How do u feel about ups

upstwan

I can't hold it in any more.I work at the hub in Battle creek,Mi. I have been there for 9 years and still part time. I hate how they run ups, the part time sups do stuff that does not make any since.I am sick of them not going by seniority, sick of woman doing easy jobs because they are a woman, every person should be treated the same. I am also sick of sups doing union work and over 70s on the belts,Don't customers pay a free for special handling. I just wish that all the sups would pull the heads out of there ass and learn how to run a sort.Does anybody else have this problem.

brownrodster

I doubt UPS will ever make any 'since.'

We all know what it is like working for UPS. But I will gladly take the BS I have to take as a driver over what it was like working pt for 19 year old clueless sups.

pudg00

pudg00
I have been laid-off from driving for about 2-months. Figured out one reason thing are the way they are in the building. Noticed that full time sups are just baby sitters and play the hand they are dealt. Glad I go back driving on Mon. Sounds like upstwan has a work ethic, which is more that I can say for the kids I have been working with. Just do YOUR best and be happy you have a job.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
The Bob Seger song "Feel Like a Number" never really meant anything until I came to work here. Now I get it.

over9five

Staff member
You have to have the right attitude to be happy here. The right attitude for you.

My right attitude is to get along with everyone, and to stay under the radar. I get along with all my co-workers AND all my sups. I do the job and go home.

I love the place.

Browngoneblue

Since 86', I have worked as cc clerk, preload to local ops, svc provider and now corporate; be happy we have a job ya'll. Hate it as you may or leave just wear the hat. Things to come are still on beyond the horizon. Build the biz is no longer an option we need mom and pops back otherwise, UPS will be back on bikes. I have not seen an increase in months. Micro managers beware.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Since 86', I have worked as cc clerk, preload to local ops, svc provider and now corporate; be happy we have a job ya'll. Hate it as you may or leave just wear the hat. Things to come are still on beyond the horizon. Build the biz is no longer an option we need mom and pops back otherwise, UPS will be back on bikes. I have not seen an increase in months. Micro managers beware.
It is possible to love your job and be dissatisfied with certain aspects of it. I am very grateful to have the option to work in the hub while being laid off from feeders, but this is not the job I was hired for. And when I am told to "be thankful I have a job", I'm sorry I can't buy that. I quit a decent job to come to work here based on things I was told in the hiring process that have never come into fruition. I understand that noone could have predicted the economic downturn that we are experiencing, but things weren't as they were laid out for me before the economy took a crap. So you can save your "hang in there" and "things will be looking up" for guys who might actually buy into it.