How are the Friday hours for part time unloaders?

javamonsoon

I just started working in the trucks on Monday, and have heard that Fridays are usually short. I work the day shift, and was just wondering what time on average I would finish on Fridays. Thanks!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Generally speaking, on Fridays you will have a later start time (where allowed), be given more work to do, with fewer coworkers. Expect to finish much later.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I just started working in the trucks on Monday, and have heard that Fridays are usually short. I work the day shift, and was just wondering what time on average I would finish on Fridays. Thanks!

When they say that Fridays are usually short the probably mean short handed. A lot of people get sick on Friday.

PT Car Washer

Normally the twi sort on Fridays are light because pick ups are lighter. Later start time. Give workers by seniority the option of staying and working or starting the weekend early. Then we are short handed and sups end up working and getting done early. Most don't even make their 3 1/2 hour guarantee.

Thanks for the support! :villagewrong:
You have to understand about 95% quit. It's nothing personal. Out of the twenty something in my original orientation class there are two of us left. I hope you make it big at ups but you are already looking to get out of stuff. You actually took the time to find a ups forum so you could get out of work. Nice work.