How come I haven't got any free stuff in 4 years?

gostillerz

Up until 1 1/2 years ago, preload and drivers got doughnuts, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice...sometimes Egg McMuffins, and local sort got pizza and wings on Fridays. Once in a blue moon, one of the on-car supes would cookout when the drivers got back, or preload would have a pot-luck. Nothing like eating ribs, hot sausage, tiramisu and potato salad at 5am! I miss those days. A local sort boss/secretary and I are trying to get an after peak party thing going.

TUT

How in the hell do I transfer there?!?!?

Yeah it's sad he was kidding, sounded like a real human experience going on there, something to look up to and forward to, a little thing that could make a huge difference. Why we can't just be that way...

Cementups

Box Monkey
I figured I should throw in the "pat on the back" part so that ya'll would pick up on the BS I was flinging. We do get the occasional cookout though but lately we've had a very stupid avoidable accidents that have kept us from getting any of that. A couple of them we just plain stupid like a driver missing a stop and backing up to go for it rahter than walking it off or circling the block. Backed right into someone. Just dumb. That was followed by a couple "hit other in rear". All were rookie mistakes made by seasoned drivers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A couple of them we just plain stupid like a driver missing a stop and backing up to go for it rather than walking it off or circling the block. Backed right into someone. Just dumb. That was followed by a couple "hit other in rear". All were rookie mistakes made by seasoned drivers.

Caused by over-dispatch?

Re-Raise

Caused by over-dispatch?

I believe the key to safe driving in a package car is the ability to remain focused on driving and taking the extra time to assess a possibly dangerous situation.

There are so many things we have to think about that can distract us especially if we are unfamiliar with the area or if we are struggling to keep up with the workload that is required of us.

So to answer your question.. which I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.. is that over-dispatching could very well have been a contributing factor.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Over the years I've become a big advocate of driving around in large circles to avoid backing.

Was always taught to drive around the block if you bypass a stop instead of backing. Worked great in town but going around the block on my present route could be 4 or more miles!

Alexx

As a part timer I don't get much free stuff handed to me but I do still get a crap load of free stuff. Mainly because I know of the right asses to kiss ;) lol...

I would suggest if you want a t shirt to start chumming up with the lady or dude who handles that stuff first hand. Given, that I did have a little romantic fling with the lady who hands out the free **** and that is probably why I have a leather UPS jacket but still anybody could do it just make friends.

The cookout thing I definitely feel where you are coming from. We get BBQ's every other month and we get a huge one next Friday for going a year without an injury and the drivers are more or less left out.

Now with that said...

The amount of money you guys make is literally 6-10X what we make. You could literally fund our entire BBQ with one paycheck and still have more than we make in a week. That is the real reason. The company spends so much on the driver pay that they don't have a lot left over to feed you guys and give you free **** as well. They pay us so little for how hard we work that a couple burgers or some try tip on a friday is the least they can do.

Put it this way. I will trade my closet full of ups shirts, beanies, hats, jackets, backpacks, waterbottles, and the four years of free meals every other month for your weekly income.

Brush it off, be glad you aren't wearing your fingers raw in the hub, and take your fat ass paycheck and go buy yourself a steak.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
As a part timer I don't get much free stuff handed to me but I do still get a crap load of free stuff. Mainly because I know of the right asses to kiss ;) lol...

I would suggest if you want a t shirt to start chumming up with the lady or dude who handles that stuff first hand. Given, that I did have a little romantic fling with the lady who hands out the free **** and that is probably why I have a leather UPS jacket but still anybody could do it just make friends.

The cookout thing I definitely feel where you are coming from. We get BBQ's every other month and we get a huge one next Friday for going a year without an injury and the drivers are more or less left out.

Now with that said...

The amount of money you guys make is literally 6-10X what we make. You could literally fund our entire BBQ with one paycheck and still have more than we make in a week. That is the real reason. The company spends so much on the driver pay that they don't have a lot left over to feed you guys and give you free **** as well. They pay us so little for how hard we work that a couple burgers or some try tip on a friday is the least they can do.

Put it this way. I will trade my closet full of ups shirts, beanies, hats, jackets, backpacks, waterbottles, and the four years of free meals every other month for your weekly income.

Brush it off, be glad you aren't wearing your fingers raw in the hub, and take your fat ass paycheck and go buy yourself a steak.

Yea I see where you are coming from. I think next time I see someone walking out with something free I'm just going to do a snatch and grab on them lol.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Caused by over-dispatch?

That was one of the driver's excuse but just cause you're over-dispatched daoesn't mean you can't be safe. Safety by choice, not by accident.

As a part timer I don't get much free stuff handed to me.......blah, blah, blah.....................be glad you aren't wearing your fingers raw in the hub, and take your fat ass paycheck and go buy yourself a steak.

You, just like any of us, have teh same opportunity that we do/did to become drivers and make that "fat ass paycheck"

GayOfThrones

In 6 years of working for the company. No driver has ever thought an accident is their fault.

And we had a driver who ran over an 82 year old woman........but she "jumped out of nowhere"....because you know.....82 year olds are stealthy like cats.

Idiots.