Hour lunch break package drivers.

oldngray

nowhere special
The company probably loves that 1 hour lunch because they know many drivers will work during that supposed hour break.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Bottom line, I don't trust them. Your only saving grace is going on the 9.5 list which the majority don't but they don't care how much they pay you as long as they can take a route out.

Our yearly pay raise = extra couple stops
New FOB bulkhead opener = new time studies = extra 5 stops each
Lunch is cut by 30 minutes = YOU GUESSED IT
they are just giving people more stops here..they arent even using the excuse of bulkhead door opener or virtual time study..we all know its bs

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The 9.5 list is irrelevant.

If you start at 8:30 AM and take a 30 min lunch, you hit 9.5 hours at 6:30. If you take a 60 min lunch, you hit 9.5 hours at 7:00. Your paid day is what it is, the only difference between a 30 and a 60 minute lunch is what time you get home to your family at night.

The forced hour lunch is nothing more than a tool that the company uses to get as many drivers as possible to work off of the clock. If we went back to the forced hour, the company would cut more routes out because they know that a significant percentage of the drivers would simply skip part of their lunch and work unpaid in order to avoid getting home at 9:00 at night, especially with the new 9.5 language. Do the math; if they can get 20 drivers on a 70-route center to skip even half of their forced hour lunch, that is 10 free hours of labor which is the equivalent of an entire route they can and will cut out. Allowing the drivers to choose between a 30 or 60 minute lunch takes away most of the motivation for working off of the clock and prevents the company from making dispatch decisions based upon a virtual guarantee of free labor.
some drivers skip their lunch AND breaks EVERYDAY..doesnt matter if its 30 minute lunch or hour lunch...this seems to be a huge issue nationwide..we are talking about many thousands of drivers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And I should clarify my position. I absolutely support the right of the driver to take a full hour lunch if he chooses to do so. But unless there are service issues such as late pickups, it should be up to the driver to choose the length of his lunch.
do you support the right of a driver to take NO lunch on a regular basis..there are many that are doing this exact thing

Coldworld

60 months and counting
so explain to me about punching out for lunch and then running stops off?
Our center manager couldn't/wouldn't answer

I fill my ice chest before start time btw
you would probably be surprised by the amount of people who do that during "lunch" or at least eat a sandwich and sort out their stops...another bs move.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
...if I need to get done early,but it has been a long time since I have done that...I change my pay code to 05 and work punch to punch...

Resident know-it-all.
do you notify management when you change your paycode??If no, look at what happen to that dude in nyc who change his start time after he was told he could by mgt...might see you on cnn beggin' for your job back.." we fired the 250 because it is the right thing to do for the customers"...what a joke

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
do you support the right of a driver to take NO lunch on a regular basis..there are many that are doing this exact thing
No.

We should take a minimum of half an hour lunch everday.

More importantly, however, we need to accurately and honestly enter whatever time we do take into the DIAD so that we are paid for all hours worked.

In other words...during peak when you arent taking a lunch at all, enter "lunch 12:00-12:00" in the DIAD. Same deal goes if your kid has a ball game or you have a flight to catch or some other truly urgent need to get done early. I'm not condoning the practice of skipping lunch; all I'm saying is to be honest.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No.

We should take a minimum of half an hour lunch everday.

More importantly, however, we need to accurately and honestly enter whatever time we do take into the DIAD so that we are paid for all hours worked.

In other words...during peak when you arent taking a lunch at all, enter "lunch 12:00-12:00" in the DIAD. Same deal goes if your kid has a ball game or you have a flight to catch or some other truly urgent need to get done early. I'm not condoning the practice of skipping lunch; all I'm saying is to be honest.
and that doesnt mean doing it while driving out to your route like some of these bozos have done..what the hell