How bad?

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
They mentioned something about Amazon pumping in extra and they "knew it was coming" yet we still got spanked with our pants down.

Silly, 3rd over 9/5 this week, think with this check ill buy me something shiny that goes boom...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
And why I continue to show up at my scheduled start time, especially when our panic'ed PT sup comes around and verbally tells me that I need to come in early the next day. Good luck with THAT!! And don't text me a new start time unless it is a company paid for cell phone...

Again, lack of planning on their part does not constitute and emergency on my part. And will likely present many revenue opportunities for my fellow union members when supervisors start working - more than usual. :wink2:

Mr Cynic remember the words you posted here when you call UPS and tell them you will be late because of your other job....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Peak is going to be real interesting. I hope we hire a boatload of seasonals. Problem is no one inside wants to do seasonal and off the street hires usually quit a week or two in.

laffter

On Wednesday, my belt had 19 routes, a "buff" (18-footer?), and a trailer- 6300 pieces (15000+ for the center). Some of the routes were pretty light. Today (Thursday), routes were heavier, and they added two more to the belt. I'm eager to see what the volume ended up being. I don't remember this happening last year.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Pretty damn light, surprisingly. I was worried all week - when is the **** going to hit the fan - but it hasn't. Yet.

Buck Fifty

Mr Cynic remember the words you posted here when you call UPS and tell them you will be late because of your other job....

....and if I waz at your center, I would prove you couldn't do two ****z about it. Crawl back in your hole. Remember the fetal position don't you. center manager lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

We have been very heavy also all week. We were told it had something to do with the train derailment or something. Anyone else hear this?

Brownslave688

Well after 19:00? Shoot 19:00 would be a decent day. After 20:30 is a long day lol. It's Friday I fully expect to be just slammed. Anything before 7:30 will be a good day as far as I am concerned.

cynic

Hate to put your fire out Dr. Dragon but if an earlier start time is posted after the contractual posting deadline then why would I bother to call saying I'm late? I'm showing up at my scheduled start time and if you or any other fire-breathing management types can fetch me a steward and pound sand if you take issue with complying with the verbiage in the contract.

And I did remember my words - I helped my fellow union members file grievances for supervisors working every day this week. Bless the sweat on their polo shirted little brows. Again, lack of planning (and communicating) on management's part does not constitute an emergency on the part of hourly workers.

:rain: There goes your fire Dr. Dragon. Hope you're not sitting by the phone. Even if your center's phone number is 867-5309. :happy-very:

oldngray

nowhere special
Here the start times are posted on Friday for the next week. If they try to call you in early you get OT for the time worked before your scheduled start time ( not a big deal since everyone also works OT at end of day also so really makes little difference) - but can't force you to start earlier. They can't start you later unless its something like an act of God.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I hate being the bad guy .
Same day pick ups should be cancelled .
The 800 number informs everyone that between 7:30 & 8:00 pm , their parcels will be waiting for them at the Customer Counter .
However since most drivers do not return until well after 9 PM , it is up to me to tell these customers just how badly UPS sucks .
Why should I be the only one who speaks truthfully , only to be told by some customer that they were promised something differently ?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
1378475006089.jpgLast in Thursday and Fri. Im sure this will be called under dispatched tho.
1378475006089.jpg

Brownslave688

Well after 19:00? Shoot 19:00 would be a decent day. After 20:30 is a long day lol. It's Friday I fully expect to be just slammed. Anything before 7:30 will be a good day as far as I am concerned.

I was right. Clocked out around 9:30. Didn't even have enough trucks for the routes that were in. Air drivers and all seasonals were brought in to run routes. I'm not rocket scientist but I think it's time to hire a few drivers.

jaker

trolling
I was right. Clocked out around 9:30. Didn't even have enough trucks for the routes that were in. Air drivers and all seasonals were brought in to run routes. I'm not rocket scientist but I think it's time to hire a few drivers.
I think we will see a bunch of new hires after the contract is done