Hour lunch break package drivers.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ours you put in the start time and then it asks you for the length, then it disables the diad for the period and counts down until the time is up complete with 5 minutes warning feature. You then enter your finish time to confirm your back on duty. Like I said no one ever uses 90 minute lunch. It also has 0 minute meal period for situations where you need a longer break like the 22.3 I mentioned above

So, since I'm sure a bunch of others want to know.......where are you located? I've never heard of this feature built into the DIAD.

MAKAVELI

At one time I had heard fedex ground locked their boards during lunch period
Not sure about ground as they routinely don't follow meal break laws or dot hos for that matter. We do at Express. Years back when we changed over to our first gen powerpad we were locked out for the duration of our meal break. There have been a few class action lawsuits in regards to working during our breaks and off the clock and this was done as a result of those lawsuits.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Is there any centers that deliver across state lines?
When my wife and I got married in Lake Tahoe, NV I noticed that all the UPS trucks had CA plates on them and were crossing the state line which was actually at the corner if the hotel we were staying at.

By The Book

In Northern California once you get to the break/ lunch section, you hit the time box or manually enter in your lunch start time. If you are taking an hour, which we can, at 5 minutes before lunch is over it beeps/ prompts you you have only 5 minutes left on lunch. Then when minutes has passed it beeps/ prompts you that meal period has expired. Big arrow up enter time go back to work. It's a cool feature if you need/ want to take a nap.

EmraldArcher

I split my break up into two or three parts (usually 3 twenty minute parts) because I can't stand sitting there doing nothing for an hour at a time.

OptimusPrime

We are required only to record a lunch. So one minute is fine. But being a swing driver, our management team almost demands a ten hour day. Very common to get done early, then have to call a driver and go get 10 stops. By the time you track him down, transfer the stops, and shoot the :censored2:, he would have already had them all done. When meeting the driver I'm usually greeted with "I don't know why they sent you, I was fine." I could take a lunch a possibly avoid helping other guys, but if I am going to be out there, might as well get paid for all of it. Every once in a while, someone falls asleep at the computer, and you sneak an 8 hour day. The puzzled looks and "what are you doing here?" remarks when you pull in.

wayfair

swollen member
Had a PCM about taking the full hour lunch the other day... talking about drivers clocking in and going to fill their ice buckets/chests on the clock..... That should be part of your meal period...
a driver asked about the guys that clock out for lunch and run stops off.. center manager wouldn't acknowledge that and reiterated the filling of ice chests/water jugs...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ours you put in the start time and then it asks you for the length, then it disables the diad for the period and counts down until the time is up complete with 5 minutes warning feature. You then enter your finish time to confirm your back on duty. Like I said no one ever uses 90 minute lunch. It also has 0 minute meal period for situaptions where you need a longer break like the 22.3 I mentioned above
SO weird how the software can be the same, but the features so different from place to place. We have none of that enabled. Like Dave said we go to a timecard screen and then to the breaks screen and just fill in the start and stop times for the breaks/lunch. No popup or options or warning alerts. Only alert we get is an auto generated alert 20 min before the first sched. pickup (just started in the last year) and 20 min before a commit time.