How bad will it get after this years SFA?

ManInBrown

Right now, I have the BEST manager I have ever had in my over twenty years at FedEx. My manager actually CARES whether his people are happy or not. He does his best to get hours for his people. The Sr is pretty awesome too. My conscience won't allow me to be anything but fair to the two of them. They earned it.They have no control over what stupidity comes down from the ivory towers. FedEx, on the other hand, has earned "totally disagree" all the way to the end of the survey.

My manager is not well liked. He/she is a liar. (I am saying he/she because I want to be ultra careful to not identify myself. I know its a longshot that by saying one or the other would make a difference but I just want to be cautious). He/she gets caught constantly lying to couriers about anything and everything. Well he/she is also a manager who likes to pull this line out on employees when they complain about pay and wait to get to top pay. "Well if you were topped out what would you have to look forward too?" LOL. So a couple weeks ago an employee complained about not getting a raise this year and this manager replied with "It's a good thing you aren't getting a raise. The next raise in October will be for double the amount since they skipped one". Just a despicable human being.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Right now, I have the BEST manager I have ever had in my over twenty years at FedEx. My manager actually CARES whether his people are happy or not. He does his best to get hours for his people. The Sr is pretty awesome too. My conscience won't allow me to be anything but fair to the two of them. They earned it.They have no control over what stupidity comes down from the ivory towers. FedEx, on the other hand, has earned "totally disagree" all the way to the end of the survey.

Don't take it. That way you aren't burning your managers and still sending MEM a message how hard they suck.

SmithBarney

"operational needs:" Don't take it, about half of our STA won't be taking it. Your Manager and SR got their raise didn't they? You didn't get yours... but then again you have 20+ yrs in the system you've "GOT YOURS" so you really don't care about anyone else anyway right? Now try imagining yourself making about 1/2 of what you make now, now reconsider your view on the SFA.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
"operational needs:" Don't take it, about half of our STA won't be taking it. Your Manager and SR got their raise didn't they? You didn't get yours... but then again you have 20+ yrs in the system you've "GOT YOURS" so you really don't care about anyone else anyway right? Now try imagining yourself making about 1/2 of what you make now, now reconsider your view on the SFA.

You presume much. You have no idea how I feel about you guys not being top pay. I think it is totally unfair to you and I would say so to any manager. Plus, you have no idea where I am on the pay range. I've noticed that some of you love to jump on anyone who comes on here and might not totally agree with everything you say. You are directing your anger in the wrong direction. I am not the enemy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My manager is not well liked. He/she is a liar. (I am saying he/she because I want to be ultra careful to not identify myself. I know its a longshot that by saying one or the other would make a difference but I just want to be cautious). He/she gets caught constantly lying to couriers about anything and everything. Well he/she is also a manager who likes to pull this line out on employees when they complain about pay and wait to get to top pay. "Well if you were topped out what would you have to look forward too?" LOL. So a couple weeks ago an employee complained about not getting a raise this year and this manager replied with "It's a good thing you aren't getting a raise. The next raise in October will be for double the amount since they skipped one". Just a despicable human being.

Now THIS the kind of manager I would give an awful SFA to in a heartbeat, and HAVE.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Well he/she is also a manager who likes to pull this line out on employees when they complain about pay and wait to get to top pay. "Well if you were topped out what would you have to look forward too?" LOL..
here's an idea. Lock your manager in the trunk of an old abandoned automobile. Tell him/her it'll only be for a month or so. Provide just enough food and water to survive. When manager complains, just tell him/her "well if I didn't do this what would you have to look forward to?"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
here's an idea. Lock your manager in the trunk of an old abandoned automobile. Tell him/her it'll only be for a month or so. Provide just enough food and water to survive. When manager complains, just tell him/her "well if I didn't do this what would you have to look forward to?"

The "You won't have anything to look forward to" line is official corporate speak. I have heard this so often from so many different managers that it absolutely has to be their standardized response to no raises, low raises, 25-year topouts etc. Pathetic.

overflowed

The "You won't have anything to look forward to" line is official corporate speak. I have heard this so often from so many different managers that it absolutely has to be their standardized response to no raises, low raises, 25-year topouts etc. Pathetic.

It is for sure. This is a learned behavior just like monkeys throwing skittles at the people watching them at the zoo. I feel for and understand the monkeys.

hypo hanna

I like my ops mgr as a person but I still see no reason to take the survey. If I have anything to say to him, I go in his office and tell him. We don't need any vague questions open to any interpretation to discuss issues.
If he is dinged because employees refuse to take the SFA then that's between him and his manager. I suspect there is going to be a lot of employees not participating this year so he will have plenty of company.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

What they meant was, since it was a big fat goose egg, double of nothing is still nothing. I have a fifth grader so word problems are easy right now...lol

I look at it this way. Management is always referring to themselves as a management "team"....therefore I shall not discriminate and judge ALL management as a "team". My SFA will take as long as it takes me to tab all the over to the right as fast as I can.

hypo hanna

rumor has it, if you don't take th SFA this year you will be listed... Basically targeted for termination
They can target you for wearing the wrong color socks. It's the making it stick part that gets tricky. One thing they can't do is write you up for not taking it.

I take thT back...they can write you up for not taking the SFA but you can beat it with no problems.

SmithBarney

I take thT back...they can write you up for not taking the SFA but you can beat it with no problems.

Actually, we were told by our senior, that SFA is completely optional, of course this was followed by "but your managers review and raise depends on it", yeah I'd hate for him to miss a car payment, the corvette looks nice parked in the lot.