Hour Yourself Out ASAP

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A great Peak strategy is always to max yourself out on hours as soon as possible very week. Since management is both incompetent ad overwhelmed, it is fairly simple to get 60 hours and become unavailable. Of course, we'll see how they decide to deal with "policy" when the feces really hits he fan. I predict that Christmas Day will be mandatory if you have available hours, and since it falls on a Wednesday this year, almost everyone won't be able to "hour out". Better have your "religious objections" or other valid reason in play right now, because I'm thinking that this will be the first year where they make everyone work it.

So, if you want to have any holiday at all, hour out in the weeks before Christmas and spend some time with your family...or just chilling out.

Rhoderunner

We are signing up volunteers for Christmas day already. There is also whispers of running on Sunday the 22nd. I will do neither thank you !!!!

A great Peak strategy is always to max yourself out on hours as soon as possible very week. Since management is both incompetent ad overwhelmed, it is fairly simple to get 60 hours and become unavailable. Of course, we'll see how they decide to deal with "policy" when the feces really hits he fan. I predict that Christmas Day will be mandatory if you have available hours, and since it falls on a Wednesday this year, almost everyone won't be able to "hour out". Better have your "religious objections" or other valid reason in play right now, because I'm thinking that this will be the first year where they make everyone work it.

So, if you want to have any holiday at all, hour out in the weeks before Christmas and spend some time with your family...or just chilling out.

!Retired!

A great Peak strategy is always to max yourself out on hours as soon as possible very week. Since management is both incompetent ad overwhelmed, it is fairly simple to get 60 hours and become unavailable.
During PEAK you can go to 70 hours. Theoretically, you can punch in at 0600 and punch out at 2000 with a 30 minute break each day and have 67.5 hours on Friday night.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
During PEAK you can go to 70 hours. Theoretically, you can punch in at 0600 and punch out at 2000 with a 30 minute break each day and have 67.5 hours on Friday night.
Not at my station. We get messages ALL day ad nauseum telling us that there WILL be discipline for anyone going over 12 hours, and also for not taking a break if going over 8.

Doc Sorting Dude

We have a warning about going over our "HOS" Hours-of-Service. If you go over 14 hours you will get a reprimand. Our SM said to us this week, if it looks like you'll violate the HOS, bring all deliveries back rather than getting that letter. I can live with that.

!Retired!

Not at my station. We get messages ALL day ad nauseum telling us that there WILL be discipline for anyone going over 12 hours, and also for not taking a break if going over 8.
I did say theoretically. In reality, a long day would be around 12 hours. 0540 punch in, 30 minute break, 1800-1830 punch out. Our SM doesn't care how many hours you work in a day, as long as you DO NOT go over 14 punch in to punch out and you are working the whole time (excluding your lunch and 28/29's).

cancan

I seriously doubt this company would try a mandatory Christmas Day. I'm not saying its impossible. But I think they know that nobody would come in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I did say theoretically. In reality, a long day would be around 12 hours. 0540 punch in, 30 minute break, 1800-1830 punch out. Our SM doesn't care how many hours you work in a day, as long as you DO NOT go over 14 punch in to punch out and you are working the whole time (excluding your lunch and 28/29's).

What are 28/29's?

Express Courier

It's in any state that requires them. Such as in CA. Doesn't matter which division.
We don't even enter the 28/29 anymore, they told us no need to enter it now. (probably about a year ago they did away with it) They say just take a 10 min break whenever we feel like it and don't enter it. I don't recall the reasoning behind that change though.

Maui

We don't even enter the 28/29 anymore, they told us no need to enter it now. (probably about a year ago they did away with it) They say just take a 10 min break whenever we feel like it and don't enter it. I don't recall the reasoning behind that change though.

It was the result of a lawsuit in CA. Brinker v Superior Court that loosened the rest break requirements.