have said so also.

Our house was previously a model with a security system. We kept the security sign in place, but never re-upped the service.

A neighbor has trouble with false alarms from his system....the other day the Santa Ana winds set something off. The cops arrived, guns drawn, but nothing going on.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have Boxers. Yes they are effective to a degree. One problem is they don't have access to the whole yard. Another is the traffic in the ally causes them to bark which I have had to get bark collars so I don't piss off my next door neighbor to bad.

I am only looking at a surveilance system not an alarm system. The dogs are great for the alarm. We get taggers in the alley and just the general traffic is non-stop. I have had the cops out on so many occasions. They know my address by heart. LOL

satellitedriver

Dogs and guns are what I use around here,
having pictures of the preps, after the fact, would have little value around here.
I have an underground electromagnetic sensor along my driveway.
Any metal object coming down my drive { I live 700ft off the main road }
sounds an alert tone. It is my doorbell.
I never lock my doors.

chev

Nightcrawler
The auto 12 gauge looks like a winner to me, but I think this little gun might be a little faster.

This would be a great little compact home protector.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hey dilli, I used one of these
370098224842 listed on ebay, search on item number. Or go to www.seaview.com. I had one of these when I was having problems in the redneck hood. Worked like a charm, got them all on tape, news spread, cops told them I had surveillance, problem over. The one I had looked like a burnt out floodlight. But its a camera, too bad I forgot it was a fake as I must have thrown it out thinking it was burnt out. Only coz I hadnt needed it anymore. Real cheap fix and you can program it to run on vcr for 24 hrs. Pretty cool.
Whole lot cheaper than some of the other suveillance products. Sherriff dept was impressed, had never seen it before, ROFLMAO.