How did you hear about Brown Cafe?

I was searching for a UPS employee message board. I have participated in several boards over the last 6-8 years and wanted to find one where I could possibly get info about UPS that no one in our center ever seems to know. If you google UPS message board, BC comes up first.

Oh and just wanted to add: The reason this board is so successful and popular is because the owner(Cheryl) and the Mods have no agenda other than a place to share thoughts and info.

poozer2000

surfed the net looking for something like this and found you all, thanks you all keep me entertained with your stories and posts and its good to know what brown life is like elsewhere

H

hseofpayne

I joined the Cafe about two years ago when if there were 100 people online that was a big deal. I just logged on at 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning (NASCAR is on TV) and there were 235 members online already. I found out about the BC through the formal Teamsters website which had a link. Two questions: How did you all hear about BC and why do you think we have had this dramatic jump in membership? The word is out on the Brown Cafe!

I was looking for help conscerning an injury a year or so ago. I think word of mouth has helped grow this place, I enjoy it.

thebrownbox

To be honest I really have no clue... I just happen to see it on google which gave a snapshot of one of the user reply's and so I took a look at this site...

It's been REALLY helpful when no one says jack at the job and you are just guessing...

helenofcalifornia

The best thing I like about the Brown Cafe is the information I get on how other centers are run. How much we are the same, how much we are different. And usually, for some reason, new edicts seem to come from the East, so it acts like an early warning sign of what is coming our way.

JustTired

free at last.......
Used to post on Teamster.net. Then they went down for a period of time and I came across this site. Now I visit both. But this site is far and away the best! Right, Krash?

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
i was doing a search on google to see what kind of information i could find about united parcel service and their plans to build a new center near where i live. bc was one of the first links that came up after the search.

j13501

I was on the Motley Fool board with many other UPSers- including Cheryl. When Motley Fool decided to charge a fee for participating on their site, Cheryl posted messages telling people about the Brown Cafe. That must have been around '99 or 2000. Visited Brown Cafe, and it's much improved over the years and much better than Motley Fool ever thought of being.

As for the big growth of members, it seems like the last contract naturally brought many people to the site to get answers regarding negotiations. The range of topics continues to get more diverse each year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was Googling for FedEx news and this site popped-up. I know I've got my share of haters out there, but I still love this site.

wkmac

Written on the men's restroom wall was "for a real good time, see Cheryl at Browncafe.com" and that was that!

wkmac

I was on the Motley Fool board with many other UPSers- including Cheryl. When Motley Fool decided to charge a fee for participating on their site, Cheryl posted messages telling people about the Brown Cafe. That must have been around '99 or 2000. Visited Brown Cafe, and it's much improved over the years and much better than Motley Fool ever thought of being.

Same for me with Motley Fool. Real pain when someone would post something more specific to day to day UPS and the MF moderators would delete and send you a do-better letter. Cheryl rode in on Big Brown and saved the day. Also like you it took a couple of years to warm up to BC (some if not many here probably regret that LMAO!!!) before I joined in. Just lacked something without E-Wave!
:rofl:

As for the big growth of members, it seems like the last contract naturally brought many people to the site to get answers regarding negotiations. The range of topics continues to get more diverse each year.

That diversity IMO is what makes BC more and more special. I mean you can talk work here but also sports, music, cooking, gardening, politics, religion, etc. etc. and I think that's awesome! Now they even have chat for those who like it and of course the dark, EEEVVVIIIILLLLLLL FedEx section so we can hear a bit from the folks on the Purple side of life. It's not long before BC will have a 10 year anniversary and it's amazing what this site has become to many UPSers.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Cheryl told me about it! :happy-very:

Moreluck is right I did work with/for her husband in a great building in the South Cal district. Suzie, oh wasn't that fun and Ewave too. In fact Ewave and his antics were a good part of Cheryl's motivation to start the Browncafe!!

barnyard

KTM rider

+1.

I think I was on the Motley Fool board for 3 months before they went to pay per view. Found the Cafe and registered and have had lapses when I made computer switches.

Back in the beginning, it seemed like most of the conversations were way more stock related. While I never asked him, I often thought that one of my on cars was Tieguy. They both used the same wording for so many things, it was almost spooky.

My current on car is a member. He said that it is almost impossible to google anything UPS related and not have BC come up on the 1st page of results.

TB