Hot enough for you?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
thank you atlantic ocean for the 50s,clouds, and constant puke/drizzle the past week.

Great working weather and that is about all there is to it.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Air conditioning is for wussies...it's 100+ here in Louisiana, where not only is it hot, it is also humid. It's virtually a steam room, just walking in the back of my PC makes me break out into a profuse sweat. I got questioned by a customer today when i was standing on his sprinkler system. She said i could stay as long as I wanted.:peaceful:
Louisiana has to be one of the worst states I have lived in as far as weather is concerned!! Even if it wasn't hot, the humidity just drowns you! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!:wink2:

Bring it on -------- we only get a couple of weeks of hot humid weather around here a year so it don't bother me--- even when I was working I didn't mind it. I would rather sweat than freeze any day.

I agree. I would rather sweat than freeze any day. But what do we care, we beat the system and we're retired!:happy2:

bigtoe1111

sheeze. i got a complaint for answering "not yet". but i did add "when it goes up about 10 degrees and the humidity rises 5 or 7% i'll be happy. lol. when someone calls you a smart-arse, smile, look directly into their eyes, and state "yes".

rod

Retired 22 years
It was 106 here yesterday with the humidity that made it very soupy. Heat index had it at 114, UGH.:knockedout:

Come to Florida, rod, we'll fix you right up.
Ha Ha Ha, you ain't kidding.

Aw-- it just seems like yesterday when you were rubbing it us northerners faces about how nice Florida weather is.:happy-very: When I was in the Army I spent June and July at Ft. Polk Louisiana and then was sent to Ft. Benning Georiga for August and September. That was enough of that "nice weather" for me.:peaceful: I spend a week every Aug. at the World of Outlaw races in Knoxville Iowa and it can get really muggy down there. A few years ago I was walking back to the campground after the races at 1:00 at night and the sign on the bank said it was still 91 degrees. ugh:sick:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I don't know what drove me more crazy,'is it hot enough for yah,'' ,or ''How are the roads '' all wintah!!! I just loved the :censored2: that would complain about walking out to his/her car to start the A.C or heat!!:angry::angry:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
OMG, I'll say. Thru Thursday they're saying. I don't care if it rains all this week as long as it's nice next week while I'm on vacation!

Me too!
I'm on vacation for that week and the next. I'm gonna visit Scratch and Hoax. Maybe you can work your way south.

Aw-- it just seems like yesterday when you were rubbing it us northerners faces about how nice Florida weather is.:happy-very: When I was in the Army I spent June and July at Ft. Polk Louisiana and then was sent to Ft. Benning Georiga for August and September. That was enough of that "nice weather" for me.:peaceful: I spend a week every Aug. at the World of Outlaw races in Knoxville Iowa and it can get really muggy down there. A few years ago I was walking back to the campground after the races at 1:00 at night and the sign on the bank said it was still 91 degrees. ugh:sick:
I still prefer this to winter weather, though I like to play in the snow and ice for about 2 weeks, tops.

Yesterday was the hottest day of our 2 week straight 90's+ weather and 100% humidity. Finally rained here today and now things are somewhat normal in the upper 80's low 90's and 100% humidity. I guess this is why there are no transfers at UPS. Everyone would move to their perfect weather state.:knockedout:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Someone asked me this today at lunch and I laughed out loud and then replied, " NO!! I like it when my skin blisters."

as a tribute to disneyworld's smartiebutt reply.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yesterday being the hottest day, along with the hot winds out of the west, I had a heck of a ride home. When asked if the wind kept me cool I replied, it felt like someone had a blow dryer on the high setting for 12.5 miles.

Dustyroads

It was 99 here today, but I have this little digital thermometer that I put on the shelf in section five. At 2:00 pm today it read 128 degrees.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
bigbrownhen said:
Then the next question.."You don't have air in that truck do you?" Gotta love it.

Sometimes when I hear that stupid remark, I'll say "Well I do have A/C, I just don't run it to save gas". Then they look at me like I have no sense.