HOW DO YO YOU GUYS DEAL WITH THIS HEAT?

DownSouthUPS

Our safety committee grieved about fans in the cabs. no word yet. AZ, NM have them. apparently company thinks it doesn't get hot in other parts of country.
We have fans in our truck down here in south Mississippi. It's gets about 96 with humidity very high making it feel about 115.

HardknocksUPSer

This stuff really helped me.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1471302030.844272.jpg

Dr.Brownz

Ive been going swimming everyday as of late during my 10 min break. I just got on a "new" rural route which has 3 rivers 3 lakes and many smaller creeks to cool off in
Its noce having options. Plus I meet others qho are swimming and bs for a bit

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ive been going swimming everyday as of late during my 10 min break. I just got on a "new" rural route which has 3 rivers 3 lakes and many smaller creeks to cool off in
Its noce having options. Plus I meet others qho are swimming and bs for a bit

What do you do on the weekends ?
Caddy for Happy Gilmore ??

Screen+Shot+2014-09-14+at+11.51.08+PM.png

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't agree.

If you have any direct questions about situations at UPS that I have either current or previous experience I will gladly converse.

Any question that is intended to or could unintentionally compromise my privacy on this site obvious will not be addressed.

Principles over personalities.

Dave, is that you??????

iruhnman630

2nd the frozen Gatotade slushy comment from earlier.

Big pitcher of ice water. A quick ice water douse on the head, neck, and arms does wonders.

herbigharo32

There are several things I do at start of each shift. These are important in managing the work load while ensuring that not all energy is expended before shift is over. Not to mention, there are commitments out of UPS too.

1. How long will the shift be? Check the piece count or ask supervisor how much volume is coming in that day.
2. How hot will it be?
3. Have 32 oz jug filled with water.
4. During busier times when shifts typically exceed 4 hours, pack a lunch (Rescheduling dosing for diabetes medications allows a short break under ADA to eat)

On much longer hot days, I will work at a very slow pace. If the day is short but hot, medium pace. If the day is somewhat long while cool, medium pace. On shorter days when it is cooler, I work at a fast pace. Simply throttle your work pace so not to completely wear yourself out while risking heat exhaustion and/or stroke.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
There are several things I do at start of each shift. These are important in managing the work load while ensuring that not all energy is expended before shift is over. Not to mention, there are commitments out of UPS too.

1. How long will the shift be? Check the piece count or ask supervisor how much volume is coming in that day.
2. How hot will it be?
3. Have 32 oz jug filled with water.
4. During busier times when shifts typically exceed 4 hours, pack a lunch (Rescheduling dosing for diabetes medications allows a short break under ADA to eat)

On much longer hot days, I will work at a very slow pace. If the day is short but hot, medium pace. If the day is somewhat long while cool, medium pace. On shorter days when it is cooler, I work at a fast pace. Simply throttle your work pace so not to completely wear yourself out while risking heat exhaustion and/or stroke.

Better yet work at one pace. No matter the day. Slow and comfortable works great for me.