hours question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gdm123, Jul 9, 2008.

1. gdm123

gdm123 New Member

my question is if your route is supposed to take 9.5 hours and you take say 11 hours to do it do you get paid for the extra hour and a half at an overtime rate or straight pay or not at all, because i know with the post office if your route is supposed to take 8 hours and you take 10 you only get paid for 8, and i was wondering if ups was the same way

2. drewed

drewed Shankman

you get paid ot

3. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

You get paid for what time you are on the clock. Everything after 8 hours per day is overtime @time and a half.

4. speeddemon

speeddemon Guest

OT baby, everything over 8 hours a day.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Punch to punch less lunch and break, which for us is 45 and 10 min, respectively.

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

OT after 8 including breaks. Western Conference gets paid breaks (1/2 hr). Not a paid lunch though (1/2hr).

7. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

Im in western and I only get two paid 10 minute breaks :( three if I work late enough.

8. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

You can always move to AZ. LOL

9. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Or California. And what up with the Postal Union that allows its workers to work over 8 hours at straight time? I now understand why I see this one carrier always running. Serious, he is always running. And "going postal" has a new meaning to me now. Not paid OT after 8 hours of work? That's just not right.

10. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

And can you imagine what UPS would do with our time allowances if we were only paid what the route "should" be done in? Every single route would be an 8 hour time allowance.

11. OldUPSDriver

OldUPSDriver New Member

Helen, could the postal carrier you saw be a contractor?? Where I live the carriers in rural areas are contractors and I don't think they get OT.