How do I start Short Term Disability?

Paige Hall

My husband is part-time, works twilight shift under pre-load supervisor..how do I get the short-term disability started? He broke his foot and will be out 6-8 weeks.

fres431

Each state is different in CA you can get forms online fill them out have doc sign em..CA you have to kiss 7 days before disability pay kicks in then you collect aprox 50% lf pay tax free. Also can get a form from union I believe they pay like 75 a week

Sent using BrownCafe App

Paige Hall

Were TN. But I haven't been able to find anything on upsers to fill out. They still have the Aetna numbers listed and nothing for bc a

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
The advantage of a withdrawal card is you won't owe dues for the months you aren't working and you won't have to pay initiation again when you return to work. It really doesn't affect seniority. A withdrawal card is for when you quit a job not sure if you are coming back to that same job or to another Teamster job, not for a disability leave.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Were TN. But I haven't been able to find anything on upsers to fill out. They still have the Aetna numbers listed and nothing for bc a

Sent using BrownCafe App
Get Aflac or some type of disability insurance to make up the gap in pay. I don't get it why more people on this job don't get disability insurance with the income we make. Don't get it at all to protect your family with mortgage and everything.

jamescasey420

The advantage of a withdrawal card is you won't owe dues for the months you aren't working and you won't have to pay initiation again when you return to work. It really doesn't affect seniority. A withdrawal card is for when you quit a job not sure if you are coming back to that same job or to another Teamster job, not for a disability leave.
Withdrawl cards are for disability, workers comp and short and long term disability. Our "team care" is so messed up. Your out a couple weeks and they pull your insurance. What sucks it they don't even tell you. Then after a few months you have so many medical bills. Then when you get back to work, your paying union dues for 6 months