How do you all deal with the "stress" that is upon us now....

TheKid

"They" put stress on everyone of us. . . it is your decision what to do with it. I ignore it and "faithfully execute all duties assigned to me to the best of my ability and skill."

bigbrownhen

I keep pics of my family in the truck. It reminds me why I do the job. I actually like the job itself, am blessed with great customers and drivers in my loop. So on the days, that I get really annoyed, I just looks at my pics and remember they are worth it.

As tooner said though, sometimes cussing helps. Just make sure there isn't anyone within earshot. :surprised:

I tell myself I like it and it's not that bad at all. I think of all the people who would gladly trade places with me. There are a ton of guys who would love to have my job house wife kids cars and bank account. It's what you make of it and I refuse to walk around with anything short of a smile on my face and a positive proactive attitude that is viewed by my peers. I am my kids father and I have to be a man

brownedout

I tell myself I like it and it's not that bad at all. I think of all the people who would gladly trade places with me. There are a ton of guys who would love to have my job house wife kids cars and bank account. It's what you make of it and I refuse to walk around with anything short of a smile on my face and a positive proactive attitude that is viewed by my peers. I am my kids father and I have to be a man
Awesome post 407! I for one needed that "wake up call". With graduation season upon us I've read where people are receiving 1,000's upon 1,000's of dollars to give comencement speeches. You're few sentences should be in all of them. The royalties should cover the beer tab for the rest of your life. Thanks for the wake up call.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The thing that gets me is the "perfection" syndrome they are having now...documenting every friend'ing thing on rides for future dicipline...cant get you for numbers, this is all they have and its being pushed by the highest levels of the regions. Do they honestly expect people to go out and not do a few things "wrong" or at least wrong in ups' book. I use to enjoy this job as much as one can enjoy "work", and all of their bull//it is so counterproductive. I know others hate coming to work, and I know were all in this together, even the peon local mgt, but Im not sure if i'll last another few years...either from getting fired or mental stress. I would probably not be far off base when I say we all probably work for the most harassing company in america...or am I wrong??Any thoughts?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Dont let the man get you down...is this what Im hearing(or reading)here?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Amen to that and thank you. a true man does his job and keeps the stress from his family.

The thing that gets me is the "perfection" syndrome they are having now...documenting every friend'ing thing on rides for future dicipline...cant get you for numbers, this is all they have and its being pushed by the highest levels of the regions. Do they honestly expect people to go out and not do a few things "wrong" or at least wrong in ups' book. I use to enjoy this job as much as one can enjoy "work", and all of their bull//it is so counterproductive. I know others hate coming to work, and I know were all in this together, even the peon local mgt, but Im not sure if i'll last another few years...either from getting fired or mental stress. I would probably not be far off base when I say we all probably work for the most harassing company in america...or am I wrong??Any thoughts?

I agree, Im not sure how much longer I will make it either. I cant say I enjoy it any more when I used to love it. I used to get up every morning and be excited I was going to work for UPS, and to this day my kids are adults and they are proud of me, but my body isnt willing. I think my body and my soul would be better, if I didnt get treated like crap because the numbers tell a different story than what I did the day before. I think they were a different persons numbers.
We can all say all day long those things dont matter, fair days work for a fair days pay,; we dont recognize production, but to a person with a work ethic, whos "numbers are put out for the world to see, all over every district, they do. So I am just mad that UPS chooses to out me as a "bad" driver, when I am far from it. Be honest, if Im too old and too beat up from years of no power steering and a high step, my knees and elbows are shot, just say I have done my job and buy me out or shut up. Til then the beatings will continue, coz I am not leaving now, Ive given half my life.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
"The beatings will continue until morale improves"
I remember seeing that saying on a lot of gifts will shopping in the Bahamas. The way people in Operations are treated, I wonder sometimes if this is the secret Corporate Mission Statement. I used to like going to work for 33 years. The last three has changed for me. We have more work piled on us and the harassment has increased. Its just not the same company, which is sad.

DS

Fenderbender
Dorothy
Your Majesty, If you were King, you wouldn't be afraid of anything?
Lion
Not nobody, not nohow!
Tin Man
Not even a rhinocerous?
Lion
Imposserous!
Dorothy
How about a hippopotamus?
Lion
Why, I'd trash him from top to bottomamus!
Dorothy
Supposin' you met an elephant?
Lion
I'd wrap him up in cellophant!
Scarecrow
What if it were a brontosaurus?
Lion
I'd show him who was King of the Forest!
All Four
How?
Lion
How?
Courage! What makes a King out of a slave?
Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave?
Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk, in the misty mist or the dusky dusk?
What makes the muskrat guard his musk?
Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder?
Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder?
Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot?
What have they got that I ain't got?
All Four
Courage!
Lion
Then you can say that again!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I dont have a problem with being held to a very high standard of performance. They pay me good money and they have every right to demand that I earn that money.

What I do have a problem with....is when the people who try to hold me to that high standard are totally incapable of living up to that same standard themselves.

If I managed the daily business of my route with the same level of competence displayed by those who claim to "manage" me....I would have been fired a long, long time ago.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I have to admit that, of late, I have tended to bypass a few of your threads due to the constant content of badgering Upstate. I will proudly thank you for making this post and renewing my faith in you. You post pretty much mirrored my true thoughts and what gets me through most of my days. Thank you.

Dont let the man get you down...is this what Im hearing(or reading)here?

Kinda. Once I got fired the last time for something that was later proven was management dishonesty I vowed to comeback with the greatest attitude ever. Anyone can comeback with that chip on there shoulder so I decided to remake myself into a positive machine. Methods and adherence to compliance would be my foundation. I'm a survivor and this place is changing so I and everyone better change with it and evolve.

I have to admit that, of late, I have tended to bypass a few of your threads due to the constant content of badgering Upstate. I will proudly thank you for making this post and renewing my faith in you. You post pretty much mirrored my true thoughts and what gets me through most of my days. Thank you.

I've tried and tried to befriend the man on here to no avail. I've given up and since it bothers you so much I'll stop it from now on. It just seems in the past on here the nicer I've been to him he wakes up one day out of nowhere and bashes the hell out of me. Most of the time it doesn't vet my goat buy sometimes it kinda hurts and I get fired up. Sorry cementups