How can thousands of children cross the border.....

MAKAVELI

We don't have endless money because we do give that money to those countries. There isn't an endless supply or we wouldn't be $17 trillion in debt and rising. We give that money to those countries because of strategic needs. We are a petrol economy, and the oil must flow. We have an administration that's not allowing drilling on Federal land or new drilling in boundary waters.
Uh actually oil production is at an all-time high. Maybe you need to do some research before just regurgitating faux news talking points.
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...ay-of-reckoning-is-sooner-than-you-think.aspx

DontThrowPackages

Let's be correct here. The Bush law allowed UNACCOMPANIED children to stay, not just any kid. However it was not intended as a vehicle to send hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied children to the U.S. but rather an act of compassion. But this crisis is happening under Obama's watch, and we have to ask why? Why is it that this crisis manifested itself in the last month, but the administration was advertising for transport services for the border regions back in January? Why is it that the administration is shipping these kids all over the country instead of keeping them at the border? Why is it that the administration refuses to use all necessary means to shut down the border(applies to Bush too)? You can play politics all you want but this is happening right now under this administration. Do we let hundreds of thousands of kids in and just stand there and say this is Bush's fault? Right now there are homeless advocates in California questioning why the Federal gov't is paying to house these kids but not the homeless citizens.
Because, when Republicans AKA the Koch brothers and Eric Cantor eliminate overtime and minimum wages, these kids will be the workforce they want.

oldngray

nowhere special
gv072014dAPC20140719034548.jpg

DontThrowPackages

We don't have endless money because we do give that money to those countries. There isn't an endless supply or we wouldn't be $17 trillion in debt and rising. We give that money to those countries because of strategic needs. We are a petrol economy, and the oil must flow. We have an administration that's not allowing drilling on Federal land or new drilling in boundary waters. And no one is saying we're sinless. Only the America haters want to always bash us for our sins when genocides of much greater magnitude have occurred all over the world. America isn't perfect but no nation has spent more blood and treasure protecting and aiding other countries. America is hated because we project power which is something Canada with it's much smaller population doesn't. But the U.S. also funds more of the U.N. than any other country by far and when natural disasters occur or countries are invaded we're the one that they always turn to. Get some perspective.
Again. If American didn't have endless money, it would not be daddy to the world.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Let's be correct here. The Bush law allowed UNACCOMPANIED children to stay, not just any kid. However it was not intended as a vehicle to send hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied children to the U.S. but rather an act of compassion. But this crisis is happening under Obama's watch, and we have to ask why? Why is it that this crisis manifested itself in the last month, but the administration was advertising for transport services for the border regions back in January? Why is it that the administration is shipping these kids all over the country instead of keeping them at the border? Why is it that the administration refuses to use all necessary means to shut down the border(applies to Bush too)? You can play politics all you want but this is happening right now under this administration. Do we let hundreds of thousands of kids in and just stand there and say this is Bush's fault? Right now there are homeless advocates in California questioning why the Federal gov't is paying to house these kids but not the homeless citizens.

Are you serious?

You are claiming that "this crisis" is happening under Obama's watch, as if GW BUSH was somewhat of a clairvoyant and he and the republicans in congress thought it best to "foresee" a crisis in which children would attempt to come to our borders and enter our country.

The law is CLEAR, and maybe, just maybe if any of you actually read the bill, and the accompanied protocols I posted from Homeland security DATED 2003, you would understand WHO could enter this country, and how they were a "PROTECTED CLASS" of immigrants.

But you wont, you refuse to read the FACTS, and merely fall for the "race baiting" that FOX news and right wing mouthpieces throw out there to distract you from the truth.

Your questions sound foolish, despite the clear LAW. If you read any of it, you would read that these children have to be "PLACED" in homeland security detention centers in the USA while they are being processed and background checked, ultimately being placed into someones custody here in the states.

There is NO NEED to hold them at the border, because the LAW doesnt PROVIDE for their deportation.

SOMETHING you should understand from square ONE.

""Do we let hundreds of thousands of kids in and just stand there and say this is Bush's fault? ""

Answer; YES.

Next question? "Do we blame the current republicans in congress for REFUSING to repeal this law back in april 2014 when Obama asked them to?"

Answer: YES.

If this stupid law wasnt written back in 2002, expanded in 2004 by BUSH and signed into law, then expanded in 2008 and signed by BUSH covering more children and obligating our federal government to pay for them, then YOU WOULDNT HAVE THE PROBLEM TODAY.

They would be sent back to their home countries like mexicans, cubans, dominicans and any other non american trying to cross our borders.

This BUSH law, makes our border the FINISH line, not a border.

Central america and South america have troubles with drug cartels recruiting children for their armies. Every year, over 2000 children, mostly boys are killed by drug cartels for refusing to join them. BUSH saw this, and called it a castastrophy. He labeled his actions as an act of HUMANITARIANISM by allowing them to come to the USA and stay once they got here.

Show me a LAW that OBAMA signed or acted upon, that INVITES these children to come here?

SHOW ME.

It was a stupid law ( the donnelly act ) and we are now seeing the repercussions from a badly written law. On the other hand, there is a humanitarian crisis occuring down south, and what are we suppose to do about it?

Leave it alone and let the carnage continue? Send troops? Invade? Or do nothing?

