How did "Brown Cafe" come to be what it is today?

Sammie

How about a decent Labor Manager? Someone who would lay those cards out right and take care of us.

A bit of a tough guy, from Chicago maybe?

Rocky???

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Mickey Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, and Davey Jones. Yep, I can remember them. My favorite Monkees song was "Daydream Believer". You got me on who's mom became an important inventor. Threads take stange turns sometimes, maybe I shouldn't have brought up "Clarksville". I wonder if it is a real city and who actually delivers those streets?:rolleyes:

Sammie

Mickey Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, and Davey Jones. Yep, I can remember them. My favorite Monkees song was "Daydream Believer". You got me on who's mom became an important inventor. Threads take stange turns sometimes, maybe I shouldn't have brought up "Clarksville". I wonder if it is a real city and who actually delivers those streets?:rolleyes:

It was originally called "mistake out", the invention of Bette Nesmith Graham, a Dallas secretary and a single mother raising a son on her own. Graham used her own kitchen blender to mix up her first batch of liquid paper or white out, a substance used to cover up mistakes made on paper.

:blushing:

DS

Fenderbender
ups using clarksville is kinda like the simpsons using springfield because theres probobly a hundred places with the same name

Tyler Durden

Enlightend
Pretty happy with where you are in life? Do the contents of your wallet define you? Are you as cool as those dancers on television because you wear the same khakis? If so, keep it up; it seems like everything is working out for you.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
How about a decent Labor Manager? Someone who would lay those cards out right and take care of us.

A bit of a tough guy, from Chicago maybe?

Rocky???

lol...Labor Manager? I like it!! I take care of "my people" :cool:. And Sammie, I lived in the Chicago-area most of my life but I'd die if I was a native son. Too blasted cold for my liking! The culture drove me up a wall by the time I was in my late teens, too! -Rocky

Ms Spoken

Ms spoken will organize the family events, as she seems to be the ONLY one who knows how to get tickets to the hospitality tent at Nascar.

Toonertoo I need just a bit more responsibility than sneaking everyone into the hospitality tents. But, I do like the challenge so maybe I could run the underground system at UPS.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ms spoken will organize the family events, as she seems to be the ONLY one who knows how to get tickets to the hospitality tent at Nascar.

Toonertoo I need just a bit more responsibility than sneaking everyone into the hospitality tents. But, I do like the challenge so maybe I could run the underground system at UPS.

OK, PROMOTED:)
Now we need a new family events organizer.

wily_old_vet

So lets make a UPS dream team, spurred on by upsdudes post.

Lets have Cheryl as the dm, tieguy the center manager. Satellite, over9five, local 804 will be our stewards. Sammie and channahan will be our sups. Wily will be our arbitrator. He will show up once a month.

DS and I will be the problem children:w00t: Moreluck will be our activities director. Oh I gotta think, there is a place for everyone, give me a minute and some help, thoughts?

Tooner-Thanks for keeping me in mind even when I'm not here.

wily_old_vet

I am flattered to be included. All the important positions seem to be filled. Since the only position that seems open is being a driver, I will try to fill that space. Union on one side,management on the other and the driver in the middle. It would feel like old home week. Diadlover can be the presenter of our Christmas turkeys. Just don't ask Moreluck to cook for us,for some reason she thinks she spends to much time in the kitchen.Cheryl can be anything she wants, without her this fantasy would not be possible.
This thread started as how did "Brown Cafe" come to be what it is today.
That was easily answered by Cheryl in her post. The hard part will be what we do with it in the future. The troll thing woke me up to fragile nature of this type of info sharing. I love the wit, wisdom and life experiences that can be shared. From that, I have tried to grow by being able to speak my mind without my natural tendency to caustic wit. I have a long way to go. I only have this forum and all the diverse opinions on it to thank for helping try to grow in that direction.

Moreluck cooking the turkey could be problematic since she is so into "meatballs".

satellitedriver

Since Tooner knows their first names the bonus question for everybody else is what is their last names?
The only one that sticks in my mind is Mickey Dolenz. Sad story, I worked as a sound man for a small band in the early 70's. During a break, I saw Mickey at a table and he asked me to join him in drink. He was three sheets to the wind and looked bad. I asked him if he was still working the skins(playing the drums) and he leaned his face across the table and said" Are you being facetious"?(but what he said was "are you being Phazzeeessiuss") While his elbows slipped off the table. It was sad to see.
Real positive spin to this post,no,but I thought I would share it.