How do you all deal with the "stress" that is upon us now....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by coldworld, May 15, 2011.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

I know some handle it better than others...what personally helps you on a daily basis from dealing with a poor customer all the way up to the company trying to fire you...and everything in between???
  2. sosocal

sosocal New Member

Antidepressants and Xanax......
  3. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

I been doing it so long it's part of my day. As bad as the day is or gets I won't let them get to me. Just come to work everyday and do the job they trained us to do.
  4. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Being able to step back and laugh at the absurdity of most of it.
  5. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

One stop at a time...
  6. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Keep my eye on the prize. And cuss alot.
    And remembering I get paid on Friday, and will for as long as I want, as long as I work safe, and dont get drawn into the move faster, doing more with less time, that causes people to cut corners, which corners can all now be seen,.
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

one stop at a time.. it only cardboard I get paid very well BY THE HOUR to deliver cardboard.
  8. YouKnowWhoIam

YouKnowWhoIam Banned

stress? what stress?!! I stopped caring what they said when I realized they turned delivering boxes into rocket science. Ill start caring again when they pay me like a rocket scientist!
  9. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

10. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Be safe, Be smart. One stop at a time
  11. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I reread Article 28 Section2 of the Western Region Supplement..."Discharges and Suspensions"....and find immediate gratitude in the fact that, unlike those who "manage" me, I am not a frightened little peon who must chase an impossible number every day in order to justify his position at the company trough.
  12. upserr1

upserr1 New Member

I look at as a job a well paying job with good benefits I work safe and do as I was trained.Work as directed at a comfortable pace.At the end of the day I go home and forget about it.No sense in getting worked up they don't care about you why stress out about it.As long as your giving your best what more can you give.One day at time one stop at time.
  13. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Sober's avatar and this threaqd reminded me of a quote from One flew....

McMurphy: I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this
  14. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

I use the frustration of the job to compel me to better myself by finishing my education, finding a higher paying occupation, and offering UPS a chance to match it. If they do, great; if they don't, just the same.

The worse my day at UPS is the harder I work at my other jobs and my personal hobbies to produce something fruitful that I can be paid for.
  15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

16. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Way back when, we had a Center Manager we nicknamed "Nurse Ratched"

17. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I loved the way Jerry just yelled that line! Met him & his wife a long time ago....good people.
  18. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

hahahah.... Nice.
  19. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Went to Feeders, no more stress.
  20. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

I put off 1 stop at a time; that's how I deal with it.