How big is your center?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why only one year that sound like a route I would love to have.

The big telecom company that shipped over 100 airs per day was going away, and the drive home in the winter was brutal.

It isn't nearly as gravy now. Otherwise, I would have retired on it.

grizbiker

We have eight drivers and six routes run every day. The two in town routes run between 100-150 miles a day. The four rural routes run over 200 hundred miles a day.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
My current hub has 2 centers (was 3 before they cut managers) We cover roughly...170 square miles. We have 4 or 5 drivers that average 300 miles. My former Hub (Portland) has 7 centers now as I understand it and covers roughly 80 sq miles...that's a pretty dense 80 miles.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My current hub has 2 centers (was 3 before they cut managers) We cover roughly...170 square miles. We have 4 or 5 drivers that average 300 miles. My former Hub (Portland) has 7 centers now as I understand it and covers roughly 80 sq miles...that's a pretty dense 80 miles.
It's 6400 miles...........

brett636

CACH covers all!!!!!!

Bow to our majesty!!!!

Lol, the only building I have been too that can take 20 minutes to get from one side to the other.

Being in feeders I can't comment on "center" coverage. My building has 3 centers in it, and is the central location for most of the feeder work in my state. 280+ feeder drivers alone.

Pronkie1

I work at the Van Nuys So Cal building as a porter....There are three centers and they cover from Universal Studios to the east to Malibu to the south to Calabasas to the west and to Porter Ranch to the north....In between all that is the big San Fernando Valley.....There are just two shifts at this building Preload and twilight.....Guessing probably 45-50 drivers each center.....

tre305

Don't know the numbers. I just know our cut off line is middle coral gables to the north all the way south to Florida city. Everything east to the ocean between that is ours and we go as far west as into the beginning of the everglades.

A good 80 cars on a good day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
thank you for the replies! some more info about my center I should have added: 45ish cars daily and I think there are about 60 drivers total. I cannot even imagine working the buildings some of you guys do. We run about 4000miles per day total. I run the shortest route, 28-32 miles. Our longest run is 350ish. We have 5 satellite routes I think. That's about it I can think of off the top of my head. Keep em coming

out of curiousity how many pickups and deliveries do you do with only that little of miles??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The delivery area in my center is bordered on the east by Lake Champlain, on the north by Canada and about 60 miles to the west and south of the building. We deliver all of Clinton and Essex County and the bulk of Franklin County.

do any U.S. centers cross the border and deliver in canada?

Alleycar

I don't think a center could cross the border with deliveries due to customs. We deliver an amazing amount each day to a store on the US side of the border that receives pkgs for canadians that come across and get their things. 800pcs a day last peak.