How come? Department

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do what I do......I never change my car clock. I just add an hour in my mind until the time is correct again in a few months

klein

Für Meno :)
Do what I do......I never change my car clock. I just add an hour in my mind until the time is correct again in a few months

Does me no good right now, had to change the car battery. When it warms up, I might get to change the time again.
Right now, got it set to only display the radio station, and not the time, so it doesn't bother me.
So, how come, what you can't see, doesn't bother you ?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Same here, but now its off by 1:15

Does me no good right now, had to change the car battery. When it warms up, I might get to change the time again.
Right now, got it set to only display the radio station, and not the time, so it doesn't bother me.
So, how come, what you can't see, doesn't bother you ?
Thats what electrical tape over the check engine light is for.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Lets see, why is it that when a husband cleans out all those tops to the Tupperware that we no longer have bottoms for, the wife has the urge to organize my shop?

OR why is it that I get pulled over for not having a license and insurance, the fines are in the four figures, the insurance goes out of sight, and I can lose my license, which only causes my insurance to go even higher. But an illegal who gets pulled over for the same problems is only fined $50 each and sent on their way?

good luck with that one. Klein has more rights here then you do.
Just as in real life, illegal aliens always have more rights.....why should it be any different here.

Just kidding Klein. Well maybe not. what was I saying?

d

Nimnim

The Nim
My cars radio is pretty simple. Press and hold the display clock button and the time with start blinking. Then hit the volume and tuning buttons til you get the time right. I've seen some real confusing ones though.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I can fix the car radio clock for you all real easy. Unhook the battery and at precisely 12:00 hook it back up. Presto, clock is right again!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The trick with the radio is to put in your fav CD and never listen to the radio.....problem solved.

I can't begin to tell you the number of car salesmen who waste their breath telling me about the great sound system, am/fm radio yada, yada, blah, blah, and all I want is a drink holder to accomodate my 32 ouncer !!

We all have our special priorities.

How come we can't go back to the way it was pre Wall Street. Remember when you liked coming to work and your boss could make decisions. You had less stops on your car and could get out at a decent time. People weren't getting fired all the time and an accident was a real accident. Not some little minor scratch. How come because people got greedy and service became second fiddle.

browniehound

How come fedex is out on the road by eight and we leave at 9:30??

I always wonder the same thing. We will never be able to get sales leads until we can service our customers at a reasonable hour. I could sell the business much better if I could promise an earlier delivery. Problem is, I'm leaving the building at 910 at an 835 start. If the powers above make an effort to get me out at 845 (why isn't this attainable?) I will solicit their packages, but if you are delaying my day by 30 minutes all in AM-time, why would I want more work to get home even later?

I'm all for creating more jobs for everyone (management included) but I'm sorry, an extra 2 pickups and 30 pieces will not relieve me of any house calls. Its will just add another 30 minutes to my already long day. I'm all set. Do you really think that if 16 drivers in 4 loops adjacent to one another each sold 2 producing lead (pipe dream to begin with, but I'm saying in theory) IE would let the center run another route?

I doubt it and I'm very skeptical.

However, I would be eager to pick-up the fed-ex packages at the pick-up stops that I already have to do anyway. I simply don't have the time to drive extra miles to get more pieces. Recently, on a good day I'm at 9.5 and I really don't want to work more than that in one day.

At the same time I take pride in my route and like to consider it my little business. I want my little piece of UPS to be very profitable, this way I know I'm doing my share of work. But, like I (and others) said , get us out of the building earlier! I truly believe its a key that would only produce positive results.

klein

Für Meno :)
How come More doesn't like her car electric style ? :

[video=youtube;vwAdcbyXMcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwAdcbyXMcU[/video]

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Is it butter or is it Parkay? Who cares as long as the lid fits and you can re-use the container for lunch, bait, left overs or school projects?

browniehound

How come fedex is out on the road by eight and we leave at 9:30??

How come the houses that are in most need of repair seem to spend the most on seasonal decorations..Christmas lights, Halloween decorations etc.....?

How come they make doorbells out of that cheap plastic that cracks when you press it?

I love it! I think its because they spend all their time decorating instead of fixing. They are just odd people in general. I say fix the front door before you decorate it for St. Patricks day or Groundhog Day (lol) but they never will...

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
How come we can't go back to the way it was pre Wall Street. Remember when you liked coming to work and your boss could make decisions. You had less stops on your car and could get out at a decent time. People weren't getting fired all the time and an accident was a real accident. Not some little minor scratch. How come because people got greedy and service became second fiddle.

amen!!!

browniehound

Because they still know what is important in life. Family, friends and the breaking of bread together.

Tooner, I wanted to reply to the post and wasn't sure how to word it, but you said it perfectly! I wouldn't want a wealthy person to buy me dinner, ever. Unless I could take it to go!

If we are going to have dinner I want to enjoy it, and the conversation. I can't do that with somebody who thinks that they don't use the bathroom or wants to act like they don't use the bathroom.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I always wonder the same thing. We will never be able to get sales leads until we can service our customers at a reasonable hour. I could sell the business much better if I could promise an earlier delivery. Problem is, I'm leaving the building at 910 at an 835 start
Ah but Brownie, you know what the problem is. The powers that be at UPS tell us, the customer, that surveys (surveys suposedly done on actual customers) show them that the information on that delivery, showing that it is out for delivery, is much more important than the actual delivery itself.

I guess if you repeat a lie long enough, everyone will believe it. OR maybe my business is dramatically different. But the earlier I get my delivery, the better it is for my business. And that is the situation that I recall for the vast majority of my customers, regardless of the route I ran. Early deliveries for businesses were a sure cause of customer satifaction with UPS.

But now the powers that be have decided that the flow of information is the key, even though all it tells you from 7AM until it is delivered at 430PM is that it is out for delivery. No updates as to where, just it will be delivered before you close. What good is that information.

But on the other hand, if I order via fedex, the tracking is the same, but I get deliveries before 11AM.

I bleed brown, always have. But when it comes to the welfare of my business, I have to go with the ones that seem to care about what I need.

And then of course we could talk about the several hundred dollars it cost me this year in extra charges because the drivers here skip getting signatures, even when we help them unload, and put in DR M..........but that is something for another thread.

d

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I can fix the car radio clock for you all real easy. Unhook the battery and at precisely 12:00 hook it back up. Presto, clock is right again!!!
Works great! Unless it locks up the radio and you don't have the code to unlock it. Dang anti-theft features!
(And if you thought it was tough resetting the time, try to figure out how to enter the code to unlock it. IF you have the code, and the instructions, sometimes it actually works. Been there, done that way too many times.)

Last edited: