Horrible back pain at the worst time.

SubPop79

All last week I had horrible upper back pain between my right shoulder blade and spine, which progressed this weekend to the point of shooting pains up my neck and down my right arm sporadically. It started out minor and got worse. It even got worse this weekend despite not being physically active at all.The pain is there no matter my posture, and gets worse with movement.

Tonight is going to be a :censored2: show because of the 3 day weekend and Labor Day sales. I know if I go to work I'm going to :censored2: it up even further. I'm out of vacation time and sick days and my supervisors are the most unaccommodating people I've ever met. I told them last week that my back was in pain and I needed help loading but they insisted I suck it up and power through and not be a pusillanimous.

What should I do? I can't make it to a doctor until Thursday.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You've gotta go to a doctor TODAY. I wouldn't believe you either if you told me you were in excruciating pain, but oh by the way you can't go to the doctor until Thursday. It doesn't make sense

ibleedbrown

tell them it happened at work, when they ask why you didn't report it tell them you told them and they told you to suck it up. tell them you want to go to the doctor and they will take you. oh and if something is wrong w ur back the sups that told you to suck it up will probably get fired.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Tell your sup NOW, or as soon as you see them you hurt yourself at work, remember the exact incident that caused it, and go to the work comp dr

box_beeyotch

Tell your center manager the situation, forget the PT sups. Only those clowns could get away with calling a union worker a pusillanimous.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You've gotta go to a doctor TODAY. I wouldn't believe you either if you told me you were in excruciating pain, but oh by the way you can't go to the doctor until Thursday. It doesn't make sense
Not busting chops, but what if his doctor can't see him til Thursday? Shouldn't he go to a company doctor anyway? Idk

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I gotta say working here for so long , I would also recommend going to doctor immediately , same day for sure, if yours can't get you in , go to one of those emergency care no appointment needed places. Then see your own doctor afterwards. Don't wait any longer.

Ouch

If you told them you were hurt you need to have everything documented. Talk to your steward and tell him exactly what went on and share your documentation with him/her. If they refuse you medical that is bad on their part. Contact a lawyer if need be. If your truly hurt don't gamble your health for a pt sup that hasn't got a M.D. degree. Make them get you medical attention.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
All he needs is a chiropractor. A reputable one. My sons need it for baseball. After they gain speed on their pitches. Repetitive motion causes back misalignment

brownman87

Just came back from the same injury as yours. Took me a 14 months. DO NOT mess with it. Workers comp will play the game with you but you have to fight to get the treatment. My doctor fought with me and now I feel 99% better. Again DO NOT mess with it...Best of luck

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not busting chops, but what if his doctor can't see him til Thursday? Shouldn't he go to a company doctor anyway? Idk
You find another doctor to go to. Whether that be urgent care or a walk in clinic. Something. Yes going to your own doctor is fine, but I can tell you right now, when you tell them your back hurts and you waited a week they're not going to believe you. I know if I was in excruciating pain I'd find the nearest MD to get it straightened out.
Frigid was right
Never thought I'd see that.

rod

Retired 22 years
Chiropractors are nothing but quacks. They are not doctors and have no real science behind their practice.

You need to switch chiropractors if this is the way you feel about them. A good chiropractor can work miracles dealing with aches and pains.

MAKAVELI

You need to switch chiropractors if this is the way you feel about them. A good chiropractor can work miracles dealing with aches and pains.
When it comes to an actual injury, there's is absolutely nothing that a chiropractor does which would help that injury heal. They are more like a used car salesman trying to sell you a pos Yugo like it's a Ferrari.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Rub some dirt on it and keep working!

Plan B, is a happy ending to loosen everything up.