Hours Worked!!!! Beware All

paidslave

I made 1.50 bonus total last week and it was calculated into my total hours worked. If What your saying is true why would they count bonus as hours worked when I didn't really work that extra 1.50?

Wow, I really feel sorry for all those bonus drivers. Wonder if any will ever retire!

J

JonFrum

Skippy262,

We won't get any where until you post the actual contract language, if it exists. Here's the New England Supplement language:

Article 68 – Health and Welfare
Section 1

(a) The Health and Welfare Funds which have been established by prior agreement between the Employer and the Union shall be continued in effect without interruption, except as further provided herein.

(b) Commencing with the first day of August, 1993 and for the duration of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement and any renewals or extensions thereof, the Employer agrees to make payments to the respective Health and Welfare Funds for each and every employee performing work within the scope of and/or covered by this Collective Bargaining Agreement whether such employee is a seniority, probationary, or casual employee irrespective of his status as a member or nonmember of the Local Union from the first hour of employment subject to this Collective Bargaining Agreement as follows.

It then goes on to spell out that contributions are to be made for all paid hours including vacations, holidays, etc.. Same for pension contributions in Article 69. [This language isn't online, so I can't quote it easily.]

Your H&W Fund and Pension Fund also have strict rules for determining what kinds of hours require contributions. It's probably spelled out in their plan documents on their websites.

Pension plans normally give partial year credit (months of credit) for anyone who doesn't get the required minimum number of contribution hours per year. In the New England Teamsters and Trucking Industry Pension Fund its 1800 hours. A figure a full-timer would meet on Veterans Day if he received at least 40 hours pay per week every week. There's also a part-time pension that pays half the benefit of a full-time pension and requires 830 hours per year.

Are you full-time or part-time? What H&W and Pension plans are you in? What Supplement are you covered by?
- - - - -
Incidentally, in New England, our vacations are a minimum of 40 hours for full-timers, 20 hours for part-timers, and prorated for anyone who averages more that those minimums during the previous year. (You get 1/52nd of your previous year's gross annual pay for each week of vacation.)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I don't understand this guys math skills or his lack of showing where it says that in the contract.
If there really is a big issue. Have your local express it to higher ups in the union.
But from where I stand, It doesnt look like you fully comprehend the contract language

tieguy

Banned
This is one of those times where skippy, his shop "stewart" and his BA should think about getting out of the union business.:happy-very:

Skippy262

I don't think your comment is necessary. We are here to try and help each other. the contract says:
Article 34
(i) UPS part time pension plan
P/t employees will recieve (1) yr of credited service for 750 hrs or more paid hrs. (Six months of p/t credited service will be granted for 375-500 HOURS WORKED in a calander yr, and 9 months of p/t credited service will be granted for 501-749 HOURS WORKED in a calander yr.this paragraph will also be applied to determine CREDITED SERVICE for ALL FULL TIME EMPLOYEES on the payroll on Aug 1, 2002.who were formerly participants in the UPS Pension Plan.

If you're looking at a "service pension" ( 30 and out ) then you only need to get credit for 40 weeks to get credit for the year, and only need to work 1 hour in a week to get credit for that week....

Skippy262

That's what "HOURS WORKED" MEANS. I have already gone over all of these numbers with both the BA, the Shop STEWARD. THE HALL is now scrambling to get in front of this I am being told before they have a revolt from every dues paying member.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I have just spent several days going over this with our shop stewart seems we are all going to have big problems. I have figured out that under the new agreement everyone of us will never be able to get to the maximum retiremement benefit which we all think we might someday be able to enjoy. After I brought this to our shop stewart he in turn took it to the hall and they are all scrambling to see how to get this reversed.
Hours worked are now being calculated in your paystubs and there is a reason for it.
All heath and welfare and retirement contributitions are calculated under "HOURS WORKED".
Here are the figures they are based on 40 hr. work week (because overtime is not garanteed)
52 weeks/ yr x 40 hrs= 2080 total hrs
6 sickdays lost 240 48 hrs based on taking 1 at a time total left 1840 2032 hrs
6 holidays (weeks) lost 240 hrs
time total left 1600 1792 hrs
1 wk option lost 40 hrs
total time left 1560 1752 hrs
need 1650 hrs to get 1 year retirement accredited you are short over/+ 90 102 hrs.
4 weeks vac. lost 160 hrs
total short 250 hrs=you need to work 5.20 hrs o/t every week or you will never get the 1650 hrs needed.
5 weeks vac. 200 hrs
total short 290 hrs=you need to work 6.17 hrs o/t every week to get to 1650 hrs. or no credit.
6 weeks vac. 240 hrs
total short 330 hrs.= you need to work 7.17 hrs o/t every week or you get no credit.
This is not acceptable that our Union has agreed to this and we the working/ dues paying teamsters are now stuck with this agreement.
Does that look better?
It's STEWARD not Stewart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that irritates me! :biting:
I'm just going to change my name to Stuart/Stewart when I make steward.

Pip

Not that it really matters, but just took a vacation week the 1st of the year. On my check it also has been changed to "hours worked", and My vacation hours were added to "hours worked". the week between Christmas and New years I took a couple personal days, and that was added towards "hours worked". Guess it might possibly depend on where your at. But here it was put towards my yearly totals.

Just my to 2 cents.