Remember, Mexico plays a large part in this. These children dont WALK from central america to the USA, Mexico places them once they cross the southern border onto freight trains that come north, and they let them out as close to the US border as possible.

They dont have to sneak, hide or covertly enter the USA.

They know the BUSH law that grants them passage once they get to the border and can identify themselves as from central or south america.

If you actually knew anything about this law, other than just hyperbolic political race baiting, you would know just WHO to put the blame on.

OBAMA cant deport ANY of these people.

Mothers with children can also come with the kids, read the re authorization bill of 2008 and signed by BUSH.

I just wished, that for just once, you FOX news parrots would actually turn off that crap and read something for yourselves.

Dont follow morelucks lead, research for yourself.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't need you to put me into a reality check. I get a reality check EVERY day when I leave my house. What used to be a nice area has become run down and over run. When I go to my daughter's school, I am the minority. While I welcome the diversity because of how it is enriching my child's life to learn about different cultures, I DON'T welcome the idea that I am surrounded by gangs because I can't afford to live elsewhere. I also don't appreciate that when I had to go to the Health Department to get shots to travel to another country, the waiting room was mostly filled by non-English speakers taking advantage of our good will.

When I go to work, some of the people barely speak English and it makes me feel bad for the customers who might have to try to carry on a conversation with them, because they can hardly understand ME.

There is a home for children about 30 minutes from me that has taken in some of those illegal children and has protestors protesting outside every day.

American men who have worked construction their whole lives are being laid off because illegals are willing to work cheaper and don't want non-Spanish speakers working with them.

All of this is MY reality check every day, plus other things. Both sides, Republican AND Democrats are in shirking their duties by avoiding the immigration problem and we are all being impacted while it hardly affects them.

Mexicans will work cheaper?

Who's fault is this? Why do you blame the worker and not the employer for reducing wages to a point where americans wont take them, and mexicans will, because no matter how LOW we think it is, its still better than a dollar a day in mexico.

The jobs these people take are jobs where the corporations have reduced wages to a point where NO AMERICAN will take them.

But of course, being a republican, you would support an end to the minimum wage so more companies could reduce wages and virtually eliminate the american workforce alltogether.

You better get a reality check.

What you are seeing and living is the by product of the very capitalism you "think" you support in the republican party.

TOS.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Mexicans will work cheaper?

Who's fault is this? Why do you blame the worker and not the employer for reducing wages to a point where americans wont take them, and mexicans will, because no matter how LOW we think it is, its still better than a dollar a day in mexico.

The jobs these people take are jobs where the corporations have reduced wages to a point where NO AMERICAN will take them.

But of course, being a republican, you would support an end to the minimum wage so more companies could reduce wages and virtually eliminate the american workforce alltogether.

You better get a reality check.

What you are seeing and living is the by product of the very capitalism you "think" you support in the republican party.

TOS.

I'm sorry, did I say anywhere in my post that I was a Republican? I think not. You do like making assumptions, don't you? You don't know me, and have no idea what my politics are. So because someone uses their brain to think independently, that automatically makes them a Republican? I guess if that means not following the ferverant pack mentality of Democrats, I'll take it.

And who said anything about Mexicans? Not a lot of Mexicans where I am. Again, making assumptions.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm sorry, did I say anywhere in my post that I was a Republican? I think not. You do like making assumptions, don't you? You don't know me, and have no idea what my politics are. So because someone uses their brain to think independently, that automatically makes them a Republican? I guess if that means not following the ferverant pack mentality of Democrats, I'll take it.

And who said anything about Mexicans? Not a lot of Mexicans where I am. Again, making assumptions.

Please spare me the "IM AN INDEPENDENT" speech. Your a republican, but typically, a republican who is afraid to call himself a republican.

There are no independents, just people who dont want to commit to one side or the other, yet maintain a position with one side, but dont want to get saddled with any stigmas.

You could talk to the majority of republicans, and they will all call themselves "Independent" to avoid being associated with the tea party.

So please, spare me the droll.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You fail to mention that ......that law was made to protect kids from sex trafficking. Laws can be changed or re-worded or whatever, but a real "leader" must act instead of lay blame.

You didnt read the bill moreluck or you would know what it says beyond the TITLE of the bill/act. Of course, you didnt and merely attempt to distort the facts, as usual.

If I asked you what the bill says, you wouldnt have the first clue beyond the title. There are riders, amendments and scope to read.

You should really try harder to be relevant on this issue.

READ FIRST.

Then get back to us.

TOS.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Please spare me the "IM AN INDEPENDENT" speech. Your a republican, but typically, a republican who is afraid to call himself a republican.

TOS.

Funny. I never said I was an Independent. I said I THINK independently. You really need to work on your reading comprehension. I have no problem declaring my party preference to those who matter.

As far as sparing you the droll, some people enjoy it. Whether you do or not is of no consequence to me, so you REALLY don't need to respond. Have a lovely day and bless your heart. :)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Funny. I never said I was an Independent. I said I THINK independently. You really need to work on your reading comprehension. I have no problem declaring my party preference to those who matter.

As far as sparing you the droll, some people enjoy it. Whether you do or not is of no consequence to me, so you REALLY don't need to respond. Have a lovely day and bless your heart. :)

The funniest part of the explanation is the word "think" included in it.

TOS.