How did Christmas eve go?

ups1990

My route was 50 stops and 150 pieces lighter than the previous day. Started at 9am, picked up helper at 10am, last delivery at 355pm. Punched out at 445pm.

Big Babooba

All our air made it in so we didn't get any stragglers shuttled out to us. I found a whole section on my car that wasn't in EDD. Apparently an Add/Cut hadn't been done. They sent somebody out to take work off of me. 142 stops / 155 miles in 8 hours.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
All our air was in as well, in fact we got to start early. I was about 40 stops lighter but not lighter in pkgs. 99 stops 232 pcs. Still clocked out at 10 til 5. :happy-very:

EmerCond421

My route was 45 stops/ 95 pkgs and 340 miles punch in 0830 out at 1930. Longer than I had hoped but all delivered except for closed H. :happy2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Clocked out around 2045, brought back about 40 pieces ECD. Half the drivers in my group were still out. Management will be working Saturday to try and clean it up.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
It went great, managed to drop a 70 lb. box on the foot of a supervisor in the early morning. That was my christmas present to him

outta hours

It was great. Zero stops and zero hours worked. Our feeder dept. does not work on Christmas eve. It's a layoff day but who cares.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Waited in building for late air. Left at 9:25. Had another air meet at 11:20. Had my helper from 11:00 to 2:45. Picked up a letter box at 3, delivered 2 air stops that were dropped at a mini-mart on the way in. Home at 4:05.

kingOFchester

178 stops, 121 miles left bldg at 900 clocked out at 1500

better then the day b4

311 stops, 132 miles left bldg at 850 clocked out at 1800

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Had the day off so I only spent 4 hours on conference calls and calls and 2 hours doing other UPS work.
Not bad for a day off - at least it was at home. :wink2:
Then I went to the late service (11 p.m.) at church where the choir, bells and harp were great.
Good day overall.

BROWN430

140 stops 300 pieces. Started at 8:30 finish at 2:45 with helper from 9:30 to 2:00. The easiest peak ever at our center. Due probably one of the best management teams in a long time. They even bought us food everyday the last week of peak.

evilleace

Honestly the easiest day I have ever had at UPS on the preload I loaded two cars 345 pieces then jumped with a driver for 1hr 15min and did 39 stops took our time all in all worked about 5hrs and was an easy relaxed day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center manager kept all of the areas on and let all of us who have been using helpers to use them for one last day. I had 120 stops and 200 or so pkgs. We waited for all of the air to arrive rather than leave and have it shuttled but we still left by 0930. Punched out and gone by 1530 which included taking the helper out to lunch. We were allowed to work Code 5. I have Monday off and will make up most of those hours by working New Year's Eve.

Except for one busy day it was one of the easiest Peaks I have ever had.

bad company

semi-pro
185 stops, clocked out at 2125

Once again, christmas eve snuck up on my management team. Sad thing is 9 drivers came in after I did. My management team, if you can call them a team, in their infinite wisdom decided to merge 3 routes into one at the last minute. Somehow they thought one driver could deliver 280 stops , 95% residential, covering about 20 mile area, and that's not including drive time to get on area and back to the building. They were even nice enough to PAL one entire route all as the 8000 section. So I was one of 4 lucky drivers who had to stay out late and bail this poor guy out.

Then once we all got back to the building, the plan was to unload all send agains and pickups on the shortest belt in our hub. Our hub has two centers running out of it. Drivers were supposed to unload and move their pkg cars out of the way for other drivers, since no car washers/porters were working to move the empty pkg cars.

Evidently the other center didn't get that memo, because it was one giant fluster :censored2:. The belt was stacked with pkgs, and pkgs were also filling out the aisles and pouring out of all the bay doors getting soaked in the rain. The massive amount of packages on the belt also caused the belt to slide half way off of the conveyor and PE had to fix it and get the belt back on track.

I'm going to make sure I give my management team those nifty calendars UPS prints out every year, and highlight Christmas Eve for 2010. Maybe it won't sneak up on them again...

FYI - No FT mgmt at the building after 1800. Guess they don't lead by example... err... they're not old school.

DazedandConfused

My best day during peak. Went from 190 stops and 187 miles on Wednesday down to 97 stops and 165 miles Christmas Eve. Punched out at 1845. My run starts and stops 45 minutes away from our center.