Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Doughnuts

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you ever get tired of being "rewarded" for your hard work with cheap food items like pizza and hot dogs? Whenever we reach some sort of milestone or hit a targeted goal, out come the crappy Costco-sourced burgers and dogs for a "spirited" station BBQ that nobody could give a fart about. Wowee!! We bust our humps and all we get for our efforts is an effing hot dog or doughnuts or some other meaningless "treat" that costs FedEx next to nothing.

How about skipping this crap altogether? Or of they're going to do it, at least bring-in some quality food instead of the school cafeteria grade garbage they provide now. Sometimes I feel like a second-grader dealing with these people, and now I realize that's how they view us! As little kids who get "motivated" by these shenaniganans. Do you know what motivates me? Money and opportunity, that's what. And where am I going to find either at this cheap-ass company? Nowhere.

Pretty soon we'll have to start paying for these BBQ's too, just like the pot-luck Christmas Parties and the like. And for you haters out there, this is the way FedEx did it before the current economic crisis. So they've always been cheap SOB's.

Ricochet1a

Well, it looks like the FedEx hamburger does indeed get its intended effect from some employees.

I can see it now, instead of a pay raise for the next 2 years, we all get a free FedEx supplied meal if we show up 10 minutes prior to our clock in time. Get a croissant and coffee for the AM or a burger and coke for the PM. They can have signage up in the break rooms, "FedEx Cares". A large poster with Fred's portrait can be posted alongside - like Chairman Mao's in Beijing.

On the otherhand, I shouldn't give suggestions like this, Fred might just make them policy. A $2 meal is cheaper than a 6% pay raise which will cost them $10+ a day per Courier.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I like Costco food.Its not garbage.Do you eat any of the food or are you that guy who refuses to take anything that Fedex gives out for free?

I'll take anything FedEx gives out for free. Unlike you, however, I refuse to consume the Kool-Aid. Like Ricochet1 said, the tactic has obviously reached it's target audience.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

, "FedEx Cares". A large poster with Fred's portrait can be posted alongside - like Chairman Mao's in Beijing.

ROFLMAO!! I never thought of it like that, but wow, it does appear to be hard core propaganda at work. (for the record, I AM one of those guys that doesn't usally take what's given, I want my money Fred, not a damn burger!)

Also, heard recently from a manager that BZ cashis making a comeback, only going to top out at about $50 a quarter per workgroup, to do with as the management pleases.

Washu234

So I was just in Charlotte this weekend and encountered a ramp worker when I was getting gas. He - like me - must be drinking the purple coolaid cause we're both pretty positive about FedEx.

Ha - Mr. FedEx your station sucks. My station gave us catered Chinese Food for our last christmas meal at the request of couriers. It was actually really good - I was very fearful of runs on the road - but I think Management was too which is why they gave us 'good' food.

Sure the little BBQs are silly but its always nice to get free stuff from FedEx. When we won DG for our region I had 6 hamburgers. Management about croaked but laughed when I retorted 'you know how much I make! Man's gotta eat!'.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So I was just in Charlotte this weekend and encountered a ramp worker when I was getting gas. He - like me - must be drinking the purple coolaid cause we're both pretty positive about FedEx.

Ha - Mr. FedEx your station sucks. My station gave us catered Chinese Food for our last christmas meal at the request of couriers. It was actually really good - I was very fearful of runs on the road - but I think Management was too which is why they gave us 'good' food.

Sure the little BBQs are silly but its always nice to get free stuff from FedEx. When we won DG for our region I had 6 hamburgers. Management about croaked but laughed when I retorted 'you know how much I make! Man's gotta eat!'.

Wouldn't you rather just have a check? If you did get the runs on the road it would have been "preventable" because you should have anticipated the hazards of eating Chinese food.

My station always has nice catered food for holidays and Costco BBQs.I love them and so do most of my co-workers.Sorry for you guys with crappy stations but my station takes care of its employees.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Wouldn't you rather just have a check? If you did get the runs on the road it would have been "preventable" because you should have anticipated the hazards of eating Chinese food.

Giving a check is not personable enough

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My station always has nice catered food for holidays and Costco BBQs.I love them and so do most of my co-workers.Sorry for you guys with crappy stations but my station takes care of its employees.

We have potlucks during the holidays, where we are totally responsible for our own food and drinks. A couple of times during the year we get the Costco burgers or dogs along with a soda pop...WOW!!

I'm glad you're so easily pacified, but BBQ's don't motivate me..money does. Hopefully, the majority of employees don't look at it the way you do, but they might. And that's scary.

SmithBarney

Hah after watching the frontline that stated we have more money for family days and bbq events... our managers said we only have $10 per person.... which if you call most catering companies is more than enough for 50 people they can usually feed you for about $5-7 per person. But they still solicit food from each person as a requirement..
as I sit after each event and watch them throw food away each time.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Our vultures (a.k.a. pm couriers..and the managers..lol) don't leave much. Our senior told us yesterday in an impropmptu meeting due to late freight, that we would get fed each day the week of Christmas. How many Jimmy Dean sausages do you get in a box??...lmao!

What a joke..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our vultures (a.k.a. pm couriers..and the managers..lol) don't leave much. Our senior told us yesterday in an impropmptu meeting due to late freight, that we would get fed each day the week of Christmas. How many Jimmy Dean sausages do you get in a box??...lmao!

What a joke..

All that late freight makes MT3's claims that they have it "under contol" even more laughable. Wait until the 21st or so...uh-oh.

SmithBarney

They finally announced our peak plan today... "we have no plan"
yup they said it, no plan.
No extra drivers, no helpers.. and planned 1.5hr delays through the week of peak.
due to Memphis and other sorts being under staffed due to layoffs last year.
Yeehaw!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They finally announced our peak plan today... "we have no plan"
yup they said it, no plan.
No extra drivers, no helpers.. and planned 1.5hr delays through the week of peak.
due to Memphis and other sorts being under staffed due to layoffs last year.
Yeehaw!

Brilliant. This is why we pay "them" such huge money. It's always easy to provide a superior customer experience and outstanding service when you leave the building at 0930 or so. Don't forget to drive safely and take your full breaks. What an effing joke.

Washu234

Really? What district are you in? Also... what layoffs dude? The 500 Management Positions? Shouldn't really affect operations that much.

My station had me start 2 hours early today and monday and they want me to also run starting Tuesday (9am Start + 9:30 End 1 hr break somewhere in there). I'm pretty pumped. Overtime city!