How did "Brown Cafe" come to be what it is today?

UPS Lifer

I remember the Motley's Fool UPS sub forum. I would go there to get info on stock rumors and retirement. I always thought that it just naturally evolved into BC.

It is nice to learn about how BC really started.

barnyard

KTM rider
Also in the Motley Fool UPS site I recall another "ewave" clone called "dark wing duck" that spread his garbage like ewave.

I do not remember ewave, but I do remember dark wing duck.

I stumbled onto the Motley Fool board a month or 2 before it went to a pay site. Found the cafe within days of MF going to pay. There might have even been a link from MF to here, don't remember.

Good times.

Have you heard of Google?
No I haven't. What is it? I googled it and it came up as a financial site. I haven't been drinking today and I won't tonight. It's family date night. I take my daughter out on a date and the wife takes out my son. I love that I get liquored up on Friday nights and sometimes on Saturday and then I take Sunday through Thursday off and you guys like to take shots at me like you did in the other thread. I bet most members and maybe even you drink more than me regularly. It's more of an Internet persona but keep firing away if need be. Most management drink everyday and smoke pot and use coke. At least in operations. People know who I am and I wish they would send me for a test so I could get a free week off with pay. I bet I'm cleaner than you. Your site sorry for the challenge but your attack made me feel like I should explain this. God bless

PT Car Washer

No I haven't. What is it? I googled it and it came up as a financial site. I haven't been drinking today and I won't tonight. It's family date night. I take my daughter out on a date and the wife takes out my son. I love that I get liquored up on Friday nights and sometimes on Saturday and then I take Sunday through Thursday off and you guys like to take shots at me like you did in the other thread. I bet most members and maybe even you drink more than me regularly. It's more of an Internet persona but keep firing away if need be. Most management drink everyday and smoke pot and use coke. At least in operations. People know who I am and I wish they would send me for a test so I could get a free week off with pay. I bet I'm cleaner than you. Your site sorry for the challenge but your attack made me feel like I should explain this. God bless

So when do you work if you take sunday through thursday off? Friday and sat.

barnyard

KTM rider
Motley Fool at the time was a financial info site that had discussion forums dedicated to companies that were available to buy through stocks. They promoted a very simple, buy and hold strategy and things like planning. I bought the books after listening to interviews with the creators of The Motley Fool, found the website, started reading the UPS forum and I am pretty sure the day I looked, there was a link to here.

There was a very heavy hand of moderation on the Motley Fool boards and many threads made no sense at all with the random pruning.

Motley Fool at the time was a financial info site that had discussion forums dedicated to companies that were available to buy through stocks. They promoted a very simple, buy and hold strategy and things like planning. I bought the books after listening to interviews with the creators of The Motley Fool, found the website, started reading the UPS forum and I am pretty sure the day I looked, there was a link to here.

There was a very heavy hand of moderation on the Motley Fool boards and many threads made no sense at all with the random pruning.
Boy does that sound familiar....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Ewave. Where you at?

ezgif-4-0f1a1e2f1b29.gif