How are your volumes??

Discussion in 'UPS Cartage Services, Inc.' started by Cartage man, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Cartage man

Cartage man New Member

Ive notice volume wayyyy down at our center what about the rest of you how are things looking??

2. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Very slow.

All I seem to be delivering and picking up is ocean freight. ( Shipments starting with the 776 number series. )

Could it be that Ocean Freight is keeping us a float?

Would we sink with out Ocean Freight?

3. nosupport4u

nosupport4u New Member

It must vary by location, but Air Freight seems to be continuing to dwarf Ocean freight in Chicago. Both seem to be doing alright up here.

4. Cartage man

Cartage man New Member

Interesting, our ocean is very little seems to me that doing the mail in the morning and second day, deffered, and international stuff we truck to LA is whats keeping us afloat.

5. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Your doing the mail....just like in the Menlo / Emery days?

6. Cartage man

Cartage man New Member

We never did mail until ups bought us,now we get about 3-5 positions in the morning the dock guys scan each piece of mail then we rotate helping them throw the mail into those mail carts, while that is going on some drivers are loading trucks, then after a while the drivers who were doing the mail load their trucks etc At about 830 the mail truck shows up and we roll all them carts into the truck then we start our routes. The word is the company is getting $7.50 for each piece of mail scanned.

7. UPSMGMNT

UPSMGMNT Finance Supervisor

In my hub its about 70K packages on a daily basis.

8. NY11725

NY11725 New Member

23k right now daily, some days being maybe a little more...but has not passed 26k in a while

9. Loufan

Loufan New Member

Last monday it was 280k, it's usually around 220k on a Monday. We have our busy days and our light days. I'd say we're doing about the same volume as we always have been.

10. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Our volume is up, about 2-3k a day over the last 4-5 months. Average about 30k inbound.

11. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

If this is true, this sounds like a great stream of revenue. Let's hope it never goes away.

12. Air Volume is over Projections. Like 125K a night over 110K projected. Don't hold me to it, but if you want to start a V thread, I'll submit Air every day. Next week though.

13. DustinM

DustinM New Member

air volume in columbia,sc was huge last night(dont have an exact number) but they had to bring some of their trailers over to the ground hub so we could unload them. ground volume isn't that great. I think we had 90k last night about a week ago It was 220k (record for our hubs' history)

14. Mr Jingles

Mr Jingles Rat out of a cage

What constitutes a "piece of Mail"?
    Must be thousands of letters or a pallet of packages for that per piece price.

15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Our hub had an OK peak.

It was clearly carried by LLBean. That account must have added around 50k per day to our volume.

Last peak, the average day was around 400-550k packages. This peak was around 100k more per day!, 500-700k avg. I attribute this to LLBean and a slightly better economy.

16. brownsince76

brownsince76 New Member

Two weeks after peak and were running 1.8 mil a day