How do I sign into the scanner?

Falcon7

Hey, I'm a new loader for this company and I am working the twilight shift. So I completed my 5th day of training last Friday and I finally got to go to my actual work place and help build walls a bit with the trainer. I didn't do too much, helped push moving boxes, fixed a couple jams, and helped clean up trailers, mostly me just watching what he was doing. Before all that he walked me through on how to sign in and use the scanner and honestly it's still really confusing to me.

The guy that showed me on Thursday how to sign in with the scanner but I couldn't here jack because his walky talky was yelling and I could barely hear his instructions. He only found the need to turn it down after he was done explaining.... So hoping I could get another clear explanation the next day from the trainer who didn't show up on Thursday, the trainer went really fast and it was still hard to make out what he was saying with all the background crap.

I really wish they would walk through that part more slowly for newcomers like me, I need to be walked through things like that slowly to fully understand it well. With so much going on in the background and how quick he was going it's hard to keep up and process what the trainer was telling me. The only thing I got off of it was that f5 and f6 seem to be the most important buttons to click. I'm actually more worried about not being signed in on time and having my scanner ready during my shift then the actual building of the walls. I'm assuming the scanners for all UPS facilities are the same? If so can someone give a step by step instruction of how they sign into their own names? Help would be greatly appreciated!

brown25

F5 to select login, enter first five letters of your last name, the last four digits of your employee id number and your first initial all together then hit f5, it will ask you if you are shift "t" (for twilight) and hit f5. Then select your belt. After you are logged in it will ask you for trailer setup and the scanner laser will turn on. Scan the bar code to the left or right of each trailer as you enter and hit f5.

Falcon7

F5 to select login, enter first five letters of your last name, the last four digits of your employee id number and your first initial all together then hit f5, it will ask you if you are shift "t" (for twilight) and hit f5. Then select your belt. After you are logged in it will ask you for trailer setup and the scanner laser will turn on. Scan the bar code to the left or right of each trailer as you enter and hit f5.

Thank you so much for this!!! This is all I was asking for, now I feel at ease for work today.