How Big Is The US Debt?

moreluck

golden ticket member
2jdi1w8.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Umm... I dont know if you bothered to understand what EXACTLY that means for people making less than 100K, but it works out to approximately 48 bucks a month or better yet, 12 bucks a week.

Hardly an increase that will KILL any family making less than 450K.

We all need to pay our share into social security, and that 48 bucks does just that. If you are against this, then you should NEVER sign up for social security.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was really losing sleep over this fiscal cliff fiasco......so glad that $59 million will go to the algae growers and millions also to the makers of electric motorcycles. Bothaffect such a large percent of citizens.......:knockedout:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe all the senate members are graduates of the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading School!!!

(CNSNews.com)The U.S. Senate voted 89-8 to approve legislation to avoid the fiscal cliff despite having only 3 minutes to read the 154-page bill and budget score.

Multiple Senate sources have confirmed to CNSNews.com that senators received the bill at approximately 1:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2013 – a mere three minutes before they voted to approve it at 1:39 AM.

The bill is 154-pages and includes several provisions that are unrelated to the fiscal cliff, including repealing a section of ObamaCare, extending the wind-energy tax credit, and a rum tax subsidy deal for Puerto Rican rum makers.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Umm... I dont know if you bothered to understand what EXACTLY that means for people making less than 100K, but it works out to approximately 48 bucks a month or better yet, 12 bucks a week.

We all need to pay our share into social security, and that 48 bucks does just that. If you are against this, then you should NEVER sign up for social security.

Peace

TOS
yes we do, and only a numbskull thought the tax cut OBAMA gave us by cutting our ss taxes was a good thing. I never agreed with it. He had to convince people that he was giving them a break, and I guess 50+% of us thought that was a good thing. I did not. I remember my former daughter in law, a teacher saying, "well I got 60 more dollars in my check" this month. DUBBED.

bbsam

Staff member
Then please explain to me why when Bush did it it was a good thing. I remember getting a letter in the mail from the IRS telling me that soon I would be receiving in the mail a refund check. Still don't know why they just didn't send the check and call it good.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace

TOS
Via Bloomberg News:
The budget deal passed by the U.S. Senate today would raise taxes on 77.1 percent of U.S. households, mostly because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut, according to preliminary estimates from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington.

More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said.

A 2 percent payroll tax cut, enacted during the economic slowdown, is being allowed to expire as of yesterday.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Via Bloomberg News:
The budget deal passed by the U.S. Senate today would raise taxes on 77.1 percent of U.S. working households, mostly because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut, according to preliminary estimates from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington.

More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said.

A 2 percent payroll tax cut, enacted during the economic slowdown, is being allowed to expire as of yesterday.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Congress and our government disgust me . The amount of PORK in the fiscal cliff bill and the Hurricane "Sandy" relief bill are astounding.We elected these people to be responsible. Money for Nascar ? Upgraded offices for Goldman Sachs ? Algae farmers ? It must have been a pretty big storm reaching out from the east coast to get $150 Million for Alaskan Fisheries !!! WTF I will just go back to working my two jobs and try to make ends meet while these ass h-les pick my pockets dry.

over9five

Staff member
Congress and our government disgust me . The amount of PORK in the fiscal cliff bill and the Hurricane "Sandy" relief bill are astounding.We elected these people to be responsible. Money for Nascar ? Upgraded offices for Goldman Sachs ? Algae farmers ? It must have been a pretty big storm reaching out from the east coast to get $150 Million for Alaskan Fisheries !!! WTF I will just go back to working my two jobs and try to make ends meet while these ass h-les pick my pockets dry.
DON'T WORRY!!! Obama promised not to sign any bills loaded with pork.
I believe him.