How do I go about becoming a night shuttle driver?

TheKingOfQueens

I'm currently a twi loader and also do sat air. Have asked who's charge of it and I feel like he keeps forgetting about me . He's told me to have my browns ready in my car just in case but it's been almost 3 weeks or so. Also have asked him if I can preload before my shift and he tells me there's actually a position open for it . Keeps forgetting about me . Been loading for 8 months with a average scan rate of 1500 5 days a week . Loadings really kicking my ass and would really like to preload.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm currently a twi loader and also do sat air. Have asked who's charge of it and I feel like he keeps forgetting about me . He's told me to have my browns ready in my car just in case but it's been almost 3 weeks or so. Also have asked him if I can preload before my shift and he tells me there's actually a position open for it . Keeps forgetting about me . Been loading for 8 months with a average scan rate of 1500 5 days a week . Loadings really kicking my ass and would really like to preload.Sent using BrownCafe App

Loading is ball-busting work and I feel for you. I wish my center had someone like you who was as zealous and eager to pre-load as you are. Keep up the good work, I'm sure some driver out there will really appreciate you being their loader.

Sat air is a good start if you want to drive just keep bugging them and be relentless but careful!

TheKingOfQueens

Loading is ball-busting work and I feel for you. I wish my center had someone like you who was as zealous and eager to pre-load as you are. Keep up the good work, I'm sure some driver out there will really appreciate you being their loader.

Sat air is a good start if you want to drive just keep bugging them and be relentless but careful!

Carefull as in no accidents ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

TheKingOfQueens

Yes and careful about being too relentless in your work. Start being too good and they will want to keep your feet on the ground and not on wheels!

Thanks Brotha !! Good advice . If I slow it down though I feel like somehow someway it could effect my path to driving

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

If you hate loading you will really hate the preload. Is your night shuttle run a regular bid job or just when it is necessary? My building has an air shuttle run or two every night after the air trailer pulls. Hub can't get wrapped up in time. Not a bid job and goes by seniority to who is qualified and available. Most would just as soon go home. How is the Saturday Air job going? Working much?

TheKingOfQueens

If you hate loading you will really hate the preload. Is your night shuttle run a regular bid job or just when it is necessary? My building has an air shuttle run or two every night after the air trailer pulls. Hub can't get wrapped up in time. Not a bid job and goes by seniority to who is qualified and available. Most would just as soon go home. How is the Saturday Air job going? Working much?

Preload can't be as physical as loading those huge trailers . I figure it'll save my body a bit for the driving part . Saturdays are ok . I get an average of about 2 hours 30 mins of work in on Sats. Would def want more hours but I don't think that'll happen.

Sent using BrownCafe App

9.5er

I worked the afternoon shift (reload) for 8 1/2 years. Loaded trailer for 2 years before moving to the airbelt. It is a tough job but you will get used to it. If I had been put on preload I don't think I could have made it. I helped them on a few occasions and hated it. For the record it wasn't the work. I'm not a morning person.

PT Car Washer

It's not so much the work but the accountability for everything. Stop by stop order, no misloads, load quality, and hurry, hurry, never going fast enough. Then when the drivers come in and want to know why you loaded them up so heavy again today.