How can I get a UPS driver terminated???

over9five

Staff member
I suspect that the woman and the UPS driver are very much in love.

And the OP is a jealous ex looking for a way to break them up.

And most of you are throwing the driver under the bus for something a troll has to say. Shame on you!

AlwaysAnnoyed

Thank you all for the feedback. Per the suspicion of recent posts:

There is no separate agenda between myself or my friend. Sorry, but there is no past relationship between anyone, and no “getting back” at anyone is going on.

My friend has attempted to be firm yet polite in reminding the driver to not come in the place of business when no packages are to be delivered. He agrees for a few days then goes back to the same routine. On more than one occasion she has stopped him again and asked “Did I not tell you three days ago to not loiter in my place of business?” which he acknowledges, apologizes, then leaves. After about a week he repeats the behavior pattern all over again. There are lots of UPS shipments in the area so his deliveries may be legitimate 3 days a week, but even when he is delivering a package he just “hangs out” and tries to start a conversation with her or inject himself into a private discussion with her clients (several clients have indicated he should be reported to UPS).

A different business did send an official complaint to UPS and get this: The driver brought the written reprimand into my friend’s place of business asking if she had anything to do with it. She did not, but is pretty sure she knows which business did. The fact his behavior has not changed and his going back to who he thought was the “accuser” has her very concerned that a complaint from her will only add fuel to the fire of this driver.

The driver has always been “odd” for these past couple years and any individual infraction does not merit termination. It is this driver’s ongoing attempt at creating some meaningful relationship – regardless of her rebuffs – which is what she wants to stop. I think she would be just as happy with him being reassigned to a different route so he can keep his job. Filing an official complaint to get him fired will ruin his UPS career and could possibly make him go “postal”, neither of which she wants.

Thanks again for your posts – keep ‘em coming.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Thank you all for the feedback. Per the suspicion of recent posts:

There is no separate agenda between myself or my friend. Sorry, but there is no past relationship between anyone, and no “getting back” at anyone is going on.

My friend has attempted to be firm yet polite in reminding the driver to not come in the place of business when no packages are to be delivered. He agrees for a few days then goes back to the same routine. On more than one occasion she has stopped him again and asked “Did I not tell you three days ago to not loiter in my place of business?” which he acknowledges, apologizes, then leaves. After about a week he repeats the behavior pattern all over again. There are lots of UPS shipments in the area so his deliveries may be legitimate 3 days a week, but even when he is delivering a package he just “hangs out” and tries to start a conversation with her or inject himself into a private discussion with her clients (several clients have indicated he should be reported to UPS).

A different business did send an official complaint to UPS and get this: The driver brought the written reprimand into my friend’s place of business asking if she had anything to do with it. She did not, but is pretty sure she knows which business did. The fact his behavior has not changed and his going back to who he thought was the “accuser” has her very concerned that a complaint from her will only add fuel to the fire of this driver.

The driver has always been “odd” for these past couple years and any individual infraction does not merit termination. It is this driver’s ongoing attempt at creating some meaningful relationship – regardless of her rebuffs – which is what she wants to stop. I think she would be just as happy with him being reassigned to a different route so he can keep his job. Filing an official complaint to get him fired will ruin his UPS career and could possibly make him go “postal”, neither of which she wants.

Thanks again for your posts – keep ‘em coming.

OK we understand this.

There's nothing else to say. Call the phone # for conduct issues, write a formal letter to corporate, try to contact the Division Manager. Any of these these should help the situation.

Why should we keep the posts coming? There's your answers.

I knew a woman on my old package car route that had a driver always hit on her. She got even in one of the most horrifying ways known to man,she married him.

(Disclaimer: Cachsux is able to be such a smartass because Mrs. Cachsux is out of town on business. Any attempts to connect him to this post will be vehemently denied.)

moreluck

golden ticket member
If, in fact, all this stuff is going on, your friend knows already (in her gut) what she HAS to do. Just do it !!

Mike Hawk

Restraining order, UPS will have to honor that and have a different driver do that stop or move him to a different route. We have one driver that was kicked off a route for staring at boobies, and on his current route there are a few businesses that he is not welcome in and the neighboring drivers have to break to do their PU/Del's.

browned out

Restraining order, UPS will have to honor that and have a different driver do that stop or move him to a different route. We have one driver that was kicked off a route for staring at boobies, and on his current route there are a few businesses that he is not welcome in and the neighboring drivers have to break to do their PU/Del's.

YEP the Conan O'brien skit is not a training video. If you were a shirt with an arrow pointing down with " I got your package right here lady on it"; you will be disciplined

john346

No more Brown!
Break out the video camera, or seems like everyone has a recording device on their cell phone. Record this guy at his antics. If this alone doesn't cause him to stop, then your evidence for whomever, management, you tube, etc certainly will get him to quit bothering her. But with all due respect, this has occurred fro 3 years? That seems pretty tolerant.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Hard not to stare with today's office attire. Many are hanging out begging to be admired. Where does this driver find the time to loiter? I can't find time to take a leak.

705red

Browncafe Steward
She should just go ahead and have horrible sex with him already. I mean horrible the worst hes ever had and than he will probably just move on. yet again we are men and any sex is good sex!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
U men are so bad. Seriously if it was a problem it would have been dealt with outside of browncafe.
If I was having a problem with the uhm lets say Greyhound bus delivery agent, I would handle it without asking all the greyhound agents what to do.
It obviously isnt, troll, go away. Goodnight thread

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have one driver that was kicked off a route for staring at boobies

It is rather childish, as well as sexist, to refer to them as "boobies." I find the term "sweater puppies" to be a bit more mature and respectul to all the hot babes whose purpose in life it is to show them to us.

herbigharo32

Rather than go through the trouble of trying to get this man fired, just inform him that he is not welcomed. If he is still persistent, contact your local police department. The police will give him a courtesy call. There is a very good chance that this will put an end to this behavior. No charges filed and no one loses their jobs.

purplesky

I have a friend who has had about three years of harassment issues with her UPS driver. He visits her place of business every day during his delivery run, regardless of whether he has a package or not, and will not leave until told to do so. He attempts to engage in conversation with clients in an effort to remain in the place of business. On his UPS uniform he wears a different corporate logo pin to hopefully drum up business with his “side line” of work. He has, on multiple occasions, tried to convince her to go on trips, all of which she refuses. She has spoken to him about his behavior and in some cases he appears understanding, but on most he becomes argumentative, in front of clients. His behavior subsides for a short period of time then returns.

Business clients routinely point out he has an inappropriate attraction to her. She fears contacting UPS supervisors because of reprisal from this crazy driver. He has pointed out that he knows exactly where her private residence is located and even sent a personal Christmas card to her home address.

So is there an anonymous way to get a driver fired or reassigned to a different route?

She should have never slept with him. IS SHE HOT?

purplesky

It is rather childish, as well as sexist, to refer to them as "boobies." I find the term "sweater puppies" to be a bit more mature and respectul to all the hot babes whose purpose in life it is to show them to us.

ARE THEY REAL? IF NOT THAN THEY ARE JUST CHEMICAL BALLS.:wink2:

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Rather than go through the trouble of trying to get this man fired, just inform him that he is not welcomed. If he is still persistent, contact your local police department. The police will give him a courtesy call. There is a very good chance that this will put an end to this behavior. No charges filed and no one loses their jobs.

Nice bump on a year-old thread. I wonder whether this situation was ever resolved?