Hot Dogs...... ketchup or no?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I like Nathan's or Hebrew National on a toasted bun with mustard if I want a basic dog, I don't care for ketchup. If I want a loaded dog, I will go with chili, cheese, onions, and maybe some cole slaw. Chicago-style Dogs are good too.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Tell that to the waitress at a diner outside of Philly. My brother asked for grits and she told him he'd have to go south of the Mason Dixon line to get grits. Maryland IS south of the Mason Dixon line, thank you very much. :)
Southern is way of life ... not a political virtual line in the sand.
I think you could be a Southerner ... given time.
As for Brownslave , no way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upload_2016-1-10_6-6-51.jpeg

We call these Michigans. The ones in the picture would be with onions. You can get them with, without or buried, which is where they put the onions on the bun before the hot dog. I take mine without while my son likes his buried.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
No rules for me. If you want ketchup, fine. If you are a mustard only, fine. My favorite dog is wrapped in bacon, grilled, ballpark mustard, relish, sweet or Vidalia onion, and barbecue sauce. I also like chilli cheese dogs with onions and ballpark mustard finished under the broiler to melt the cheese.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The big debate here isn't mustard or ketchup but what kind of mustard. The Browns Stadium has Stadium Mustard while the Indians have Ballpark Mustard.