Homeland Security warning in regards to UPS uniforms

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You can sell UPS branded items, like the ones anyone can buy.

Try selling any part of the uniform. UPS owns the uniforms. You may find yourself in jail for theft or receiving stolen items or something to that effect.
How about the socks...part of the uniform but we outright own them and had to purchases them..

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Try selling any part of the uniform. UPS owns the uniforms. You may find yourself in jail for theft or receiving stolen items or something to that effect.
I have noticed that there have been people who stock up on the ups logo hats and shirts from the ups catalog and triples the price and sells them on eBay...there are a couple upsers doing that.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch

Try selling any part of the uniform. UPS owns the uniforms. You may find yourself in jail for theft or receiving stolen items or something to that effec
My point was, there are UPS uniform stuff on there as well as the stuff anybody can buy from the catalog. That thinsulate jacket for sale for $129.00 or 139, I forget now, is driver issue. It is the old logo, but hell, I was in the circle of honor with 34 years safe driving, and I don't have one of those.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My point was, there are UPS uniform stuff on there as well as the stuff anybody can buy from the catalog. That thinsulate jacket for sale for $129.00 or 139, I forget now, is driver issue. It is the old logo, but hell, I was in the circle of honor with 34 years safe driving, and I don't have one of those.

And if the sale of those uniforms goes through, I'd expect to see law enforcement show up at both the sellers house and the buyers house.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That thinsulate jacket for sale for $129.00 or 139, I forget now, is driver issue. It is the old logo, but hell, I was in the circle of honor with 34 years safe driving, and I don't have one of those.

I have 3 of them. Want to buy one?

Seriously, they do come in handy working around the yard.

Returntosender

Exactly bro that and we have access to places the typical civilian wouldnt have access to.
Come to think about it. The uniform does give you access with less security checks. What if a suicide bomber wore a UPS or any other big delivery company uniform in attack? They wear US military uniforms get close to US personnel bases and blow themselves up. Who says that tactic can't be used in the CONUS.

Come to think about it. The uniform does give you access with less security checks. What if a suicide bomber wore a UPS or any other big delivery company uniform in attack? They wear US military uniforms get close to US personnel bases and blow themselves up. Who says that tactic can't be used in the CONUS.
Absolutely agree that a UPS uniform grants you access to a lot of areas off limits to the regular public. So does a mailman uniform or a gas or electric company uniform. Most people in this country are too trusting and for a good reason. For the most part we feel safe where ever we go. Except for a few places in the hood after dark.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In 2001, 2002 2003. There were diads, coats, pants n shirts all selling for thousands. It ended in feb 2003. Once their sales hit a certain mark, they were all busted, one day after a 5 month investigation, they were busted at 5am. In their jammys, most in n jersey, ny. The people buying them were hired by ups to buy them. The people selling them lost the cash they made, and were prosecuted. I am sworn to secrecy. Ill tell you the rest when i am outta here...

chris9834

I call everyone that I meet for the first time either "sir" or "ma'am".

It's called courtesy/respect.
Yea this 1 guy on this 1 route gets po'd because I say good morning, or evening what ever time of the day it is followed by Sir he gets mad he says call me something else finally I shooted him str8 i said look i mean no disrespect but when you step on the yellow foot prints at a M.C.R.D. and forget to add in Sir after every reply it will be the last time you forget so it is something that is embeded in me to do. He understood after that lol.

chris9834

Do you still write your dates "military style"? I got out in 1989 and still do.
Yes Sir I actually try to break the habit it is a forced habit lol. I can't begin to tell you how many people I have had to school lol. Recently I was turning in my D.V.I.R. slip and I had a non safety related request so the mechanic happend to be right there and looked at it immediately to see what I put on it when I put it in the slot he found me in the D.I.A.D room after I walked away and he thought he would ask me "since when is there more then 12 months in a year" it caught me off gaurd until he pointed at the slip. I replied "really there is only 12 months in a year? I didn't know that." To mess with him then i schooled him on Military style dates and it is just a habit i haven't broke.

chris9834

I would buy some of the retro stuff a vet in my center gave me some older retro stuff. I would buy like the older vest I have one and it looks way more professional and more fitting then the newer style vest.

chris9834

Exactly a example is there is a Police Department on a route we deliver in side there gates where they park their vehicles and stuff off limits to everyone else. If we had to wheel in our dollies throught the front door get are names ran through the system then roll all the way in the back to the property room it would be annoying.