How come I haven't got any free stuff in 4 years?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I've been shifting out on the yard for the past 4 years, and since I've been out there we haven't received anything. For example, cookouts, shirts, water jugs, water bottles, hats etc. Now it's not really that big of a deal to me honestly, but it still does grind my gears a little bit when I see everyone cooking out on the yard for the part timers inside the building and I'm not allowed to get a burger. My roomate works in the air department at night and he is always bringing home coats, skull caps, hats, shirts, lunch boxes, etc. I've brought it up to my manager before and they just say well see about getting you guys something and of course they never do. I don't want free stuff just to have something, I don't really care about actually getting it, I would just like to feel appreciated in some way. Last Christmas the shifters made food and brought it in for each other to share,but of course that was on our dime and we wanted to do something nice for each other and of course management was more then willing to stick there greedy little paws in it. Hell my supervisor was even stuffing cookies in his pockets. It's just something that has been in the back of my mind.

DS

Fenderbender
Aww ruckie feew unwoved? Just kidding man:peaceful: they give us drivers burgers and hot dogs usually after they screw us .
I never bite. Much better food at home.What do you want? a hat? a t shirt? just ask and someone in the bc will send it to you.

over9five

Staff member
The OPs right. I think it sucks too. Unfortunately, the logistics of having a cookout in Feeders when people start around the clock, is just not do-able.

I think they could throw us a t-shirt or hat or something once in a while tho......

And yes, I feel unloved. :-(

menotyou

bella amicizia
Working in the small, outlying centers, you are lucky to get a 'Good job', let alone a burger. My old center manager would have a cookout every year, but on his own dime. New center manager is waaaaay to cheap. Of course, old center manager-now on-car, makes more than center manager.

GayOfThrones

Not sure how other hubs work but in ours if you're not injury free you don't get anything. When we go injury free the hub gets 500.00 in discretionary spending (ie recognition) in the form of cookouts/merchandise.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Not sure how other hubs work but in ours if you're not injury free you don't get anything. When we go injury free the hub gets 500.00 in discretionary spending (ie recognition) in the form of cookouts/merchandise.
It use to be that way at our center. Not sure where the money goes now. Not to the employees, that I know.

iowa boy

Hell, we don't even get this. We have had one cookout this year and that was when our new Div. manager came to town.

Our local sort went 4 years with no injuries, and they had to hit up the old Div. manager for free pizza when he was in town, as our local management wouldn't even recognize the 4 years of no injuries.

The OPs right. I think it sucks too. Unfortunately, the logistics of having a cookout in Feeders when people start around the clock, is just not do-able.

I think they could throw us a t-shirt or hat or something once in a while tho......

And yes, I feel unloved. :-(

The key to feeding drivers who start around the clock is to cook around the clock. We have quarterly cookouts around the calender.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Starting to make me feel bad. We have cookouts weekly. Last week was sausage and peppers. The week before was chicken BBQ. I'm off this week and going to miss the cheesesteak cookout :( It's never ending around here. And there is always a free raffle giving out stuff out of the catalog. At least half the drivers get to take stuff home. I thought it was like this everywhere. Every night at least one member of our management team is still there till the last driver gets and gives them a pat on the back and a heartfelt "good job". It's really almost sickening at times.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Starting to make me feel bad. We have cookouts weekly. Last week was sausage and peppers. The week before was chicken BBQ. I'm off this week and going to miss the cheesesteak cookout :( It's never ending around here. And there is always a free raffle giving out stuff out of the catalog. At least half the drivers get to take stuff home. I thought it was like this everywhere. Every night at least one member of our management team is still there till the last driver gets and gives them a pat on the back and a heartfelt "good job". It's really almost sickening at times.
How in the hell do I transfer there?!?!?

old levi's

blank space

How in the hell do I transfer there?!?!?

He's yanking your chain, meno.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one that is left out. It does suck though, it just irritates me how they look for ways for you to screw up and are quick to jump the gun to discipline you but never reward you when you do well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one that is left out. It does suck though, it just irritates me how they look for ways for you to screw up and are quick to jump the gun to discipline you but never reward you when you do well.

I have a feeling that you will be rewarded Friday morning, much the same as you were the previous Friday morning and the same as the following Friday morning--it's called a paycheck.