How do occurencies work?

Billy

really depends on what it is. You may receive a termination on the first offense if it's bad enough. Generally a warning letter is issued, and can be used as the stepping stone for further discipline for 9 months.

over9five

Staff member
Are you talking absenteeism? Here, you can have 5 occurrences in a year. After 5, they can begin discipline.

Remember, 2 or more consecutive days = 1 occurrence.

Check your supplement!

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Are you talking absenteeism? Here, you can have 5 occurrences in a year. After 5, they can begin discipline.

Remember, 2 or more consecutive days = 1 occurrence.

Check your supplement!

Miss one day beyond the number of optionals and sick days available and discipline begins HERE. By the fifth day, they would likely be terminated.

22.34life

depends if your a driver or inside hub employee,if your inside then you could probably miss as many days as you like before real dicipline would occur.if your a driver than its a different story,i know drivers that have been talked to about attendance for 5 call ins in a year.there is no language in my supplement or master that states you can only miss x amount of days before dicipline will begin.if you get a warning letter for attendance it will stay with you for nine months.if you can choose option 3 and use the sick days they cant touch you on sick days.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
...and that's when you pick up the phone and let them know that something happened. If you are out of days it is their discretion as to whether you get the day off.

Don't forget about FMLA, especially the intermittent version.
Gives you a total of 60 random days off, unpaid, to resolve many issues that would otherwise trash your attendance record.

22.34life

...and that's when you pick up the phone and let them know that something happened. If you are out of days it is their discretion as to whether you get the day off.

when i call in its not bargaining,its me letting them know i wont be at work today regardless of what they say and regardless if i have days or not.now they have the option to dicipline me for my attendance if they choose but thats the only option they have.

island1fox

:wink2:Every individual should carefully weigh out any cafe advice before running full steam ahead. People have said here as long as you are using your sick days no problem --try taking all fridays off sick in July or try taking two or three Mondays in a row --there are many things that can open the door to discipline ---the correct advice is do not play games -be responsible to both job and family and use sick days when absolutely needed ---otherwise the door is open !

brown_trousers

Is it really that cut-throat on the ft driving side? I had no idea. I thought you FT drivers were on the attendance "occurrences" system like us inside workers

22.34life

:wink2:Every individual should carefully weigh out any cafe advice before running full steam ahead. People have said here as long as you are using your sick days no problem --try taking all fridays off sick in July or try taking two or three Mondays in a row --there are many things that can open the door to discipline ---the correct advice is do not play games -be responsible to both job and family and use sick days when absolutely needed ---otherwise the door is open !

there is a difference between talking sh** and taking diciplinary action.if you took 4 fridays off in a row in july and used sick days THEY CAN NOT DICIPLINE YOU FOR THAT,but they can retaliate agaist you for that,thats what the grievance procedure is for.