How did you hear about Brown Cafe?

helenofcalifornia

I joined the Cafe about two years ago when if there were 100 people online that was a big deal. I just logged on at 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning (NASCAR is on TV) and there were 235 members online already. I found out about the BC through the formal Teamsters website which had a link. Two questions: How did you all hear about BC and why do you think we have had this dramatic jump in membership? The word is out on the Brown Cafe!

browndevil

I joined the Cafe about two years ago when if there were 100 people online that was a big deal. I just logged on at 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning (NASCAR is on TV) and there were 235 members online already. I found out about the BC through the formal Teamsters website which had a link. Two questions: How did you all hear about BC and why do you think we have had this dramatic jump in membership? The word is out on the Brown Cafe!
Hi Helen I found out the same way you did. I have read it off and on for approx 2 years and finally joined in May. I find BC very helpful and I try to spread the word around my center. Thank you Cheryl! However I think I am finding what appears to be on offshoot starting by another poster.The bottom line is we are all working towards a common goal, del and pu pkgs daily,growing the business and forging good relationships:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I remember correctly, my hubby worked in the same area as Cheryl's hubby and the subject of browncafe was mentioned. I went and checked it out and joined in May of 2000. And the rest is history.

I've really enjoyed my time here......except maybe through the susie-era.:dissapointed:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Now more, you know you really got a kick out of her/him!

I dont remember how I ever found it. But as a result, several of the drivers in the center, and several sups as well started reading the posts.

And as more drivers and sups got on line, UPS corp began to take more than a fleeting interest in the goings on here. I figure they now have a whole department in Atlanta reading and documenting. I can only hope they learn something here.

As for why this has become the #1 UPSer site in the world, it is because of the way it was set up and run. Usually without too many strings attached. Short of being vulgar or obscene, or getting personal with others, you are pretty much free to comment on anything you like. Kinda hard to find spots like that in the internet world.

As a practial matter, you aint seen nuttin yet.

d

scoobypanda

A couple years ago, my steward asked for my input in setting up a website for our center. First thing I did was to research what was out there on the web and try to steal, I mean borrow ideas. In my hours of searching, I stumbled upon this site and immediately bookmarked the page.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
believe it or not one day when i was using the bathroom, i was reading the writing scribbled on the walls and saw a discription for brown cafe. Came to the site and loved it.

kwed95

former pre-load p/t sup
i was looking for a ups uniform and google sent me here. I haven't worked at UPS for 4 years now, but I have 5 years worth of madness to share. And some of the topics bring back so many memories

upsdude

I guess it was 99 or 2000, found it through a Google search while looking for something else.

I remember a high level manager telling (5-6 years ago) me he looked at BC every morning to get UPS news. He said upsers.com was a waste of time.

Thanks Cheryl!

Overpaid Union Thug

I can't remember for sure but I think I was actually looking around the net and hoping to find something like Brown Cafe. I didn't really think there would be one. It was some time in 1999. That was like 3 screen names ago.