how do ups calculate their work hours/minutes?

artist

I recently check my pay stub and notice it was 21.72? Shouldn't this be 22hrs 12mil. Or they consider .100 to be 1hr? Do they do any rounding on their hours/minutes? Any help on how they calculate the hours/minutes would be appreciate it. I would like to know because I want to compare my hours that I wrote down with the one on my pay stub. Thank you

ups79

I recently check my pay stub and notice it was 21.72? Shouldn't this be 22hrs 12mil. Or they consider .100 to be 1hr? Do they do any rounding on their hours/minutes? Any help on how they calculate the hours/minutes would be appreciate it. I would like to know because I want to compare my hours that I wrote down with the one on my pay stub. Thank you

No 21.999999 would be very close to 22hrs.0mins.

UPSSOCKS

It's a very complex formula that only mangement knows. I could tell you but then you would have to become a part time supervisor. Interested?

brownrod

.100000000... is one tenth of an hour. One tenth of an hour is 6 minutes. If you divide 6 by 60 your answer is .1.

.72 is seven tenths and 2 hundredths of an hour. Multiply .72 by 60 to get 43.2 minutes

As UPSsocks mentioned. This is a very complex formula we learned in elementary school.